Stone off by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just to update you all, I have lost 3lbs.... only 11lbs to go before Xmas lol. *fingers crossed* I can do it! Hope you lovelies are all doing well too xxx :heart:
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Weigh in for me on Friday - hoping ive lost 'something'!! :grumble:

Good luck everyone elce! xxx
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss Miziemooxx! Good luck for tomorrow Kitjos.
  • cazyll
    cazyll Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi, stuck at 6lbs, but hoping to be down another pound by the end of the week, which means I'll be half way!

I've decided today that my size 14's just don't fit anymore, so into the cupboard they are going to go, which means shopping!
  • Verysalty
    Verysalty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Gosh today was difficult. my energy levels were pretty low. I only did half a workout and my day just disappeared!

Anyone else get energy lows? how do you deal with them?
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi VerySalty,

If I have an energy low the only thing that helps me is to switch up my exercise to something that I love and then add a little treat to the end. So for me that might be to go swimming for a while (doesn't have to be an epic session) and then pay the extra £2 to go use the sauna and steam room afterwards. This might not seem swanky to most people but I'm still a student so it's unusual for me!

Then go to bed early with a good book. Oh yeah!
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh and a fellow stoners update: so far so good for the week. I've lost two pounds since I joined and had a great week with exercise, trying new classes. I started boxing a few weeks ago and this week I'm adding another class to my week's roster of workouts. I even got my own pair of boxing gloves: new kit always motivates me!

A bit worried about the weekend as I'm going away but even though I won't always be able to control the food I've hopefully got enough activities planned to minimize the damage! Previously I've always let myself go WAY off track when I go out of town so fingers crossed this is different!

Hope you all had a fab week!
  • Verysalty
    Options
    Hi VerySalty,

If I have an energy low the only thing that helps me is to switch up my exercise to something that I love and then add a little treat to the end. So for me that might be to go swimming for a while (doesn't have to be an epic session) and then pay the extra £2 to go use the sauna and steam room afterwards. This might not seem swanky to most people but I'm still a student so it's unusual for me!

Then go to bed early with a good book. Oh yeah!

Thanks Symegeer,

Yesterday was tricky energy wise but I feel tons better today. I beat a workout record. I think yesterday was just a slump day, which can really catch you out!. Glad i didn't go off my diet and did a least got some exerise.

P.s I'm a poor student too!
  • kitjos
    Options
    I have no idea how but ive GAINED 3lbs but had a NSV with about 1/2 - 1 inch off all area's??!! How does that work out? :noway:

I think what im going to have to do so i dont drive myself crazy is to carry on as i am now with 1200 cals & daily cardio and i dont think i will do weigh in anymore - not untill the final weigh in is done. Might change my mind next week but im not giving up yet!! xx
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Only lost half a pound this week. feeling more than a bit fed up. Hoping for better numbers next week. I hope you all had a better week than that ;)
  • Genie30
    Options
    Pound on for me this week too. Kitjos, do you think yours could be water or muscle build up? Congrats for your inch loss.

Congrats to all the people who have lost.
  • janeypops
    janeypops Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please can I join too I need loads of motivation as I'm new on here. I need loads of new friends to kick my *kitten* into loosing my weight, a stone by chrimbo would be fab

Thank you x
  • kitjos
    Options
    Pound on for me this week too. Kitjos, do you think yours could be water or muscle build up? Congrats for your inch loss.

Congrats to all the people who have lost.

Im also thinking it could be muscle. Can really see the loss when i look at myself but the scales say otherwise. Think ill lock them in a dark cupboard till xmas day and then re-measure myself then aswell.

Dont be concerned about the pound loss, most likely water retension for you. Im possitive you will see a better result next week! :wink:
  • CBM23
    CBM23 Posts: 36
    Options
    My food and exercise has been pretty awful the last few days but I'm fairly certain that I haven't gained weight, so that's a bright note at least and though I haven't really exercised in the last couple days, I have still been pretty active, lots of walking and dancing (though I wouldn't know how to log it, so I haven't) and I have not yet gone over my calorie goal, regardless of how awful the food is. So at least I'm being good whilst being bad :P
    The gym closes at 5 today, so I wont be getting there again, but tomorrow is a new day and I plan to go and get back on track (and now that I've told you all that, I have to :P ).

I hope everyone is doing well and don't be too discouraged if you have a bad day, week, month or year. Its never too late to get back on track and remember that no matter how long its been or how far gone you feel, you always have the option to restart, its never too late to be a bran new you. :)
  • Verysalty
    Options
    Here's a weird thing. I'm hungover?

I had 3 glasses of wine (all budgeted for in my calories allowance) last night whilst watching strictly come dancing with my mum.

And now for some cruel reason I'm horribly hungover. Now, normally i can hold my drink pretty well and i even had a decent evening meal and had water during the day. And I wasn't drunk. So the wine shouldn't be effecting me.

Perhaps it has something to do with losing 4 pound in one week. Am I now a lightweight? If so then the run up to Christmas is going to be interesting

What do you lot reckon? has this happened to anyone else?
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Here's a weird thing. I'm hungover?

I had 3 glasses of wine (all budgeted for in my calories allowance) last night whilst watching strictly come dancing with my mum.

And now for some cruel reason I'm horribly hungover. Now, normally i can hold my drink pretty well and i even had a decent evening meal and had water during the day. And I wasn't drunk. So the wine shouldn't be effecting me.

Perhaps it has something to do with losing 4 pound in one week. Am I now a lightweight? If so then the run up to Christmas is going to be interesting

What do you lot reckon? has this happened to anyone else?

I had exactly the same thing last Sunday. Went out for the first time since joining MFP. Had a bottle of wine over the whole evening, was sick when I got home, sick all the next morning and the hangover seemed to stay with me until the Tuesday.

I used to be a big drinker (and a big girl) so this lack of tolerance has really got me. We have a free bar for our works Christmas meal and I'm debating whether to drive. Readjusting to my lack of alcohol tolerance is going to be VERY interesting!
  • Verysalty
    Options
    Thanks Ingot81.

I'm feeling better now ;)

I know what you mean. I used to have a strong stomach.

I think we will just have to see the positive side. I know I will HAVE to drink less if i don't want to feel like I've been hit by a freight train the next day.
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hiya how is everyone doing??? All saints day tomorrow. Weekends are a nightmare lol
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hiya how is everyone doing??? All saints day tomorrow. Weekends are a nightmare lol

I totally agree Diggy - weekends are the worst for me, but soooo much fun! Weekends here are Friday & Saturday so I spent Thursday night quaffing a bottle of wine, Friday was brunch and Oktoberfest all in one day - far too much beer! - and Saturday was spent in the recovery position inhaling carbs. Pretty much a standard weekend for me :drinker:

I'm trying to be positively angelic during the week though, and just hoping that on my weekends I don't gain back everything I might have lost!
  • Genie30
    Options
    Yeah, weekends are tough for me too, too much opportunity to indulge and of course, it's the weekend so why not?! lol.

I still try to plan my weekends as much as possible to avoid disaster but it does require will power (which i don't seem to have much of lately).