Do you think you're attractive?

Options

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i wish MFP had "like" buttons... there is so many posts here that i wanna click the like button!!!! we are all different :) and all beautiful :)
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    :) what kinda life would it be if you hate your self? ... nah not for me.. i'm feeling a bit grr about my weight right now... but i'm still beautiful xoxox

-- opps thats was spose to be a quote reply for couponfun ... :)
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I attract men and women ;) haha

So yes, I do feel I'm attractive. But I feel attractive with no makeup, with makeup, no matter the hairstyle (and I've has super short to super long which can poof up and get frizzy and never straight) 20 lbs ago, and when I was pregnant and as big as a house. It's all about confidence. In high school the popular girls would call me ugly or weird (which I was weird I was in the freak group, it was a small school so they didn't know what to call us) but I know it was because they were insecure, not me. I have plenty of flaws, frizzy hair, scars, stretch marks, not so perfect skin, big feet, squishy belly. But I still love who i am and how I make people feel.

I do feel it has a lot to do when you were a child, growing up I was always told i was pretty,and my mom is just drop dead gorgeous which always made me jealous since I look like my dad. She took care of herself, so I did the same. I now have two baby girls and everyday I tell them they are beautiful and loved.
  • mmelledge
    mmelledge Posts: 150
    Options
    Great post, birdie0929! What an awesome attitude.

Today I'm feeling pretty attractive; 3 people noticed that I've lost weight. "I can REALLY tell!" was the common remark!

:bigsmile:
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I think I have a really pretty face. The rest of me...I'm gaining more and more confidence. There are more days when I say "wow, I look adorable today!" and it feels sincere.

My roommates keep trying to convince me that I'm not fat, just crazy... haha.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Not particularly attractive, but I don't scare small children either, so I'm not discontented with my appearance. I'll settle for being smart and witty and loving - that keeps me surrounded by my friends, and they don't really care that I'm not gorgeous.
    That's kind of how I am. I can 'pretty up' and look decent, or I can just walk out of bed and look decent. In the sense that not everyone is Anne Hathaway, I just don't have a beautiful face, not when I'm 120 lbs, not when I'm 160lbs. But, I feel like I know the value of that, and I'm OK with it-- it's just not that meaningful. LOL I have a sparkling personality, am a loving, great mom, and my husband sure thinks I'm the cat's meow. That's good enough for me! :)

eta: I should say, it's funny, I don't think of this as a confidence question. I walk into a room and feel good about myself (my look does not equal MYSELF to me), am confident that people will like me, so I think I have confidence. I don't walk into a room and think "these people are all going to think I'm really pretty." so that would make me unconfident by some definitions.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Nope!!!! But luckily people laugh at some of my jokes - makes my looks not an issue =)
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Not really lol
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    For the most part (now) I do. I still have "ugly" days though.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,713 Member
    Options
    Not particularly attractive, but I don't scare small children either, so I'm not discontented with my appearance. I'll settle for being smart and witty and loving - that keeps me surrounded by my friends, and they don't really care that I'm not gorgeous.
    That's kind of how I am. I can 'pretty up' and look decent, or I can just walk out of bed and look decent. In the sense that not everyone is Anne Hathaway, I just don't have a beautiful face, not when I'm 120 lbs, not when I'm 160lbs. But, I feel like I know the value of that, and I'm OK with it-- it's just not that meaningful. LOL I have a sparkling personality, am a loving, great mom, and my husband sure thinks I'm the cat's meow. That's good enough for me! :)

eta: I should say, it's funny, I don't think of this as a confidence question. I walk into a room and feel good about myself (my look does not equal MYSELF to me), am confident that people will like me, so I think I have confidence. I don't walk into a room and think "these people are all going to think I'm really pretty." so that would make me unconfident by some definitions.
    I can totally relate to your perspective. No, I'm not gorgeous, but I'm OK with that. I'm happy, and being a 10 wouldn't make me a better or a happier person.
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • WeightWatchen
    Options
    Now that I've lost weight, I do. I seem to turn heads more than I ever have, even in my teens and 20's. I think it's all in how you present yourself; the way you walk, the gleam in your eye. And with this new self confidence, it shows in everything I do....from my attitude on life, the way I love, and even things that happen in the bedroom. ;)

I have my bad days though. I usually stay in the house, go to the salon, exercise, or I talk to a friend.
  • tjnahm
    tjnahm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah I am! I mean seriously... look at me! :) When I drop another 50lbs to hit my goal weight I will just even MORE dead sexy then. *

* Confidence is a good thing, even when it might not be the most accurate.... haha

In all seriousness though, God has created me in His image, how can I NOT be attractive. Feeling attractive is not just about how you look on the outside, it has everything to do with having confidence, being comfortable in who you are, knowing what your purpose in life is, and having the ability to not judge your self worth based on what your body looks like or the standards of the world.

Have a blessed day everyone!
  • carrie1013
    Options
    Ha ha i never thought i was all my life but as i get older i look at my pics of before and i think dang i was cute back then y didnt i just enjoy it and keep my head up? But i look at me now and think well i guess the best years are past me now. I try not to think that way. But the extra weight sure does not help

I feel the exact same way...by the way, you are super cute :)
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Not really. Maybe someday. That is one of my goals, to be confident in and proud of my appearance.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I do. I'm quite confident in myself, not so much my weight. But confident with who I am and think I'm pretty attractive.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Not especially...It's not something I really think about
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Absolutely :laugh:
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It depends on how I am feeling when you ask. Sometimes I wear a bikini to go swimming in public. Most of the time I just feel blah. I like my hair, I think I have pretty eyes. I like that I can turn a head or two with cleavage but as a whole I think I am pretty disgusting.