Options

Replies

• FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is SECONDARY to FITNESS.
  • getNskinny2day
    Options
    Disagree. It just makes sense that eating a meal in the morning would jump start your metabolism first thing, and why would you want to load on all of your daily cals in 1 meal.. Seems like a bit of an overload for your body to handle.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Every meal is important. Breakfast just happens to be so important because this first meal is what wakes up your system an metabolism out of the hibernation that comes with sleep. Sure, If you don't eat unitl after 2:00 pm and cut your calories, you will lose initial weight, but you will sacrifice your metabolism and it will hinder your long term success. It's like turning to the dark side, it's seductive, quicker, but in the end it is NOT more powerful.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I love heated debates based upon anecdotal evidence and someone's blog . . .
  • I agree that fasting works.....for some people.

I think a lot of dieting depends on one's body. I know I do quite well when I skip breakfast and am also on a low carb diet. There are many days I am that I am able to do Intermittent fasting and I love it because I usually plan to fast on days that I am very busy so I don't even have to think about food. Everyone is different though, my mom can't skip breakfast or she'll feel awful and end up cheating later on in the day.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-eat-breakfast

I personally have thyroid issues and if I dnt eat an hour after my thyroid medication is taken I feel like im starving.

Plus when you eat breakfast it gets your metabolism running.

If you dnt eat all day your only starving your body.... so when you do eat what is gonna happen? Ur body is gonna hold on to those fat and calories to make up for the rest of the day that you didnt eat.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is SECONDARY to FITNESS.

so you can't be fit if you don't eat breakfast?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    To each their own.

For me, I'm breaking my fast at 8:30 AM sitting at my desk with oatmeal.

I don't want to deny my body a healthy start to the day. I'm an active person. I eat every 2-3 hours. Skipping meals is not in my plan.

Everyone is wired differently. If you want to break your fast at lunch feel free.
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ugh...this thread should be deleted. Haha...I almost feel bad taking time to write a post. I have nothing against people who do or dot eat breakfast. I also will not discuss/argue this topic. I don't eat breakfast, I DON'T eat a traditional postworkout meal, I train hard, I''ve made lots of progress. CLEARLY. I plan to continue in this fashion. Do what works for you. I'll say it again, this thread should be deleted.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and lunch and I look better than you therefore I'll stick to my way Thanks.

Sorry but this is an ignorant statement.

And you don't think this is: "Breakfast is not required. It's Calories in vs Calories out. Again, meal timing is irrelevant."

So, I think I'll eat my weekends worth of food right now...then eat nothing until Monday. According to you, this works, right? I should be fueled and primed for my 6 mile tempo run this afternoon, my push day at the gym tomorrow and my 14 mile run on Sunday - right? No, our bodies are NOT efficient storers of energy.

See you're being silly now. It's calories in vs calories out, and obviously it's within a 24 hour period that matters considering thats how long the anabolic window lasts.

So essentially, you could have a TDEE of 3000 calories, and eat ONE meal of 2500 calories and still lose 1 lb per week.

Period, end of story ..cut and dry. Not to mention that if in that one meal you also ate 2-4 servings of fruits and 4-6 servings of veggies, that you would also get your proper micronutrients to maintain good health.

So please, you are trying to argue with the wrong person here friend. ;)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I love heated debates based upon anecdotal evidence and someone's blog . . .

and how many controlled studies are their that show not eating breakfast is harmful to weightloss/body comp?
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha chase it with some red bull too! Lmao!
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There are several comments below the linked article you've provided which seem to point out flaws in the author's research?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out. When you eat doesn't mean a thing.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    This is REALLY bad advice for anyone dealing with hyper/hypoglycemia.
    Lots of diabetics out there, that have never even been diagnosed.
    The Peak and Crash of your blood sugar could be catastrophic.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I only skip bfast when I wake up past noon then I still log what I ate as bfast cause that's breaking my fast from not eating the night before! Otherwise bfast is my most favorite meal of the day so no can't agree with this thread.:tongue:
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    haha good joke!!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this most interesting concept!~I find in my own fitness journey that is always good to take in different points of view and what works for others. .

Sometimes you see something that is just the boost that you need. . Rock on m'friend.
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    different strokes for different folks...i have to eat a little breakfast, mainly because i work out in mornings. If i dont eat something i get sick to my stomach.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    There are several comments below the linked article you've provided which seem to point out flaws in the author's research?

^^^ Exactly.