Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• harley_rose
    Options
    My next two days goals are 1 drink per night. I am planning my daughters baby shower at my house on Saturday feeling stress and I don't want to over do it on Friday . Need to look my best for my family on Saturday
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Harley, that's a good plan...you don't want that puffy, bloated feeling - or - tired eyes
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    I was good on Monday and Tuesday. Last night I had to pick up a few items at the store for spaghetti. I bought 2 bottles of yummy red wine cuz ya need it for the sauce....... I was only going to have a couple of glasses since it was open....... And I drank half of the first and then the second bottle.
    Dinner was wonderful though. LOL But I went way over my calorie limit.
    My goal was to cut my alcohol calories in half from last week. I can still do it though.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I had 2 vodka/red bulls last night, along with a beer. Meh, it helped my head!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 1 bottle of wine
    wed - 0
    thurs - will be 0! erm this turned into like 2 bottles of wine bla!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=7 drinks
    Monday=1 drink
    Tuesday=1 drink
    Wednesday=3 drinks

Tonight will probably split a bottle of wine for DH's birthday! and a yummy dinner at Cho Lan. Can't wait. I am kinda saving up my calories for it!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Saturday through Wednesday = 0
    Thursday will be 0 (I really do want a couple three, I reeeaally, reeeally do! Biz to take care of tomorrow a.m.)
    Planning 0 on Friday.
    Saturday, I may just cut loose. I'm just a'dreadin' it. LOL! :laugh:

Oh, it's been so long. Since last Friday.......an eternity. :wink:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    way to go Pam!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    So yeah. October is my month for no alcohol. But I had to amend my plan due to business conference; I'm just not gonna have a trip to a city (Portland) and not drink. Because drinking goes with eating out.

And I have a ticket to a wine tasting on Saturday. A great wine tasting. Epic in fact. $100 per person epic.

So Sunday will be the first day alcohol free for one month, ending November 11 Friday.

The Portland trip was great! Lots of wine. Oregon Pinot Noirs are the Bomb! I had a Bergstrom Old Stones 2009 that was spectacular.

But I'm now afraid to get near a scale for a couple of weeks at least.
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Assembling a dresser for my daughter baby shower
    4 vodka and diet cokes went over my limit by three , need to do better tonight, stayed under my calories intake though...not the healthy..
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday,0
    Thursday, 3 Pom vodka

Total: 3

Goal: <12

I work this weekend so I should be good.
  • rjadams
    Options
    solpwr - love the orgeon pinot noirs. :heart: yum!

okay so
    Sunday-0
    Monday 0
    Tuesday -nuff said before :blushing:
    Wednesday 0
    Thursday 0
    Friday - not sure. Going to a haunted maze tonight . It will probably be raining and it will probably be more fun if I have a few drinks in me. :drinker: But we will see.

Kim good job so far this week. :drinker:
    harley - some assembly required always requires alcohol.:wink:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I was a good girl last night. Was toying around with having a beer, but I ate like **** yesterday and barely got any exercise in, so I didn't. I really should be grading papers and getting my grades in...first quarter down!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    First Quarter is already done? wow, that is something! My life is no longer divided in quarters! Also, I miss Winter Break, Spring Break and Summer Break!
    Last night was dinner out and I met DH for a beer then we went to dinner and split a bottle of tempranillo. It was so good! The waitress said we got the last bottle. We did not get the last butternut squash soup, though! sounded good. but the rest of the dinner was amazing. So, how do we count a half bottle? Is that two drinks or 2.5?
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have found my mother land!! Hello ladies! Hope you will take me under your wing(s) :flowerforyou:

I have found that dieting is easy, cutting back on my drinking is so fn hard!! My husband owns an anheuser busch distributorship so alcohol is our lives literally. I have 3 girls under that age of 5 so I really look forward to drinking my uv blue at night. I don't drink beer very often because I can drink a crap ton of it. I could go on and on. But hey, I didn't drink last night and I actually work the next 3 nights 7 p.m.-7:30 a.m. so that makes it impossible to drink!! Hoping the scale shows an improvement monday to give me some more motivation to not drink so much :drinker: Have a great weekend!!
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Sun - way too many
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - way too much
    Thurs - 0
    Fri - not sure, depends on how many calories I have left.....
    TGIF everyone!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's nice to see new faces. I've been very lushy this week.

Mon - 2 gin, 4 whiskey,
    Tues - 1 blue moon pumkin ale (that stuff is the bomb!) I heard Kim and Dot talking it up a couple of weeks ago and wouldn't you know, it magically appeared in the fridge when I got home from work. My hubby is a magician ;)
    Wed - 2 pumkin ale and 2 sam adams - we went to the beach, nuff said.
    Thurs - dry, I really needed it.

Monday is our wedding anniversary and we are going out of town next weekend so I am going to try my hardest to eat and drink clean for the week. Yes, we were married on Canadian Thanksgiving bc then the Canadians had an extra day off to come and party in New Orleans!

Hubby and I talked last night and we both agree it's not the going off track and drinking too much 1 or 2 days that gets us, it's the feeling like crap, eating crap, and therefor not exercising and continuing to drink for the rest of the week that gets us. So goal is to get back to being good right away after an indulgence day or weekend.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies...you have found your home!

Yep, we started the 2nd week of August, so it's been 9 weeks. Fall break is the week after next. Whoo-hoo!

Amy, I would count a 1/2 bottle as 2...but I pour big.

SarahMary, that's awesome that you got married on Canadian Thanksgiving...I know a ton of people that get married on holidays so they already have time off.
  • rjadams
    Options
    acording to most sources a bottle contain a touch over 5 glasses of wine so I would count 2.5 glasses or 12.5 ounces.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Soo very proud of myself :)

Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
    Thursday 0

Friday- dinner with the girls so I'm sure some wine will be involved, already tracked it tho to make sure it fits in
    Saturday- housewarming bonfire....so definitely some beer and chili

Sunday-Thursday 0 is the plan :) We will see how this goes!