Like Minded Lushes-October 2011

Options

Replies

• harley_rose
    Options
    Still sticking to it as well
    Monday 0
    Tuesday hope for 0 (made a boat load of chores to do so I don't sit down and drink)

Good job...Brush your teeth at 8P knowing that the toothpaste will off-set the fine taste of liquor :bigsmile:

I did good for two days but really want a drink tonight... I have to do HIIT training tonight so maybe it will stop me.. I don't know though. Food day at work and nothing working, plus I have to pull teeth to hear from my Boytoy... I just want one :angry:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread, hello my fellow drinkers:drinker:
    well your avi fits right in!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm totally bummed....I was having issues with my HRM so I had to send it back now I can't get accurate calorie burns, so I have to watch what I drink :sad:
    :laugh:

Being bummed is reason to drink :laugh: Curious... what brand of HRM?

Its a polar FT4, when I first go it was glorious, then I used it in the pool and the watch timer got all messed up!!!
    That's what I had and the husband stole it from me. :grumble: I've got it on my list for Xmas...and was planning on the same brand. Other recommendations out there from anyone?
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm totally bummed....I was having issues with my HRM so I had to send it back now I can't get accurate calorie burns, so I have to watch what I drink :sad:
    :laugh:

Being bummed is reason to drink :laugh: Curious... what brand of HRM?

Its a polar FT4, when I first go it was glorious, then I used it in the pool and the watch timer got all messed up!!!
    That's what I had and the husband stole it from me. :grumble: I've got it on my list for Xmas...and was planning on the same brand. Other recommendations out there from anyone?

Get the FT40 unless you're a cyclist or a runner. There are better ones for that. The 40 (and the FT60) has a "Fitness Test" feature. In my mind its a really cool feature. In my signature line, my VO2max is 50. That's actually the result of doing that test. In the spring that was 38, now its 50. For my age and gender, it puts me in the "Elite" fitness category.

I'm kind of a big deal. :wink:

Seriously, the 40 is $120. It even has some other cool features as far as helping you plan your cardio workouts to increase fitness, I think its worth the added $$$.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    LOL solpwr..you *are* a big deal!! :bigsmile:
    thanks for the tip. The one feature I'm interested in is using it in the pool, since I'm a swimmer.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 not sure about if it can used in a pool. There is a disclaimer that says 'The consistency of sea water, or chemicals used in a swimming pool may impact the ECG signal reception and to see the user manual for more information on swimming with your product." so I assume it is waterproof.

I have not had any problems with mine and I have had it for two years. I recently changed the battery in the watch and transmitter and it works like a charm.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    LOL solpwr..you *are* a big deal!! :bigsmile:
    thanks for the tip. The one feature I'm interested in is using it in the pool, since I'm a swimmer.

Mine is water resistant but I did tend to lose the signal while I was swimming...guess the link kept moving away from my body......and my dumb butt hit buttons on the watch while in the water and apparently that is a NO NO.....I learned after the fact!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll see what Santa ends up bringing me. I know I've been a good girl..so I'm sure it'll be great. :wink:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0

My gf called to see if wanted to go out for drinks tonight and I acutally declined. I worked a 12 hour day and have another tomorrow. It's just a long, long day!!!

Maybe tomorrow....

Ms. Harley, I always get the urge on Day 3!! It's such a pattern for me....
  • goobergop
    goobergop Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So basically..fri sat and Sunday vodka is a main staple for me....but I workout and cleanse during the week....sometimes ;)
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wed - 1 pitcher beer. Game tonight so more probably..........
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

My daughter told that I went three I can do one more day... I am going to do it for my Challenge partner and my daughter... and the most important person myself.. Thursday will be a big fat 0 as well.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Well done Harley. Well done Kim. So Cal I like my FT7.

So no vodka rocks last night. I started with a pumpkin ale and whipped cream vodka. Then I drank some Bacardi Select on the rocks. I ate fried chicken and potato salad and cheese and crackers. Basically just came completely unglued yesterday.

At least today is another day.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    So far sticking to the plan

Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- 0 (really wanted wine last night too)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    2oz shot of pear vodka and BIG glass of wine, normally these things fit into my calories for the day but this week has been really off for me....gotta get my head in the game, I am so close to my goal!!!! Plus, without my HRM I'm not sure how many calories I'm actually burning....Katie, no likey!!!!!

xoxo
  • jjolson70
    Options
    Can I join? I am usually at or under calories, but I love me some wine just about every night. I stopped drinking the ready made 'ritas, so I figure that's a victory. I had three glasses of Chianti last night, so I'm going to drink extra water today, but no hangover. I can't figure out if that's a good thing.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1 drink
    Monday=half a bottle of wine
    Tuesday=other half of the bottle
    Wednesday=4 beers
    Thursday=?
    not sure. Certainly not a sober week for me...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Anyone can join! Welcome!

After my lushy Fall Break, I had a 2 day break while I was at Outdoor Ed...and then I celebrated the fact that it was over last night with a big glass of moscato. :laugh: I poured myself another glass, but fell asleep before I could drink it.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Anyone can join! Welcome!

After my lushy Fall Break, I had a 2 day break while I was at Outdoor Ed...and then I celebrated the fact that it was over last night with a big glass of moscato. :laugh: I poured myself another glass, but fell asleep before I could drink it.

Ummm what happened to the wine......it didn't get wasted did it AMY!!!!!!!!! :huh: I totally would have put saran wrap over and stuck in the fridge until ready to be drank :laugh:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Last night I was way under on calories... and I was looking around for something to eat... and the thought crossed my mind to have a beer instead of something to eat... resolve weakening... I ate some tortilla chips. No alcohol till Saturday; sticking to my plan.