Anyone running a race this month?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5K this morning. 22 mins 38 secs. Thinking about a 10K on Dec 3rd.
    Great run!! Really good time, I think you should go for it on the 10K
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Did a 4 miler yesterday - my longest race thus far. 45:27. The hardest part seems to be getting the "I can't do this!" part of my mind to shut up and let my body do its thing. I just kept telling myself I could walk if I needed to, after certain specific places, like "after 2 miles," then at 2 miles I told myself, "I can walk at three miles if I need to." Then at 3 miles, "I can walk after that jog in the road, if I need to." Then I could see the finish and realized I really could run the whole thing. AND then I had some left for a kick at the end. Love the confidence boost that comes from doing something you didn't think you ever could...
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    have 2 weeks to get ready for my next 5k on thanksgiving... So excited!
  • BroDave
    Options
    Love the confidence boost that comes from doing something you didn't think you ever could...
    That is a great statement!!! I will use it sometime.
    Congrats on your longest run to date. Good job!!!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Love the confidence boost that comes from doing something you didn't think you ever could...
    That is a great statement!!! I will use it sometime.
    Congrats on your longest run to date. Good job!!!

Thanks!!!

And thanks for starting and staying on top of this thread! It's great to have another place to celebrate our successes!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    5k this past Saturday and I have a new PR: 35:19, soo close to my goal of being under 35min! And I ran the whole time, no walking breaks, YAY!!!

No more races for me til next year as of right now unless funds come our way.

Keep up the amazing jobs everyone!
  • BroDave
    Options
    5k this past Saturday and I have a new PR: 35:19, soo close to my goal of being under 35min! And I ran the whole time, no walking breaks, YAY!!!

Good job on your 5K keep working at it and you will break that 35min mark.
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am running my first road race ever on thanksgiving, a turkey trot...4.4 miles eek!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

The nice thing about running is that you don't need an official race to keep challenging yourself. Keep working on that 5K and your PR. When you do have funds for a race, you'll be more than ready!
  • SueInAz
    Options
    I am running my first road race ever on thanksgiving, a turkey trot...4.4 miles eek!
    I am doing one of those, too, although I think ours is just 5K. It's one way to make room for that piece of pumpkin pie after dinner!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

The nice thing about running is that you don't need an official race to keep challenging yourself. Keep working on that 5K and your PR. When you do have funds for a race, you'll be more than ready!

Oh, I didn't mean that I'm not running anymore, I just don't have any more races that I'm registered for, well, not til March anyway. I'm currently halfway through my half marathon training actually :)
  • SueInAz
    Options

Oh, I didn't mean that I'm not running anymore, I just don't have any more races that I'm registered for, well, not til March anyway. I'm currently halfway through my half marathon training actually :)
    And I didn't mean to imply that you were going to stop running, just that you can keep challenging yourself to beat your 5K time while you do training runs. :happy: It's one of the things that keeps me going when I run alone.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I am doing one of those, too, although I think ours is just 5K. It's one way to make room for that piece of pumpkin pie after dinner!

I tried to sign up for the one near me (a 5k) a week ago, and it was already full. The capacity was 1,400. Crazy! It seems like every other person in this town runs, so it doesn't really surprise me.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I just registered for a Thanksgiving day 10k.
  • BroDave
    Options
    I just registered for a Thanksgiving day 10k.
    Good luck with your run. The longest race I could find on Thanksgiving day was a 5K