Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Amy that was funny. I too know enough Spanish, German and French to get me in trouble. My friends from Germany introduced me to cheap red wine with diet coke. I kind of like it.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Need to weigh in tomorrow...yikes, I'm afraid
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Kat's new goal - fail.

Haven't had an appetite the last couple days and I had pretty much all my calories for the day left over so I figured why not have some wine haha 4 glasses, measured out though.

Not sure about tonight, I've only had 240 cals for the day and I'm simply not hungry and running around cleaning the house while listening to jazz. I know what we're having for dinner though and that will add at least some cals. So, hopefully no wine tonight but ya never know!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Went all day thinking I wasn't gonna have anyhting to drink tonight, but now suddenly as my day is drawing to a close I think I want one...maybe just a small glass :wink:

I don't currently have any calories remaining for the day BUT I'm gonna hit the gym after work so......I'm gonna need to use those calories up somehow right???!!!!!
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Hello survivors of the weekend! Welcome Marie to a great group!

Saturday and Sunday panned out to zero. I am striving for zero all week long until maybe Saturday. I did it last week til Friday (which didn't work out for Sat. morning) so I can do it again! I just try to keep myself busy with anything starting about 4 pm til 7, then I'm good! I noticed that I have been eating supper earlier too, and that helps.

I'm still pinching myself that I actually did not have any drinks for 7 days out of 8. I know I'm repeating myself, but it was an everyday thing, cocktail hour+ !

Have a good week everyone! :drinker:

Congratulations!
    I'm on day 2 for this week (Week started Monday). Tonight's plan is yoga at 7:00.
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    How happy I am to find you all, lol! Glad my food diary isn't the only one that has alcohol adding to the calorie count! :)

I made a special category for it. Didn't really count as a snack.....
    I'm glad I found this group too. I was thinking I was the only one that tried to mix diet / fitness with alcohol.
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined MFP today - imagine my relief when I see my "secret" weight loss fear laid bare - yes, I am worried about giving up my wine. Fellow lushes, I'm so glad you're out there!
  • rjadams
    Options
    How happy I am to find you all, lol! Glad my food diary isn't the only one that has alcohol adding to the calorie count! :)

I made a special category for it. Didn't really count as a snack.....
    I'm glad I found this group too. I was thinking I was the only one that tried to mix diet / fitness with alcohol.
    I have a catagory called desserts and alcohol for all my evil vices.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My category is called "Lushing it up" for my alcohol. :drinker:

I doubt I'll drink tonight...I've been eating everything in sight and I only have 17 calories left for the day. I need to hit the gym when the kids go to bed.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Mine is called "liquid therapy"
  • rjadams
    Options
    so I did an experiment last night. I didn't eat dinner and I had several large vodka rocks instead. I did this so my early morning weigh in for the competition would look good (dehydration!!!) it worked. the benefit is I am motivated to be good the rest of the week so I can keep losing. for some reason when I had a loss without the alcohol I felt like I deserved to drink and I started slacking the rest of the week. this way I am motivated. I am not sure I am making any sense. :noway:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sure does Robin :wink:

Mine is simly called Alcohol, haha!!! Nothing near as clever as anyone else's!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-12oz of wine
    Wednesday-probably wine......
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

Welcome all new lushes.

Checking in for October. I am trying to not drink during the week and save up for this weekend. Going up to Nashville with another couple to visit wineries in middle TN. Some reason when I think TN, I do NOT think wine, should be interesting. I am going to keep an open mind :tongue: . We will then party it up in Nashville visiting clubs. I have never been to Nashville and I can tolerate some country music. Think it is too early for the fall foliage though :ohwell:

Carry on!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....it sounds like a lot of people have similar goals this month as myself! I want to try to limit drinking to the weekends....we will see how this works! So far so good!

Mon- 0
    Tues- 0
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, good strategy and you MUST do whatever works for you...Lushes are unique in their thinking

My weight is up from the 4 days of birthday celebration. :cry:

My plan is to only drink if I have the calories allowance for it and to track all my food this weekend. I shouldn't be too bad since it's my work weekend. :grumble:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to Tokyo Joe's and it was Sushi Night and beers were a $1 when you bought sushi, so I couldn't turn down a $1 beer!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Last night I went to Tokyo Joe's and it was Sushi Night and beers were a $1 when you bought sushi, so I couldn't turn down a $1 beer!

Well s#$&...I couldn't give up 5 $1 beers :wink:
  • amysj303
    Options

Well s#$&...I couldn't give up 5 $1 beers :wink:
    I know, right? I guess I should have found out how many of these $1 beers one could have...
  • amysj303
    Options

Mine is called "liquid therapy"
    For those of you have a meal named for alcohol consumption, don't you just feel compelled to record something there? I think I would:tongue:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...