Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1 drink
    Monday=half a bottle of cabernet franc with three packs of fun size M&Ms yum.
    Probably have to finish the bottle off tonight with that pot roast I have in the crock pot right now!

Taking one for the team having to finish the bottle off. Way to sacrifice!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1 drink
    Monday=half a bottle of cabernet franc with three packs of fun size M&Ms yum.
    Probably have to finish the bottle off tonight with that pot roast I have in the crock pot right now!

Taking one for the team having to finish the bottle off. Way to sacrifice!
    Yes, I think I have said, there is alcohol abuse and there is alcohol neglect and I can't abide either.
    People who leave half-drank drinks, in restaurants, that they paid good money for, those people I don't understand:tongue:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    ....or a waiter who is overly eager to clear your glass before you've had a chance to get every last drop out of that cocktail. :tongue:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    what's your costume kat? a surprise? I am going as Amy Winehouse. I got a great black beehive wig and I am gonna have a bunch of tattoos drawn on.
    You should have gone to Fright Fest without the lame friends.
    I love Halloween too.

I found this amazing ghostly lady ball gown. It almost looks like a wedding dress but it's a bit tattered, old fashioned and fabulous. I got a white wig to go with it and I really wanted white out contacts but wasn't in the cards this year :ohwell: I'm going to get the right make up this Saturday before the party hopefully. Even without the contacts, I think it's still going to be fabulous for our party. I wanted something great this year since I not only am obsessed with Halloween but it's my boyfriends and my 8 year anniversary :smile:

In exercise news, I don't know what's been going on but I've been in a funk and haven't really worked out at all. So today I kicked my butt in gear and rode on mybstationary bike for an hour. Didn't push as hard as I know I can because I haven't had an appetite today so I've barely eaten and I don't like to push exercise on my body without the proper amount of fuel because it ends in me being dizzy and such. Still got rid of 640 cals, which since I've only had some crackers, laughing cow wedge, coffe and a sliver of pumpkin pie, puts me in the negative, so, wine! Haha I know,I know, not healthy but it's calories!
  • amysj303
    Options
    an hour on the bike sounds like a lot. There is this "interval" thing I do on the bike where I just pedal normally for 50 seconds, then 10 seconds I go as hard and fast as I can, and I do that for 15 minutes. It's a pretty good calorie burn for the time.
    Ghost lady costume sounds cool.
    I got the white out contacts a long time ago on a website called Wildeyes or wildeyez. I don't remember if I needed a prescription but I have one and I wear contacts. I would think they would bother you if you are not used to wearing any. They kind of make things blurry around the edges becauses my pupil is bigger than the pupil on the contact.
  • amysj303
    Options
    ....or a waiter who is overly eager to clear your glass before you've had a chance to get every last drop out of that cocktail. :tongue:
    better not...
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Amy..I keep waiting for a newbie poster to come in the lushes thread, see your avi and assume that's you after drinking too much!! :laugh:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options

Tequila makes me loco.:noway: I love it..but if I know I need to function the next day..I stay away from it.
    Me too. its the one liquor that always gets me and the hubs in trouble. We must plan carefully for it.

Catching up on the thread and after reading this ^ really makes me want to go to the Tequila tasting they are having here http://www.bonegardencantina.com/index.php on Saturday. The artwork they have in this place is awesome and the food very tasty. Wish my hubs liked tequila...he is more a Guiness and Murphy's guy :ohwell:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    No game tonight...............tomorrow night is a maybe because the weather in StL is supposed to turn.
    Tues - 0 lushiness.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Amy..I keep waiting for a newbie poster to come in the lushes thread, see your avi and assume that's you after drinking too much!! :laugh:
    they tried to make me go to rehab, I said no, no, no:laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    LOL at Amy's comment.

Last night was a really lovely Sauvignon Blanc and a little vodka night cap and so I was dehydrated for the competition weigh in this morning (Yay!)

I need something new. I feel like I have fallen into a vodka rocks rut. Any suggestions?
  • amysj303
    Options
    whiskey?
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    a982_bm.gif

:drinker: :smokin:
  • amysj303
    Options
    :laugh: well, it's not that complicated:wink:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread, hello my fellow drinkers:drinker:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Of the last 17 days, I drank one day. That was a great day.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Of the last 17 days, I drank one day. That was a great day.

^^^^^^^SO IMPRESSIVE!!!!!^^^^^^^^^ And HA I bet it was :wink:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-10oz of wine
    Wednesday-probably some more of the same!!!

I'm totally bummed....I was having issues with my HRM so I had to send it back now I can't get accurate calorie burns, so I have to watch what I drink :sad:
    :laugh:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    I'm totally bummed....I was having issues with my HRM so I had to send it back now I can't get accurate calorie burns, so I have to watch what I drink :sad:

Being bummed is reason to drink :laugh: Curious... what brand of HRM?
  • kblue2007
    Options

Being bummed is reason to drink :laugh: Curious... what brand of HRM?

Its a polar FT4, when I first go it was glorious, then I used it in the pool and the watch timer got all messed up!!!