Options

Replies

• skyblue19912001
    Options
    yes i do :)
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel that particular day I guess :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    nah not really
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    No, I really don't. I have always struggled with self esteem. I think I am passable. My husband gets upset with me sometimes about it because he thinks otherwise.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    No, not really. But men are easy, so it's not too much of a problem.

My son is gorgeous (strangers stop us to say so), but I wonder if he'll believe it as he gets older. Looks don't equal happiness or popularity, so I don't know how much of a blessing it really is.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I found it interesting how many people answered based on what other people have told them or their comparisons to others. (Not judging what that means, just observing because it's what I do.) It's something to think about.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I think this is true, although sometimes it is more than 'slightly' inflated.

The kind of people I find really beautiful are the ones who don't really notice or care much how attractive they are. Their auras shine through even more that way. :)
    [/quote]

Love this.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome question! It's very interesting reading every body's answers.

I do think I'm beautiful! Even at my heaviest, I feel pretty. I have always attracted a lot of attention....I don't know if I just look really friendly and approachable, but it boosts my ego, lol. I don't like my body at this point, but I hope that will change.
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well I know I'm smiley and mostly friendly, I look people in the eye and no-one has ever turned away. So yeah I guess I must look okay.
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    I think I'm pretty average
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I dont think I am attractive

have to be honest and say that I have never thought of myself as attractive
    I feel better about myself now but still dont feel as if I am

I know people say I am and sometimes you think well if I wasnt they wouldnt
    say that but on the whole no not at all!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have days when I feel like I'm one hot b****, and other days when I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror. For the most part, though, I feel pretty average. Not too bad, but not as good I as I want to look.

^^^^this....I wish I could change alot of things but am also glad God gave me some of my other attributes!
  • journey_to_me
    journey_to_me Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think my facial features are unbalanced for sure, I have small eyes and a bigger nose and lips. Despite this, I do think I'm attractive...my parent's friends and my family are always telling me how I'm a pretty girl and stuff xD I also get attention from men..mostly older men but hey. It's kinda wrong but that makes me feel attractive :3 *vein* lol

P.S. Oh, and despite my size too ><
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I wonder if it has a lot to do with where you are from, how old you are and what you believe/faith. There's something inside of a lot of people that makes them dismiss what people say. I mean for example, your parents saying you are beautiful/pretty. I see that as something they are programmed to say anyway because you are their child and at the end of the day you have their attributes.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it has a lot to do with where you are from, how old you are and what you believe/faith. There's something inside of a lot of people that makes them dismiss what people say. I mean for example, your parents saying you are beautiful/pretty. I see that as something they are programmed to say anyway because you are their child and at the end of the day you have their attributes.

I think you're going about that all wrong. Belief in our own beauty and self-worth has to start as a child and from the people who count; if not, we give it up to the first person who tells us and is usually not worthy. From the time my girls (twin daughters) were born, I have told them how beautiful they are AND I told them to not listen to anyone who tells them otherwise because my opinion is the only one that counts. Neither of them are vain, nor are they insecure. Too often, as a teacher, I see young ladies whose parents never/rarely told them their worth. These girls then cling to the first guy (regardless of age, aspirations, looks, anything) who tells them they're pretty.

Being fat hasn't made me unattractive, being fat made me unhealthy.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    You betcha! At least when I don't have my glasses on - :flowerforyou:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Ahhh Heck yes I do! :bigsmile: Some days I have better body image than others but I am definitely a looker. And when I doubt that, I rock some short shorts and take a long hard look in the mirror. All this running is paying off! :laugh:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

I agree with this. When I travel to other states or inland cities, I feel prettier ^^
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no! I tend to not look in the mirror as awful as that sounds and cant stand candid photos of myself.
    I,ve always had low self esteem on how i look and hopefully losing weight will help me :0)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think I do but that quickly changes when my husband talks about "hot" girls celebrities or whatever:-( deflates that self esteem. Quick for sure