Do you think you're attractive?

Replies

• ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    I have days when I feel like I'm one hot b****, and other days when I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror. For the most part, though, I feel pretty average. Not too bad, but not as good I as I want to look.

^^right there^^
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    I've never thought of myself as "attractive", but every now and then I've been told by others that I am. I am satisfied with my looks, just happy that my body is in great working order. :)
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    i attract weirdos...does that count?

No, I don't think I am. I think I am interesting.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    I agree with Decker. I'm not conventional by any means so it's hard for me to compare to the standard "beautiful" woman. A lot of people don't see super short hair as beautiful, and my hair is suuuper short (and shaved on the sides). I don't have big boobs like a lot of people see as beautiful (and is one of my biggest insecurities). I guess I could say I don't have the best self esteem, but I don't hate myself. I'm in the process of improving my body so I can hopefully not feel like a walrus anymore :)
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Easiest question i ever had to answer on MFP...

NO.
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Well I'm not butt ugly, but I am not a Angelina Jolie either.
    I feel like I have a nice face structure but other things make it ugly.
    For example, I have perfect straight teeth without ever having braces but they're kinda yellow. I also have a nice face but it's bumpy and discolored. Same with my eyes. I have nice eyes, but I have the WORST dark circles ever!
    But oh well....
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    No I genuinely do not. I feel even with a total-since I started loss of almost 100lbs I still feel like an ugly duckling. I hate my facial features and consider surgery on an almost daily basis. The only thing of course stopping me is the cost.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Maybe it's a bit arrogant, but I think I'm quite attractive. My best feature is definitely my eyes. I have really bright and unique looking blue eyes and combined with long dark hair, people definitely notice. I've been stopped on the street my whole life with people complimenting me on my eyes. When I was a toddler, people would actually stop my mom when she was with me. I think she was always worried that someone was gonna try to kidnap me or something.

Now that I'm at my ideal weight, the attention is actually becoming a bit troublesome. I get stared at wherever I go, I get hit on all the time, and worst of all I get judged at various work and sport functions. Being a young, attractive woman in a male-dominated technical field is quite difficult to be honest. Same with being involved in super outdoorsy sports like mountain/rock climbing/etc.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    easy, yes i do lol i alwyas have to some point, i dont think im super hot or anything but i do know im not horrid looking . i like how i look even tho i am trying to lose a nice chunk of weight as a fat girl i still get hit on and still get attention and i like haveing that kind of confedance to know even tho im not perfect size i still like who i am
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    I feel like after having worked as a makeup artist in the past that everyone most definitely has something attractive about their physical features. That being said, there are also super beautiful people out there that have horrible attitudes and it doesn't matter how pretty they are...pretty is as pretty does.

Also, I get stared at a lot too...but again, I live in downtown San Diego and there are a lot of weird people here haha. Just today someone took a picture of me with his cell phone while sitting at the intersection I was walking across. Weird.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    I do.
    I think I'd be more attractive and feel better if I lost 15-20 more pounds.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Not normally. Sometimes I'll get a confidence boost and think I look good but the fact that when I go out I'm still the heavy one after all the weight i've lost is hugely discouraging.
  • No, I don't yet. But I might feel better about myself when I'm leaner. I have very pretty relatives so it is hard.
  • nope
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I think I am a bit above average, because I am frequently told I am good looking ^^

I do not feel the same way I think, however. I often feel a bit unattractive and self-conscious...although I would never tell anyone (except my mom maybe) about this in real life ^^
  • jamichka
    jamichka Posts: 14 Member
    I have my off-days, like everyone else, but for the most part I love how I look. There are certain features I love about myself no matter what my mirror tells me the rest of my body looks like. For example, I love my ridiculously long hair and my eyes. :)
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523 Member
    I never think I look attractive. Have been single for over 2 years now, have 2 sickingly stunning sisters (whom I love very very much btw) and have always had a low self asteem.

I think a lot of it came from being bullied at school for not being popular, not being overly interested at boys at 12 years old (which kind of set a precedent in excluding me from making many friends back then). I moved from Cyprus back to the UK straight into the first year of secondary school (high school) and was therefore automatically picked on for being different.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    I'd like to think I'm attractive....doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as I feel attractive.

It feels great when other people do notice and comment that you look good too.

I sometimes have my off days but everyone does.
  • Not in the slightest.
  • Very.