Do you think you're attractive?

Options

Replies

• elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    I think I look amazing for my age. Believe me, I am very appreciative of my good genes my parents must have passed on, since I can say I did not get this way from ..well..christian living...BWAHAHAHAH!!!!
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    Confidence is not something I usually have a problem with. I dress up in business clothes and heels everyday so it definitely gives me a confidence boost.
  • MrsH06
    MrsH06 Posts: 159
    Options
    Eh sometimes. Wish it was always though.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel that I am attractive. I am happy with my genetics -- I think my whole family is good-looking.

Of course sometimes I feel ugly, and when I was 10 lbs heavier I definitely felt less confident and comfortable in my skin. I have the common concerns of looking older as I approach my late 20's, though I still get carded as if I'm under 18, so I guess I should shut my mouth there.

There are some things I'm unhappy with in my looks, but overall I'm very appreciative of what I have.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    We appologize we seem to be having technical issues.
    Nothing to see here
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This is an easy question... NO.
    Cmon fly!! I would do you so hard
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I think i look a little red.....
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    No, and this has been confirmed by people over and over again all my life. Even now people (mainly women) IRL refer to me as the "Ugly guy"
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I guess if I'm attractive it would be because of the wide shoulders and I have gotten compliments on the dark brown, nearly black hair and pale skin, which apparently is attractive to some women.

I think I'm OK working on hot.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Yes. But I have a type of egotistical arrogance that, for some reason, comes across as some sort of charm of assured self-confidence. Go figure.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    When I was 50lbs lighter, I got told I was..... Now that I'm 50ish pounds heavier, people dont tell me that anymore... But behind the little makeup I don't think I'm attractive at all :(
  • ziggylove
    Options
    Nerd answer: Research has shown that most people's estimation of their appearance is slightly inflated when compared to what other people think.

I think this is true, although sometimes it is more than 'slightly' inflated.

The kind of people I find really beautiful are the ones who don't really notice or care much how attractive they are. Their auras shine through even more that way. :)
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think I'm attractive. Luckily for me, my boyfriend does.
  • dropofhope
    Options
    95% of the time I think I'm smokin hot. Maybe I'm overconfident or dillusional, but I've never had self esteem issues. I think that's probably why my weight got so out of control, I love myself no matter what. It's good and bad, I guess. I work in the fashion industry where there's a lot of pressure to be thin...I love fashion, clothes and makeup so I've never felt unattractive. Hair, nails, makeup, exercise, I do it all. The only place I fail is diet. Just starting to realize that I need to make the same effort inside my body that I do outside my body.

Some people think that all that attention to how you look is shallow, but I don't. Image is important. What you present to the world is important. Sometimes a first impression is the only chance you get. If I get attention for wearing awesome shoes, or my eyes pop because of a new eyeshadow I'm wearing, that's great! It may lead to a conversation, that may lead to friendship where the person realizes all the other awesome things about my personality.

It doesn't take a lot of money to look good. I think Coco Chanel said "There's no such thing as an ugly woman, just a lazy woman." I think of that when I need motivation to keep up the healthy living and when I'm too tired to get a manicure...
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I think I'm above average. :)
  • dropofhope
    Options
    You look fantastic but If you're interested in makeup look up pixiwoo on YouTube. They have great makeup tutorials...
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Most days I think I am... and on the days I don't feel very attractive, I still try to find something I like in the mirror. I like my eyes!
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do not. When I was younger, I overheard a girl say something to the opposite and it surprised me...had me take a second look at myself. But now with my weight, definitely not. Even my wife has lost her attraction to me, not entirely because of the weight...but she does admit it has played a role. Probably not so much my looks of overweight, but the apathy I've had about it that led to it to get worse. *sigh*
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    never ever. but as one person mentioned, i sometimes look at old photos and think ok, you weren't so bad, skin was nice. ah the good old days
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of myself as a bad looking guy, no Brad Pitt or George Clooney...but not bottom of the barrel either. I've always had confidence in myself...though it was never really inspired by how I look.

It's funny though, the older I get, the better I feel like I look...and the less interest I seem to get from the opposite sex lol. The pictures of myself I seem to find less attractive, most women seem to find more attractive as well.

Go figure?