Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options
I'm up and perusing the board, so I thought I'd start a thread for this month.

Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. We like it.
Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

It's October! Can you believe it? All the nummy fall and winter beers are gracing the shelves of the local liquor stores, and for those of you that are entering summer, it's the time of year for all the fruity cocktails. :drinker: However, many of us have been aiming to really cut down (thanks to Kim and her lovely comp and the new "Fly the World" comp that starts today) so we're here to support in every way we can.

Welcome to all the new lushes to the thread. We are all here to support.

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Oh, so last night we had a blow out with the neighbor...

Sunday=2
    Monday=1
    Tuesday=1
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=0
    Friday=2 vodka/red bulls; 2 shots of Tuaca; 2 (or 3...by then I lost track) shots of Three Olives Cake vodka. So 7.

However...11 for the week is WAY lower than my normal weeks, so I feel pretty good about it!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful!

I drank 2 nice beers (I usually only drink 55's) and 2 55's and 2 or 3 shots of vodka last night.
    I don't feel 100% but it's nothing I can't sweat out!

I'm part of the flying evil monkeys team to fly the world.....so - I'm off to burn some calories and get my head straight for the day!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Well, you know I love you, even though you're part of the competition!! My plan is a hike today with the neighbor and my little girl. I'm sure I'll end up carrying her most of the time (my daughter, not my neighbor, lol) so that should increase my calorie count. :laugh:
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Lushes! Happy October.

Monday - 4oz vodka,
    Tuesday - 0
    Wed - 40oz budlight,
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - 4oz Hedrick's Gin

I feel pretty good about my week so far. I went over my calories on Tues but not bc of alcohol and every other day I have been just under. I hope you both feel better after sweating a little. Remember to sip, sip, sip that water.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    October HOLY CRAP!!!!
    Got pretty drunk last night sitting on the couch......1 beer, 2 shots of Vo, and 1 BIG glass of wine.

More of the same today, we are going to a wedding and spending the night at the hotel....so we all know how that goes :wink:
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sipped away a bottle of wine last night, it was DEEEEEELICIOUS! Thinking of doing a "mostly sober October" - I would love to say I could go all month without my lovely wine, but I'd be setting myself up for failure lol.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy October lushes!

thanks for starting the thread Dot, I was sleeping off way too much wine last night. Otherwise I would have been up early and started it.

Back on the straight an narrow today.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    must.drink.water.

happy october everyone!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Afternoon fellow lushes. I see I posted last night. LOL Uh huh! I did not feel very well this morning. And, I had to go to the Art Center to work the front desk (volunteer). And it was my first day. Yeow. It wasn't too bad, but I will stay away from cocktails tonight. I'm found it rather interesting that I felt like **** this morning. Usually I would not have noticed......
    Sunday-Thursday: zero
    Friday: 5 tequila (1.5 oz full shot) and dt fresca
    Saturday: aiming for nothing
    Sunday: same

I'm toying with the idea of just cocktails on Saturday if I feel like it. We will see. (how long this lasts)
    Cheers!:drinker:
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    I guess I went to bed early last night! I just went back to the Sept page and read the posts from last night and it sounds like we all had a GREAT time.

sip.sip.sip. my friends, water that is and remember that advil will help.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I drank into October...........................so here I am on the correct thread.............
    Fri - 5 Oktoberfests
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had two really big glasses of Gazela Vihno Verde...nice and light :) Who knows what the rest of the weekend will bring?!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've made a mini-goal of no alcohol till my stag/stagette night! It's been SO HARD! FOr the past month and a half, I've had one small glass of white wine, and I'm the kind of person who likes to "share" a bottle with my fiance at dinner at least twice a week.

I live in Switzerland, the beer here is just so amazing! The stag/stagette night is in exactly a week (at Oktoberfest!). Wish me luck, I probably won't last 1 mass!

Good luck to you all! Enjoy!
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sat - 6 Rainiers
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I started october pretty well, was at a party at my sister's last night, we had pizza but I only had 1 glass of wine :noway: although that was mainly due to the fact I had a personal training session booked for 9am this morning, I've learned my lesson where trying to work out with a hangover is concerned. I've had a couple of glasses of cider tonight to compensate though.... hey can't be all good, that's no fun :laugh:
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    Yvone - nice job and good for you for the early Sun workout.

I have amazingly stayed dry last night and so far today. I have plans to run outside with Hubby tonight so there may be celebrations after.
  • vettermr
    Options
    Can I be part of this group? Alcohol has been the reason I've been over calories since the start of MFP and my life for that matter! I'm not sure if you guys are in a competition etc..but I'm game for anything! Some inspiration to say no to that third glass of wine will be great!
    Marie
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Hi Marie,
    We're just here to support each other, give each other drink recipes, and kick each others' as$ if we need to. Welcome!

I had one beer last night (Sam Adams pumpkin) with wings and some fries. My sister-wife and I took the kids on a 2.7 mile hike, so we earned it.

I had one Coors Light today...I've had a horrible headache since I woke up and I was thinking if it was dehydration, the beer to quickly rehydrate me so I didn't feel so barfy and I could drink water. Nope.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0

I drank too much wine Friday and vodka on Saturday that I just didn't want it yesterday. I know I will be good at least thru Wednesday. Then we shall see.
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sun - 3 beers
    1 shot of whiskey