countdown to christmas challenge continued...

Options

Replies

• fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I weighed myself about 10x and each time other showed a different weight...so I just averaged them :)
    I think i'll try to run for 50 minutes and so the lunges, dips; can't eat salad because we are going out for dinner.
    Wonderful job this week! xx
  • andreaie
    andreaie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    here goes guys.................
    this week we are gonna spice things up a bit... i'm splitting you into 2 groups..
    FIND YOUR GROUP AND MAKE THEM PROUD TO BE APART OF YOUR TEAM... EACH TEAM HAS A MIX OF PEOPLE THAT LOSE BIG NUMBERS AND AVERAGE NUMBERS JUST TO KEEP IT FAIR... I WANT EACH GROUP TO AIM FOR 1 POUND PER PERSON,,, HOW YOU DO THIS IS UP TO EACH INDIVIDUAL THE LEADERS ARE HERE TO SET US A MAIN CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK TO HELP US LOSE THIS POUND.... GUYS YOU ALL KNOW A LB IS NOT A LOT AND IM SURE YOU WILL ALL DO MORE THAN THAT.... just remember your working in a group this week so you have to be accountable...

Leaders i hope your ok with been leaders and if your not just let me know ill pick another person.. i know life is busy and some people wont have time to do this .. have a long hard think about your challenge and be as competitive as you like and can... you can set it tomorrow.. put the challenges up on the thread and make sure to add the people in your group as your friend... there are a few names on the list that havent logged there weight in a while so if they dont get in touch by next week we will take them off it... the person with the best loss next week from each team will be the leaders for the following challenge...

hope this is ok guys i just think if we have a bit of competition we will want to do better :)

A xxx

TEAM RUDOLF
    LEADER:MONKEY MOO_MOO

ANDREA ////
    LISAB1969
    HEIDI1987
    ASIL76
    SSANSAVER
    KENNY1957
    ABAZOODAY727
    PATSYANNE
    STATCH
    DOREEN
    APPLECHILD
    GRRRRFACE

TEAM DASHER: LEADER CHARLENE_91
    CHERRYPOP1
    MRSVAGUS
    LOVELAUGHMUSIC9
    EFCDCDB
    PINKAKIRA1
    RMDIAZ
    BIGGIRL 1000
    TERRI74
    IYOHNAKP
    SELLY 7749
    ZIPPYDEEDO
    MANDAMAY11
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    this week we are gonna spice things up a bit... i'm splitting you into 2 groups..
    FIND YOUR GROUP AND MAKE THEM PROUD TO BE APART OF YOUR TEAM... EACH TEAM HAS A MIX OF PEOPLE THAT LOSE BIG NUMBERS AND AVERAGE NUMBERS JUST TO KEEP IT FAIR... I WANT EACH GROUP TO AIM FOR 1 POUND PER PERSON,,, HOW YOU DO THIS IS UP TO EACH INDIVIDUAL THE LEADERS ARE HERE TO SET US A MAIN CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK TO HELP US LOSE THIS POUND.... GUYS YOU ALL KNOW A LB IS NOT A LOT AND IM SURE YOU WILL ALL DO MORE THAN THAT.... just remember your working in a group this week so you have to be accountable...

Leaders i hope your ok with been leaders and if your not just let me know ill pick another person.. i know life is busy and some people wont have time to do this .. have a long hard think about your challenge and be as competitive as you like and can... you can set it tomorrow.. put the challenges up on the thread and make sure to add the people in your group as your friend... there are a few names on the list that havent logged there weight in a while so if they dont get in touch by next week we will take them off it... the person with the best loss next week from each team will be the leaders for the following challenge...

hope this is ok guys i just think if we have a bit of competition we will want to do better :)

A xxx

TEAM RUDOLF

ANDREA ////
    LISAB1969
    HEIDI1987
    ASIL76
    SSANSAVER
    KENNY1957
    ABAZOODAY727
    PATSYANNE
    STATCH
    DOREEN
    APPLECHILD
    GRRRRFACE

CHERRYPOP1
    MRSVAGUS
    LOVELAUGHMUSIC9
    EFCDCDB
    PINKAKIRA1
    RMDIAZ
    BIGGIRL 1000
    TERRI74
    IYOHNAKP
    SELLY 7749
    ZIPPYDEEDO
    MANDAMAY11

Oh man this is going to be so much fun! What a great idea Andrea! I am so excited hehehe!
  • rmdiaz1
    rmdiaz1 Posts: 56
    Options

A xxx

TEAM RUDOLF

ANDREA ////
    LISAB1969
    HEIDI1987
    ASIL76
    SSANSAVER
    KENNY1957
    ABAZOODAY727
    PATSYANNE
    STATCH
    DOREEN
    APPLECHILD
    GRRRRFACE

CHERRYPOP1
    MRSVAGUS
    LOVELAUGHMUSIC9
    EFCDCDB
    PINKAKIRA1
    RMDIAZ
    BIGGIRL 1000
    TERRI74
    IYOHNAKP
    SELLY 7749
    ZIPPYDEEDO
    MANDAMAY11

I agree! This is going to be awesome!! Can't wait to see what the challenge is from the captains.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This week is going to be interesting! :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Ok team rudolf we have to win this as its my birthday on friday and finding we win will be one of the best pressies you can give me :D

Ok so the challenge this week for us is this:

Do at least 20 minutes of cardio a day and make sure it is something that really gets your heart rate up like running, fast walking, dance anything you want just get those calories burning!!!

I also want you to focus on your carbs a lot this week i say we have a low carb week, obviously as low as you can don't stress if you have to have a piece or bread or something i dont want you all starving! lol and then i want everyone to have at least 1 low carb day.

And of course make sure you drink ALL your water, you know andrea likes to remind you but now im reminding you too!

Mini challenges should be tough this week to make sure we get as much calorie burn as possible :)

I want your input too if anyone has any good ideas that could help us let me know and we can work it in :D

CUMMON TEAM RUDOLF, WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

xxxxxxx
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Options
    Like this competition...hope I dont let the team down!!
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Exciting challenge this week.

Team Dasher, we can do this :-p

MAIN CHALLENGE IS:

1.) Burn 2500 calories this week.

2.) Low carb week, So not going over 150g a day and have 1 no carb day pushing it to 2 days if you can.

3.) Drink at least 10+ glasses of water a day.

4.) NO FASTFOOD or SODA at all. ( It still makes a show in my diary......)

Make sure we all do our mini challenges and push further if you can :)

Any ideas or advice welcome :-D

Let's do this DASHERS :) x
  • andreaie
    Options
    right lads and ladies the leaders have set the challenges please take not of them and work as hard as you can to do them... remember your in a team now so dont let your side down... im loving this so far the fight talk is so funny and a bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone... remember just because im on team rudolf this week does not mean im not here for each of you so if ya need me for anything just send me a message....

good luck to everyone lets kill it this week....

GO RUDOLF
    GO DASHER

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options

MAIN CHALLENGE IS:

2.) Low carb week, So not going over 150g a day and have 1 no carb day pushing it to 2 days if you can.

I can do #4 without a problem. :happy:
    # 3 is a struggle due to timing and the frequent bathroom visits, :wink: but I will try.
    #2 - I haven't focused on this in the past, since I pretty much have a routine that a follow for certain things, like lunch...and my husband cooks dinner....but we'll see.
    #1 is probably doable, and of course I'll make an extra effort. :laugh:

So - here we go, Team Dasher!!:heart:
  • Charlene_91
    Options

MAIN CHALLENGE IS:

I can do #4 without a problem. :happy:
    # 3 is a struggle due to timing and the frequent bathroom visits, :wink: but I will try.
    #2 - I haven't focused on this in the past, since I pretty much have a routine that a follow for certain things, like lunch...and my husband cooks dinner....but we'll see.
    #1 is probably doable, and of course I'll make an extra effort. :laugh:

So - here we go, Team Dasher!!:heart:

Just try your best! I know some of the challenges will be difficult for some people but as long as u give them a go then im one very happy/proud captain :-D x
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ok team rudolf we have to win this as its my birthday on friday and finding we win will be one of the best pressies you can give me :D

Do at least 20 minutes of cardio a day and make sure it is something that really gets your heart rate up like running, fast walking, dance anything you want just get those calories burning!!!

I also want you to focus on your carbs a lot this week i say we have a low carb week, obviously as low as you can don't stress if you have to have a piece or bread or something i dont want you all starving! lol and then i want everyone to have at least 1 low carb day.

And of course make sure you drink ALL your water, you know andrea likes to remind you but now im reminding you too!

Mini challenges should be tough this week to make sure we get as much calorie burn as possible :)

I want your input too if anyone has any good ideas that could help us let me know and we can work it in :D

xxxxxxx

We should all be able to do this... let's stay motivated everybody! This will be a fun week!:bigsmile:
    Thanks for our challenge for the week M-M-M. Can you let me know what's considered "low" carb?
    :smile:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

xxxxxxx

Sounds good to me!! Just going to do Dance Central everyday for 20 minutes! :)
  • andreaie
    Options
    suggestions for low carb....
    Everyday we eat bread/pasta/potatoes/rice ect and we don't really take note of how much we eat so for low carb we need to beawear of how much we eat... The way I do it is ... I weigh every starcy carb( the ones listed)for lowcarb weeks.. I try stick to 150g so if I weigh a slice of bread and it weight 30g I take that away from the 150g for my daily allowance... If your weighing rice or pasta always weigh it before you cook it because it absorbs so much water you wouldn't get much if you weighed it cooked... So an example menu could be
    Breakfast : poached eggs.. Mushrooms.. Tomatoes and 2 slices of bread(50g)
    Lunch: chicken salad (no carbs)
    Dinner: fish or meat with veg and mash potatoes(100g)
    Snack: fruit/nuts/seeds/yoghurt/

This is just a simple menu so it might be clearer for you Doreen
    Hope this helps ...
  • _Doreen_
    _Doreen_ Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    suggestions for low carb....
    Everyday we eat bread/pasta/potatoes/rice ect and we don't really take note of how much we eat so for low carb we need to beawear of how much we eat... The way I do it is ... I weigh every starcy carb( the ones listed)for lowcarb weeks.. I try stick to 150g so if I weigh a slice of bread and it weight 30g I take that away from the 150g for my daily allowance... If your weighing rice or pasta always weigh it before you cook it because it absorbs so much water you wouldn't get much if you weighed it cooked... So an example menu could be
    Breakfast : poached eggs.. Mushrooms.. Tomatoes and 2 slices of bread(50g)
    Lunch: chicken salad (no carbs)
    Dinner: fish or meat with veg and mash potatoes(100g)
    Snack: fruit/nuts/seeds/yoghurt/

This is just a simple menu so it might be clearer for you Doreen
    Hope this helps ...

Thanks very much for the helpand the examples!:flowerforyou:
    I should be safe if I try to keep the carbs under 100-ish then.

At this point I'm having trouble eating all my calories lately though... I want to exercise more, but then I'll really be below what the site says I should be eating. If I let the site adjust my calories/exercise amounts does anyone know if things will go up, or go down? Can I do that manually?
  • cherrypop1
    cherrypop1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job Charlene well done.

I am really going to put in the effort this week and im really hoping for a good loss to make the team proud.

I will do my best to achieve the challenge you have set.

GO TEAM GO!!!!!!
  • andreaie
    Options
    great challeneges monkey come on team ruldolf we have to do this its moneys birthday on friday and what better present we could give her than to win the first challenge.....
  • Charlene_91
    Options
    Brilliant job Charlene well done.

I am really going to put in the effort this week and im really hoping for a good loss to make the team proud.

I will do my best to achieve the challenge you have set.

GO TEAM GO!!!!!!

Thanks, me 2 im giving it my all this week, would love to lose 3lb to reach my first 20lb loss. :-)

We can do this :P

GO TEAM DASHERS!!!! ;-P

x x
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    TEAM RUDOLF:

HEY TEAM, HOPE YOU HAVE ALL HAD A GREAT WEEKEND, IF YOU HAVENT FOOD WISE DO NOT WORRY JUST FOCUS ON THIS WEEK, GIVE IT YOU ALL!!!

SO LOW CARB WEEK - PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS AS BEST YOU CAN SO DONT GO OVER 150G AND HAVE AT LEAST 1 NO CARB DAY!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES OF HARD EXERCISE A DAY, MAKE EVERY BURN COUNT!

I WILL BE EMAILING PEOPLE TO SET CHALLENGES EACH DAY SO PLEASE GET THINKING OF SOME GOOD ONES.

I WILL SET IT FOR TOMORROW (MONDAY) I WILL PUT IT ON HERE TOMORROW MORNING

COME ON TEAM RUDOLF WE CAN DO THIS THING!!

XXXXX
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge Charlene! :) I'm gonna kick my butt SERIOUSLY this week. I say that every week, but I'm really going to eat mostly fruits/veggies, drink water as much as possible, and exercise for at least an hour everyday. I want a big loss, and i want to feel it!

GO TEAM DASHERRRRRRRRR! :D