Zara Naylor and friends October challenge. (closed group)

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Darla, you amaze me every time.

Brian and Zara, you are both heroes. Fab dedication.

I think I will make the 20,000 but it's going to be close.
    Total October calories burned: 17,859

xx
    close for me too! we can do this! thanks for your kind words! You inspire me by the bucket loads too. Love ya x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Hi guys, sorry i havent posted in awhile. I am not couting minutes or cals burned for challenge. But iam doing better, cleaner eating. I weigh in on Monday, so fingers crossed its working.
    Nice to see you on here! Your doing great... I keep my eye on you lol. You will have to be more active in xmas challange if you can... Know its not always possible. Clean eating is the way forward! xxx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    October 29th Calories Burned 1355
    Miles Walked 4

Total Calories Burned 38,765

Oct 1 - 260
    Oct 3 - 254 Lost 6
    Oct 10 - 250 Lost 4
    Oct 17 - 247.8 Lost 2.2
    Oct 24 - 245.4 Lost 2.4
    Oct 31 -

Total Weight Lost 14.6 lbs - Goal 15 lbs

1. Weigh 245 by October 31, which will require a loss of 15 lbs this month
    2. Burn 5,000 calories per week, and 20,000 calories for the month (Done)
    3. Walk 200 miles by October 31.
    4. No POTATOES for the week.
    5. To lose an additional 2.4 lbs by October 31, which would put my weight at 243.

I can't wait for Monday to weigh in!!! Good luck everyone!!!
    You never fail to astound me! imagine if you made 40,000 calories in one month! incredible!!! well done! you deserve an amazing resuly Monday, so fingers crossed x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Hi guys, been hiking today and my calorie count is now 19.004. I jogged near the end to boost my calories, a first for me. It took me 55 mins to get up that peak last time, wanted to do it in 40 mins today, did it in 39mins 58 seconds lol. Ended with a heart rate of 182bpm, wanted the 40 mins badly! lol. It was only 7 weeks since i last did it so fitness levels improving loads. I actually really enjoyed it today. Considering my fybro is bad at the moment too im really happy with that! Less than 1000 cals to 20,000. Party tomorrow for my niece birthday on Halloween and work Monday, but i will get that 1000 in no matter what lol... doing great everyone! nearly there! Xmas challenge here we come! x
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    October 27: Burned 669 calories
    Total: 15,232 calories

It looks like I am going to fail at reaching my goal of 20,000 calories burned for October.
  • flipsit
    flipsit Posts: 111
    Hi guys, been hiking today and my calorie count is now 19.004. I jogged near the end to boost my calories, a first for me. It took me 55 mins to get up that peak last time, wanted to do it in 40 mins today, did it in 39mins 58 seconds lol. Ended with a heart rate of 182bpm, wanted the 40 mins badly! lol. It was only 7 weeks since i last did it so fitness levels improving loads. I actually really enjoyed it today. Considering my fybro is bad at the moment too im really happy with that! Less than 1000 cals to 20,000. Party tomorrow for my niece birthday on Halloween and work Monday, but i will get that 1000 in no matter what lol... doing great everyone! nearly there! Xmas challenge here we come! x

You're such an inspiration. x
  • flipsit

It looks like I am going to fail at reaching my goal of 20,000 calories burned for October.

Look what you've achieved Brian! You're going to have burned well over 15,000 calories this month whichever way you look at it. You're a star. x
  • flipsit
    Total October calories burned: 18,193

I had to study all day so have just squeezed in an hour of yoga but tomorrow I am going for a swim. Hope it's not too crowded because I really want to get a good hour in. x
  • XXXMinnieXXX

Aw well, your not far off at all. I think you've done an amazing job, and there's always the next challenge. Think of how far you have come and the weight you have lost this month, you should be so proud of yourself. I certainly am... On the Christmas challenge I think i'm going to set a 30,000 calories burnt challenge for myself, average is just over 500 calories per day, you in? Means we will probably burn more some days, and less others and it will average out. You inspire me and im so proud of you, so glad yo have you as my friend on here!!! Go Brian!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Total October calories burned: 18,193

I had to study all day so have just squeezed in an hour of yoga but tomorrow I am going for a swim. Hope it's not too crowded because I really want to get a good hour in. x
    good luck honey x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Sunday 30th, one day of the challenge left!!! Calories up to now 19,588. Only 422 to go, I went to Asda shopping, walked there and back, with crazy heavy bags. Hosting a roast dinner for 12, been cooking a lot but not counted that! will make sure i hit 20,000 tomorrow. Exhausted though, dont feel ready for a week at work lol. Im off Tuesday for weight management, but in every other day. Atleast ill have chance to set the xmas challenge up Tuesday!!! Cant wait for weigh ins for us all. Mine is going to be Tuesday, got my dates mixes up, weight management is the 1st, so ill get a weight to end this challenge and to start the next for xmas. Doing fantastic guys, loved doing this with you all. think the support does us all good, love ya all loads x
  • flipsit
    I swam for an hour and a half today- 80 lengths- 2km. Probably won't be able to move tomorrow, lol.

Total October calories burned: 20,277
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    I swam for an hour and a half today- 80 lengths- 2km. Probably won't be able to move tomorrow, lol.

Lucky you...I love swimming...I wish there was a public pool close to my house for me to go. Great workout!
  • darlalu00
    October 30th Calories Burned 770
    Miles Walked 3

Total Calories Burned 39,535

Oct 1 - 260
    Oct 3 - 254 Lost 6
    Oct 10 - 250 Lost 4
    Oct 17 - 247.8 Lost 2.2
    Oct 24 - 245.4 Lost 2.4
    Oct 31 -

Total Weight Lost 14.6 lbs - Goal 15 lbs

1. Weigh 245 by October 31, which will require a loss of 15 lbs this month
    3. Walk 200 miles by October 31.
    4. No POTATOES for the week.
    5. To lose an additional 2.4 lbs by October 31, which would put my weight at 243.
  • flipsit
    SW: 276
    GW: 269
    CW: 267

Total calories burned: 20,440

I wanted to lose 7 pounds but have actually lost 9 pounds. Woohoo!
    I can put my old work trousers on and walk around in them so I'm happy with that. I still need to lose a bit more before I can risk sitting down in them, lol.
    I set a goal of 3,000 calories a week, then upped it to 20,000 for the month. I made my goal comfortably in the end, so am chuffed about that too.
    I wanted to introduce some new types of exercise. I've started 2 new DVD's- one yoga/ pilates and the other a new biggest loser workout. I bought 1kg weights (only using 450g weights previously) to use in my workouts. I have also increased speed/ distance for walking.
    I had planned to fit in 2 extra swims this month but I only managed one. But I did swim much longer on 2 occasions so feel I made up for it somewhat. i have swum 7km this month.

October challenge finished!

I just want to thank everyone for your support and encouragement. It has really spurred me on. I am in awe of all your achievements. xx
  • darlalu00
    October 31st Calories Burned 1578
    Miles Walked 4.29

Total Calories Burned 41,113 ( I realize that this number is not accurate because I don't have a HRM and use MFP)

Oct 1 - 260
    Oct 3 - 254 Lost 6
    Oct 10 - 250 Lost 4
    Oct 17 - 247.8 Lost 2.2
    Oct 24 - 245.4 Lost 2.4
    Oct 31 -239 Lost 6.4

Total Weight Lost 21 lbs - Goal 15 lbs

1. Weigh 245 by October 31, which will require a loss of 15 lbs this month(Done)
    3. Walk 200 miles by October 31. (I failed to walk 200 mile in the month of October, but I came pretty darn close161.04 I'll take it)
    4. No POTATOES for the week. ( I have not eaten any potatoes of any kind for the last week of the challenge)
    5. To lose an additional 2.4 lbs by October 31, which would put my weight at 243. (I lost 4 additional lbs)

When I started this weight loss journey I weighed 280 lbs, I took my measurements back in August when I started. Today was the first time I measured since then and I've lost 17.5 inches and 41 lbs all total. I am proud of my accomplishments!!!

During this month I found out all lot about myself...1. I am not a quitter 2. I have self control and 3. I actually like to exercise.

I would like to thank everyone especially Zara for all your support and motivation during this challenge. I couldn't have done it with out all of you.

Thanks everyone and good luck to all of you!!!
  • flipsit
    Wow, Darla that is an amazing achievement. A great loss and calorie burn, and your number of miles walked is awesome. I'm doing a victory dance in your honour. Woohoo!
  • darlalu00
    Wow, Darla that is an amazing achievement. A great loss and calorie burn, and your number of miles walked is awesome. I'm doing a victory dance in your honour. Woohoo!

Thank you...everyone did awesome!:bigsmile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX

AMAZING!!!! Over 20,000 to. Im smiling sooooo much right now! Victory dance x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    SW: 276
    GW: 269
    CW: 267

Total calories burned: 20,440

I wanted to lose 7 pounds but have actually lost 9 pounds. Woohoo!
    I can put my old work trousers on and walk around in them so I'm happy with that. I still need to lose a bit more before I can risk sitting down in them, lol.
    I set a goal of 3,000 calories a week, then upped it to 20,000 for the month. I made my goal comfortably in the end, so am chuffed about that too.
    I wanted to introduce some new types of exercise. I've started 2 new DVD's- one yoga/ pilates and the other a new biggest loser workout. I bought 1kg weights (only using 450g weights previously) to use in my workouts. I have also increased speed/ distance for walking.
    I had planned to fit in 2 extra swims this month but I only managed one. But I did swim much longer on 2 occasions so feel I made up for it somewhat. i have swum 7km this month.

October challenge finished!

I just want to thank everyone for your support and encouragement. It has really spurred me on. I am in awe of all your achievements. xx
    So mega happy for you this month, your achievements are just AMAZING!!!! The weight loss, the exercise, the way you keep changing up your workouts and all with fybromyalgia! Such an inspiration! you should be so very proud of yourself! love ya x
This discussion has been closed.