Goal weight is 145
    UGW is around 130 :)
  • missyouhoo
    missyouhoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5'8 UGW 175
  • ambie443
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2 1/2 inches short, and would like to weigh 134 pounds currently I weigh 210 pounds but when I started using mfp I weighed 214 that was 6 days ago. my true goal is to be able to wear a two piece bathing suit for the first time this summer
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm 5'2"
    My starting weight: 175
    My current weight: 142! (As of today)
    My goal weight: 136 (healthy BMI)
    My UGW: 130 (as of now)
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 150, but I might get there and want to lose a bit more. We'll see :)
  • Gypsy_MerMom
    Gypsy_MerMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'6 120 gonna get there hecks ya but baby steps
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my UGW is 99lbs, then I would have about 10% body fat and my stomach wouldn't sit in one saggy bean bag when I sit down.

That's too low! Us women need at least 12-15% body fat to menstruate on a regular schedule.

actually some women can't even get as low as 15% without screwing up their bodies -- although some do fine at 12 like you said. But once you get irregular you're messing up your body and you need a little more fat. And before anyone says they would love to not have their period - that is your body feeling so threatened for survival that it is shutting down one of your basic systems.

Totally make sense. Under 100 when you are over 5'1" is generally far too low. It is unfortunate so many of those tall and very skinny models make us think it is healthy/normal/possible to be 120 and 5'9". :(

So all of this was about me. I don't have an eating disorder, I have a degree in psychology I know what anorexia is. I have very light bones, so does my mother and all the other women in my family we're just lucky like that. I know I am not fat, I never said I was, but I do have a gut which I would like gone. I have size D breasts, so obviously I'm not too skinny or they would be A LOT smaller. The heaviest I have ever weighed is 54kg and I have generally always weighed 50kg. So I have naturally been underweight my whole life. The only reason I got to 54kg was because I stress ate from uni, an entire batch of muffins and a whole block of chocolate in one sitting plus I would eat high carb food throughout the day. Does that sound healthy? No wonder I gained weight. At the moment I try to eat only naturally occurring carbs and I stay away from pasta and bread because they make me feel bloated and yuck. I keep my sodium intake at less than 1500mg to stop water retention and the bloat and I try not to eat more than 25% fat each day out of my calories. I eat mostly vegetables fruits and grains although somtimes I slip up. I drink coke zero to keep the extreme sugar cravings that I have at bay. I make sure I get as close to my protein and fiber goals as possible and I take vitamin tablets everyday. I don't know if 10%BF is what I will be at 45kg, it's hard to measure with all the different formulas out there, I was just taking a guess. My lowest weight was 47kg at the beginning of this year and I loved the way I looked, I like looking a bit thinner than most people. Maybe most of you are used to being very overweight and since eating disorders have been so over popularised in the media without an explanation of what it actually entails it is easy to misunderstand. Anyway that is the one reply I'm going to give as I don't have the time or energy to keep arguing my case to strangers. She asked our ULTIMATE goal weights and I gave mine.
  • penelofur
    penelofur Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am 4'10 and I would like to get back to 100lbs. I would be happy at a toned 115 though!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying this because it would feel irresponsible not to.

@skinimin

Wanting to be underweight is not, in and of itself, an eating disorder. Nevertheless, there are physical dangers to being underweight which apply whether or not you have a mental illness.

I do not know you, I do not pretend to know whether your goal weight will make you ill or not, but just because the word 'anorexia' is misused, that doesn't mean others shouldn't be concerned about the mental and physical well-being of someone who chooses to be underweight.
  • gabehammyhamlin
    Options
    mine would be 225 so i could mma
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I'm 5'4ish and my goal is 125..Its a good weight for me...5 pounds away :)
  • hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5`11, and my ultimate is 140
  • thatoneguy100
    Options
    UGW: 185-190lbs
    Height: 6' 0"
    CW: I think 220 but I haven't checked in awhile
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    5ft 3.5 (Medium Build)

GW 122

Ultra Goal - 119/120

Am between 124 & 125 at the moment which apparently is "ideal" for my height but I could still stand to lose a few extra lbs!

I used this http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/ideal-healthy-weight

The "healthy" range for my height is 112 - 140 so at least I am aiming somewhere in the middle.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    So all of this was about me. I don't have an eating disorder, I have a degree in psychology I know what anorexia is. I have very light bones, so does my mother and all the other women in my family we're just lucky like that. I know I am not fat, I never said I was, but I do have a gut which I would like gone. I have size D breasts, so obviously I'm not too skinny or they would be A LOT smaller. The heaviest I have ever weighed is 54kg and I have generally always weighed 50kg. So I have naturally been underweight my whole life. The only reason I got to 54kg was because I stress ate from uni, an entire batch of muffins and a whole block of chocolate in one sitting plus I would eat high carb food throughout the day. Does that sound healthy? No wonder I gained weight. At the moment I try to eat only naturally occurring carbs and I stay away from pasta and bread because they make me feel bloated and yuck. I keep my sodium intake at less than 1500mg to stop water retention and the bloat and I try not to eat more than 25% fat each day out of my calories. I eat mostly vegetables fruits and grains although somtimes I slip up. I drink coke zero to keep the extreme sugar cravings that I have at bay. I make sure I get as close to my protein and fiber goals as possible and I take vitamin tablets everyday. I don't know if 10%BF is what I will be at 45kg, it's hard to measure with all the different formulas out there, I was just taking a guess. My lowest weight was 47kg at the beginning of this year and I loved the way I looked, I like looking a bit thinner than most people. Maybe most of you are used to being very overweight and since eating disorders have been so over popularised in the media without an explanation of what it actually entails it is easy to misunderstand. Anyway that is the one reply I'm going to give as I don't have the time or energy to keep arguing my case to strangers. She asked our ULTIMATE goal weights and I gave mine.

None of that makes what you are doing to yourself good for you.
  • siabevis
    Options
    already there ;)
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    5'3 UGW - 115

I'll get there eventually. :wink:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

What does being overweight have to do with recognizing that you have a potentially dangerous weight goal?? You don't have to be anorexic to make piss-poor fitness decisions. You basically said, "You fatties don't understand how anorexia works." Not everyone that studies physchology is thin.

I know you've said you're not going to reply again, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call you on this.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

Eh duuuuuh. That entire last portion pissed me off beyond what you could ever imagine. "Maybe most of you are used to being very overweight" You are what I like to call a skinny *****- one that thinks everyone who's FAT must not have a clue what it's like to be skinny or because they're FAT they must not have a clue what it's like to have an eating disorder. Think again.

Your psych degree doesn't mean you know anything about health and wellness. Your goal weight will give you more health problems than the few "extra" pounds on you.

PS. There is no such thing as big and small boned. There's big and small FRAMES but your bones are no smaller than anyone else's (aside from height).