HOT MOMS (Closed Group) - 7/18 to 12/31

Options

Replies

• mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Where oh where is everyone? It is like we all just poof! disappeared. I am glad a few are hanging in their. I hope you all are well. If you have been struggling, remember each day is fresh and you can choose if it will we successful or not. We can do this!!! I am happy to report that my son made gooey oatmeal bars yesterday with my help and I have not eaten one. Also, the Halloween candy looks absolutely nonappealing. Yeah!!! I have to remember this feeling when I want to stuff my face with it all when it looks good.
    I made a goal this week to workout each day regardless of business. Two days done-whew. Legs and arms a little sore and tired. That's good right? Have a great day. Oh, will try to weigh in tomorrow. When I get up in the morning to get ready for practice, our house is freezing!!! I just want to get sweats on and forget the in the buff weigh in in the cold bathroom:) Making good food choices though!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I was amazed to find after a weekend of my mothers fat laden cooking that I weighed in at 137.5 which is half a pound above my target!!

Doh! Obviously having a funny day yesterday 9st12.5 is not 137.5lbs its 138.5lbs. Still good but didn't meet my target :sad:
  • mussmom
    Options
    Weighed in at 178.0 today. i think that is a .2 loss. I don't know anymore. Anyone heard from Helen???
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Weigh in for group 1

Med79 255
    rkoontz 214.5
  • joimichele
    Options
    Group 9
    Joimichele 119.5
    Dc_amaryllis 115
    Swimmom 121
    Leigh_b 132

Special Congratulations to dc_amaryllis for reaching her goal!!!! Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Group 4
    Weight: 159.5

No change in weight this week because Doc will not let me exercise because of my knee until I see him tomorrow. I have an MRI scheduled for tonight, so I pray everything looks well.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - Wooo...crazy, busy week!! Weigh in for this week is 146.2, which is a 1 pound loss for the week. Not too bad considering I kinda took last weekend off. We had a blast going out with friends Saturday night to a club for an adult Halloween party. Our 80's heavy metal rocker costumes turned out great and we had a blast!! We even went out to dinner in full costume!! I'll have to add a picture to my photos on here. I drank too much Saturday night, and then on Sunday, drank some more and ate hot wings, etc. while watching football. But I was good on Halloween...no cocktails and no candy. I have actually surprised myself with the candy in the house...I haven't really wanted any of it. I think I have only had 2 small Tootsie Rolls all week. I survived the week of TOM, which is really throwing me off, since it is not regular anymore. I hadn't had it in 6 weeks, so I think it was building up to hit me extra hard...lol. In addition to TOM kicking my butt, I have not felt good this week...had a cold which turned into a sinus infection, so haven't been running, since I can't breathe. But not feeling well lead to a few days of not really eating much more than soup, so that had a good impact on the diet, I guess. I am planning to run a 5K on Sunday, and need to fit in a little longer run sometime this weekend, and then rest up for my half on 11/13. I am not really feeling prepared, but also not stressing...I know I can finish it, and it is along a nice flat, scenic route along the beach...it's all good. I will just take my time and enjoy the moment...for 13.1 miles...lol!! Hope everyone else had a good week and has plans for a fabulous weekend!!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Grrr.....the scale is stuck at 255... I know it's from stress so I can't wait till I leave tomorrow for a much needed vacation with my hubby. My goal will be to maintain my weight while out of town and then push through this blah attitude and get the scale moving again. I hope you all have a great week!
    smooched Marie
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hey! So, Thanksgiving is my fave holiday! Anybody want to share their menu? I want to do something new this year. Does anyone have a eating technique for the holidays so we don't over eat?
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sorry to have missed weigh ins! Not that it matters, since my number didn't change. Same as last week. I just can't get past this number on the scale!

I have decided to reevaluate weighing (and even measuring) myself, since the lack of change in those numbers has been discouraging, even though I know they're only one part of a much bigger picture. I need to stop referring to those numbers at all for a little while, and focus 100% on other signs of progress - getting stronger, running longer and faster, going farther in stretches, having more energy, etc.

I did commit to a weekly weigh in for this group, so I will still do that, of course. :smile: I just can't let it be something that matters to me if all other signs are that I'm doing well.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So for this week, no change, still at 160. But that is OK, because for the first time in a while, I didn't gain during Halloween week with all the candy in the house! :)

Now, to get out of the 160s this week!!!

Jen
  • mussmom
    Options
    Gosh, where are all of our HOT MOMS? I dearly miss Helen's chart, but know she is extremely busy, and me too dumb to figure out how to do a fancy chart like that. :( It seems like we all just decided not to post. Is it because we are not staying accountable and are afraid to post that? Or, is it that we are so busy that we don't have time to weigh? If that is our excuses, then we need to quit!!! We made a commitment to this challenge!!!! So let's get with it!!!
    If your aren't doing well, post it-maybe be can encourage and help you out of your funk. If you say you are too busy-bah!! just check in and say "hi" and state a success for the day. We are working hard, we have to celebrate with one another!!! What about it girls? This is a tough time for all-we need the support so we don't have several days of overindulgence during this Holiday season. So, with my pep talk done-I am going to enjoy the first snow of the year with 1/2 cup organic 1% milk, 1TBS Peppermint syrup and coffee! Have a great week, set two specific goals and DO IT!!!! You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I have not had time to post. My house is a mess because I've been too busy to keep up! Hopefully this next week will be a little quieter and I can focus on what I need to. My goals are to get my eight glasses of water daily and 30 min exercise daily.

Keep workin it!!
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day food wise yesterday, i just couldn't resist the gingerbread latte thats back in starbucks and the muffin to go with it. Was so over calories yesterday even with exercise. But it was good! Will have to resist next time. Last week i had lost 2.6 lbs, but i doubt i've lost any this week, i hope i don't gain! Been managing to exercise every day and drink 8 glasses at least a day. Hope others are doing well and managing to resist the christmassy treats in the shops!
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Hello Hot Moms!

I'm still here too! October was CRAZY busy. I was stressed, I overate, I gained weight, I didn't want to do MFP anymore, and I'm sure I was the only one, right? :sad: I was SO glad to see recent posts from some moms (kripley1229! and mussmom!), and I'm ready to try again. PLUS, it looks like November will be much more relaxed, so I should be around more often.

I was going to post the weekly chart, but that seemed kinda ridiculous since we're already getting new weigh-ins, and many will weigh-in tomorrow. So instead, I put together a progress chart of the last 15 weeks. These numbers include the cumulative losses of the 32 members who checked in last week. These members are: AmberE0486, andreasperry, ashleystetzer, Babbe, badbrat2005, bubblesburst80, Cherilea, Collinsky, dc_amaryllis, debnu1, Erykah3584, joimichele, koeniginhla, kripley1229, Leigh_b, lildevil968, mamaDaisyJ, med79, momwithacamera, mrsjohnson75, MrsWibbly, mussmom, nlsalvatore, renaegry, rkoontz, sailingsal, Shyloh01, sugarlovebug, Swimgoddess, swimmom2, tamcrit, themommie.

And now.....the progress chart!

I45k9.png

We had some BIG numbers in there (32.2 lbs lost in week 1, 38 lbs!!! lost in week 6), and the numbers have gone up and down in the past 15 weeks. There's a definite downward trend since mid-October, leading us to have one of the lowest weight-loss weeks yet in the challenge. It's time to step it up!

After tomorrow's weigh-in, there will only be SEVEN WEIGH-INS LEFT! There are only 55 DAYS LEFT in 2011. Let's make each and every day count. When you reach for a treat, or when you're debating whether or not to exercise that day, take a minute and think, "Will this help me reach my goal? Or will it sabotage my efforts?" Remember your goals every moment of every day, make better choices, and let's reach our goals together!

Thanks, Hot Moms, for getting me back on track. We can end this year much fitter/leaner/stronger/healthier than we were in mid-July when we started this challenge.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks Helen, had a rough weekend so will see how it really went when I weigh in tomorrow - then I really need to get back to working out properly. It makes all the difference to me, not just in terms of weight loss but also mentally.
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I usually weight in on Fridays but completely forgot this week. This weekend has been hard because my daughter has been getting huge hives all over her body. I am taking her to the doctors tom. I am felling much better this week so I plan to hit the gym at least 2x this week and do some EA Sports this week too. I will try to weigh in tomorrow. Sarah
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Only 55 days left!!! My how time flies when the scale isn't moving! I thought running a 1/2 marathon would have given me the push I needed to actually lose some decent weight... but unfortunately, the needle didn't budge! Part of the issue was that just when the serious training kicked in, I aggrevated my old neck injury doing push-ups :huh: and was afraid to push myself too hard beyond running for fear of my neck getting worse and me not being able to do any training and/or working out at all. The closer I got to the big day, the less working out I was actually doing because the long runs were taking a lot out of me and I needed 3-4 days to recover before being able to run again. I was also eating to fuel these long runs so was not being over conservative with my calorie intake. I was afraid of getting 6 miles from home and not having enough energy to get back :ohwell: Completing the 1/2 marathon was amazing... a very tangible accomplishment and something I will definitely do again in the spring... but it took me a good week to recover... and then I ran a 10K a few weeks later, and don't think I was entirely ready for it... my left calf has been cramping on and off ever since. I'd been trying to continue to run every few days, but just as it seemed to be feeling better, I'd go running and I would be right back to where I had been a few days earlier... often in so much pain I was limping just to walk. I got on the treadmill last Wednesday and after 2.5 miles could barely walk my leg hurt so much... which is when I realized that I probably need to give myself a decent break from running and let it heal before trying to run again. I haven't worked out at all since Wednesday and have decided to give Jillian's Yoga Meltdown a try this week... I've had it for a few months now, but haven't done it yet. I'm thinking this might be a good way to get a workout without putting too much stress on my leg. I will go to the gym on Thursday evening and give the elliptical a try.... hopefully by then my leg will be back to normal... wish me luck... I need it!
  • rkoontz
    Options
    So good to see everyone giving pep talks, and encouraging all of us in this group.

I am up this morning (219.5) and it is due to, is the saying " feed a cold and starve a fever", at least I hope that is it because I have a major cold and all I wanted to do yesterday was eat and that is exactly what I did. Saturday I just wanted to sleep and did a good bit of that. I guess you could say I am feeling some better this morning. Would rather lay back down, but am fighting to stay up. I got my kitchen cleaned up from breakfast and still need to strip the bed and get the sheets changed.

My goals for this week: At least 30 minutes on my treadmill, 8 - 8oz glasses of water, and logging what I eat and do on MFP.

Off to get on my treadmill right now. Still drinking my cup of coffee so will get to water once it is gone.

Hope you all have a great week.
  • mussmom
    Options
    Woo hoo! So glad to see you all coming back and checking in. Crazy. Injuries, sickness, and hives. Ouch, hope she is better Sarah. I made my goal this week to get some form of exercise in, adding to that, I am going to walk the hall with an overweight coworker who walked today while she had lunch duty watching our students. So glad that she chose to do that instead of standing. Also happy she will let me join her;). So, not so great choices eating the last two days, and my weigh in was up a pound. Grrr...serves me right. I decided I will have to be religious about eating clean and staying within calories to hit my goal. I am questioning if I am able to. This "almost at, or at, or plattuae(how the he'll do you spell that?) thing is hard!
    So anyway, no excuses right? I am so very happy that we have checked in, I really think it will help. My goals for tomorrow are to drink 10 cups of water, exercise in the am, and pack my lunch and a dinner for tomorrow. I have a game and won't be home till 8:30 or so. Bah. 12 hour day? That's nothin. Ugh...night!