Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    You shut your mouth, Katie! (My husband did that for me..)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Whoooooh I got nervous :wink:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    No worries, I understand your concern. :laugh:
  • csue1970
    csue1970 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to join too! I didn't know there was a thread for this sort of thing. I enjoy drinking and I need some help restraining and some accountability wouldn't hurt either. I don't drink every day, but on the weekends I've been known to 'forget" exactly how many drinks I had. I hope to improve on that. I want to have a good time, but not to the point where I feel awful the next day or make a fool of myself :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I want to have a good time, but not to the point where I feel awful the next day or make a fool of myself :)

I haven't figured out how to do that yet :tongue:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

whew, glad there was no alcohol neglect going on!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who has been drinking everyday?!?!? .... I've had a shot of something everyday ....sigh
  • amysj303
    Options
    I have been drinking everyday for a week at least.
  • kblue2007
    Options

whew, glad there was no alcohol neglect going on!

RIGHT Amy, totally frowned upon :laugh:
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Okay, I like this thread! I love my wine and margaritas and try hard to work with my calorie count to fit them in. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I've been on some meds, where only minimal alcohol is advised - knocks me for a loop too, so I don't need much. I will be following to see how you all work this out.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh I usually drink everyday too....monday I was too hungover and that is the only reason why I did not drink, teehee :bigsmile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    No alchohol until tomorrow :bigsmile:
    Friday night the usual and then a Pot Luck
    dinner with friends on Saturday.
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that I never came across this group before!!

Definitely a glass (or two) of wine a night girl - but I normally have the calories left over for it, so I don't feel bad.

I loved that someone else uses the 'saran wrap over the glass of wine and back in the fridge' tactic - my husband laughs at me for that!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I can't believe that I never came across this group before!

It's because we're stealth like that...

Actually, the one time someone came here and was all, "Have you ever thought about the underlying issues that you deal with through drinking? Maybe you should work on those..." and I got all Mama Bear on their *kitten*. I think we scare people away. :laugh:

There are weeks where I'll drink every day, and then some where I don't drink at all. It just depends.

But, more often than not, I drink.

I'm so looking forward to my wine tonight--in fact, I was going to take a rest day from working out, but I need the cals! :drinker:

Amy, did you do the Zombie Crawl last week?

Robin, where are you?
  • kblue2007
    Options
    DOTS got a new name, DOTS got a new name!!!!!!!! Decided to take the plunge, huh :happy:
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Think I'll stick to Scotch, seems less likely to add calories than a mixed drink would. Right? Am I fooling myself? If so, don't tell me. :-)
    11843964.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    So my whole not drinking until Friday plan just got totally derailed :ohwell:

A friend just invited us over tonight for his famous chili and I'm sure wine and beer will go along with that! This also means I will not do my planned workout tonight.

So I will definitely be working out the entire weekend....and possibly not drinking either Friday or Saturday, but too soon to tell:drinker:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Amy, did you do the Zombie Crawl last week?

No! I was actually all dressed up to volunteer at a formal event and saw all the zombies on 16th Street, missed my chance again!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    DOTS got a new name, DOTS got a new name!!!!!!!! Decided to take the plunge, huh :happy:

I did...it was time. :happy:

@Amy, my ex was going to take our 5 year old(the h#ll??...but the boy convinced the ex that he wanted to go to a bowling birthday party instead. My boy, FTW!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Robin, where are you?

I am right here, why do you ask? :bigsmile:

I think I will repeat last night again tonight. Not healthy but it was tasty. (see early post this morning on the previous page)