Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I cannot even begin to calculate drinks for last week, nor do I want to...

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Goal: < 15 drinks
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marie!

Dot - I hope you feel better. Sometimes for me, a diet coke will help get rid of a headache, even a hangover headache. The caffine is good and the sweet bubbles make my mouth happy.

I had a very sober weekend (shocking!). Just a little Gin on Fri, and dry Sat and Sun. I have no idea what the week will hold. Laying in bed last night, we realized our wedding anniversary is next Monday. 2 years! We have a trip planned to San Antonio next weekend so I think I will try my best to be good until then. I have a feeling it will be a drink and calorie BLOW OUT!

Have a great week everyone.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    SarahMary...I even took the kids to McDonald's for lunch so I could get a diet coke! Didn't work. I think I had a weird reaction to some meds I took the night before for me knee, because the headache is still here.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello survivors of the weekend! Welcome Marie to a great group!

Saturday and Sunday panned out to zero. I am striving for zero all week long until maybe Saturday. I did it last week til Friday (which didn't work out for Sat. morning) so I can do it again! I just try to keep myself busy with anything starting about 4 pm til 7, then I'm good! I noticed that I have been eating supper earlier too, and that helps.

I'm still pinching myself that I actually did not have any drinks for 7 days out of 8. I know I'm repeating myself, but it was an everyday thing, cocktail hour+ !

Have a good week everyone! :drinker:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wow what a weekend! Well, I guess - what a last week......I drank every night for 11 nights in a week. Not quite sure what the deal was. I haven't done that since vacation - time for a break.

I'll be "good" this week - saving it up for Friday, and since there is no special occasion - I'll try for >5 each night (friday, sat. and sun)

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yikes, I haven't been her for awhile to post the amazing:
    Wednesday=0 drinks
    Thursday=0 drinks
    Friday=0 drinks
    Saturday=0 drinks
    but I got really sick after returning from Spain and didn't really want anything to drink.
    But Sunday=7 drinks, I had two bloody marys and five bud lights.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... still drink free but getting a little bored! I'm going camping this weekend though so party on:drinker: We are gonna paintball while we are there and i can't frickin' wait:bigsmile: I get such a sick joy outta shooting my family:devil:

Amy, what is the Fly the World challenge? I think I may be a challenge junky. I'm in 4 of them right now and always looking for more. Anything to keep me motivated right:ohwell: :tongue:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Woah, lushy past few days. New goal is nothing until Fridays even though I love having a drink or a few while watching my shows. Going to get back to my gallon of water too. Can't believe it's already October, my favorite month =] today is a beautiful fall day outside so it calls for some nice warm tea and cuddling under the covers with the fur babies.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Great job (other) Amy...sorry you were sick, though!

Kasi, the Fly the World is where each calorie counts as x miles in an airplane and the goal is to fly around the world. Lee (the dude that runs it) sets up this awesome Google map where he tracks how far we've gone.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Had a ridiculously lushy weekend....and definitely feeling it today big time!

The goal for the week is to not drink till at least Friday....we will see how this goes :tongue:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Like most of my weekends alcohol is part of it.
    I try to cut down but when the weekend comes
    I never make it through. I also have a family
    (my husbands) who drink more than I do.

Friday 0
    Saturday 2 light beers
    Sunday Bailey's in my coffee (mmm)
    1 - bloody caesar
    1-light beer

The only reason I didn't drink on Friday because my girlfriend had
    knee replacement surgery and can't drink for two weeks after surgery.
    I didn't want to mean and drink in front of her.:wink:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 0
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    One tonight. A big one.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    whoops

mon - 0
    tues - not sure yet :ohwell:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0
    Monday 0

Tuesday should be 0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=1 good-sized margarita

Tonight I might not drink, my aunt is coming over...
    Oh, I have a funny story for the lushes, I was remembering, in Spain Madrid has a drink that is red wine and coke and I wanted to try it, and I thought that is what I was ordering when I saw "copachito" on the menu. And the waiter, he asks me in Spanish "what kind?" and I said "no say" (I don't know) and he gives me a strange look and says, ok, I will bring you something I think you will like. So he brings me a shot of Bailey's irish cream and I realize I just ordered "a shot" not a calimoto (wine mixed with coke) and when he asked me what kind of shot I wanted I told him I didn't know. :laugh:
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I usually have a few glasses of wine during the week but since starting back on mfp about a month ago I made a rule of no alcohol during the week...it has worked pretty well...but then I go crazy on the weekends...lol
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Amy - hehehe, that made me laugh.

Well, I was annoyed yesterday dealing with banks, universities, mortgages, and customer service. Then Hubby came home and he was annoyed with work so it was ON last night.

Mon - 2 Hendrick's Gin and 4 Crown and Diet (6 total) - which is a lot for a Monday night. I am very glad that my schedule changed and I am only doing an evening class tonight from 630-920. I may need to take a nap. ;)

I feel really bad for Hubby bc he drinks more than me and was seriously chinese eye'd when we went to bed. He's gone to work already in good spirits but saying he was already craving junk food. At least it's his Friday.
  • crutchgirl
    Options
    How happy I am to find you all, lol! Glad my food diary isn't the only one that has alcohol adding to the calorie count! :)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Monday! I didn't drink - I feel pretty darn good this morning..other than I think I'm getting a cold, boo!

Aiming for no drinks till Friday - and I might hold off on Sunday too - we'll see, I have to go to Jackpot on Tuesday/Wednesday - so there will be plenty of drinking - although it's a work thing, so I can't get too out of control lol.