• Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim! Welcome to the group.
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    May i join aswell Genie :smile:

Id love to lose a stone by xmas aswell. It would then make me hit my goal weight (just)! x
  • sonicat
    sonicat Posts: 14
    Options
    I'd love to lose a stone for christmas!! this is just wot i needed!
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join? I'd love to lose a stone by Christmas.

I joined another challenge a few months ago but lost motivation and really need a kick up the bum to start again. Plus this group seems a bit friendlier than the other one, and it's nice to be surrounded by some fellow Brits :smile:

Eeeek, just got on the scales for the first time since I stopped my workouts before and have put on 6lbs. I knew I'd put on some weight but SIX POUNDS?? Waaaaaah :sad:

Looks like I found my kick in the bum LOL
  • Genie30
    Options
    Fabulous! Welcome everyone. Don't forget to make friends with the others in the group so we can all support each other. If you feel like 14lbs is a bit less or more than you would like to lose, feel free to set your own target. 14lbs was my original goal when I set up the group but lots of people have thier own goals.

The great thing is we're all here to support each other and it's lovely that we have such a wonderful group of people :flowerforyou:
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi all fellow stone shedders im in.

I set myself a 2 stone christmas challenge so a stone is what I need to lose before christmas count me in please. Im also going to weight watchers so thats where I get weighed weekly. I am off to get weighed tomorrow. I have been trying really hard and been so much more motivated latley than I have in a long time.

I wish you all loads and loads of luck with it. I will keep you updated with my progress and look forward to seeing how you all get on.

Luan xxx
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    P.s I will weigh exactly the same as you if I lose my 14lbs :O)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Oooh lovely! A flurry of posts for Monday! Hello to all the new people :flowerforyou:

Go ahead and add me if anyone needs an extra cheerleader th_cheerleader.gif
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well that's a bit embarrassing. I completely misread the scales yesterday during my minor meltdown, despite getting on them three times to double check. I've actually only put on 1lb not the 6lbs that I'd thought. :blushing:

On the upside, it really did give me the kick I needed because I went back to the gym last night and restarted C25k. Today I'm thinking Jillian Michael's BFBM which I've never done before but I've heard is really good. Either that or I'll head back to the gym with my Body Doctor programme which I've used before and I love. Whichever, it's good to be back on track again!
  • CBM23
    CBM23 Posts: 36
    Options
    I don't know if its too late to join you all in your quest but I would love to none the less! It would be amazing to lose a stone by Christmas and even if I can't quite meet that goal, it would still be wonderful to come anywhere close! :)
    This will my first challenge and my first real attempt to make friends and start myself an online support group, so I would love to have a friend request or two sent my way, who knows, it might help to get my *kitten* in gear :)
  • evendeadlier
    Options
    I have lost the plot! I can't get my head back in the right place, I can't get back on track. I don't know what happened, I was doing so well, so focused and then bam, all gone!

How do you get back on track when you fall off?
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I seem be losing a pound a week I've hardly exercised its half term here in the UK kids are off school I'm buying extra food hubby made a beef stew will get back into my zumba very soon.

10 stone 11 lbs as of today :)
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Do you keep your pics from your biggest weight, Its hard to say babe I weigh in on a wednesday only so I can recoup if I have a bad weekend hope you get back on track x
  • Verysalty
    Verysalty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Vanessa,

I'm joining this group as I really do want to get a stone of by Christmas. I figure if you can lose weight during the Christmas build up you can do i any time.

I this week I'm in a good position as i have the week off from college. I'm trying to drink 8 glasses of water a day (with a little lime cordial), avoiding (not cutting out) carbs, not adding unnecessary fat, and I'm doing daily exercises I hope to improve in.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im In!!

I already lost 7.5lbs last week so I'm expecting a slow down but I would like to lose 2st (28lbs)(12.7kg) by 22nd December.
    Bring it on!!! I weigh in on the 22nd of each month so might not be too active on the board but will pop by to see how everyone else is getting on.
    What Christmas pressie will you give to yourself if you reach you goal?
    I'm going to by a red coat. I've always wanted one.....seems silly but I always thought I was too fat for nice clothes but if I reach my goal I will be tempted to buy one or at least give my self a little cash towards a really nice one for a few stone after that!!!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I have lost the plot! I can't get my head back in the right place, I can't get back on track. I don't know what happened, I was doing so well, so focused and then bam, all gone!

I change my settings to maintenance so I've got more calories to play with until I feel a bit more in control, continue to fill in my diary (however bad it gets!) and ride out the storm!

Don't beat yourself up about it, just start again and come and rant here if you need to :wink:
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of new members!! Hello everyone!
    I change my settings to maintenance so I've got more calories to play with until I feel a bit more in control, continue to fill in my diary (however bad it gets!) and ride out the storm!
    I couldn't agree more, that's excellent advice! After falling off, it's hard enough eating well and lowering your calories too much could leave you hungry, tempting you to eat the wrong things.

I'm totally changing my eating and going back to low carb. I crave too much when I eat carbs so I have to make a change. It's so encouraging seeing everyones before and after pictures on MFP. But it's also depressing because I was posting pretty impressive pictures myself 4 years ago!
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Can I join pleassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Genie30
    Options
    lol of course! Everyones welcome.Nice to meet you.
  • Genie30
    Options

Eek! That is hard, I know eactly how you feel. I get back on track by planning out what I'm going to eat for the next few days, planning my exercise and reminding myself of all the reasons I wanted to lose weight in the first place! Accept that it's not always easy and life does get in the way but by having more good days than bad, you will get there eventually. :flowerforyou: