Do you think you're attractive?

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Self-deprecation is not sexy.

I do agree with this. The thing is, some of us were told we were ugly by those who said they loved us in the same breath. That kind of stuff lingers forever. While I have done a decent job breaking that cycle of self-deprecation in my head, I still have a long way to go until I truly believe it.
    Those who did not go through that growing up will never know what it's like. And trust me, that's a good thing.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    The more and more I got in better shape, the better I felt about myself. So yea, I guess I'm OK looking.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Know my favorite part of this thread? The OP asked if you think you are ATTRACTIVE. Not beautiful, not perfect, not sexy. I am a word nerd, and when asked a question, I consider it carefully.

There are many people I would not say were beautiful, but would definitely merit attraction. Just saying.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yes....finally I am at a point in my life where I can say I am happy with me :-)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    The more and more I got in better shape, the better I felt about myself. So yea, I guess I'm OK looking.

Your not just OK looking....FYI :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

Ok?! :noway: Let me help you build your self-esteem. You're much better than ok.
  • KickinBooty
    Options
    Self-deprecation is not sexy.

I do agree with this. The thing is, some of us were told we were ugly by those who said they loved us in the same breath. That kind of stuff lingers forever. While I have done a decent job breaking that cycle of self-deprecation in my head, I still have a long way to go until I truly believe it.
    Those who did not go through that growing up will never know what it's like. And trust me, that's a good thing.

Notice a difference between the guys and girls comments here? It just struck me as I was going through.

i have kind of the opposit problems of some. I love hair, makeup, clothes, and jewelry so I'm always playing around with looks and styles. (This is one of my big incentives for losing weight-shopping at a regular store and getting what I want for less money. :) However, my body confidence is not great especially after a day like today. My body is losing weight in certain places and though I'm usually pretty hourglass today I'm feeling out of proportion and well... fat. Somedays I think I am super cool and sexy, but other times I think I'm a fat freak. I deal with the same kind of family issues as above, but part of this process is being okay with who I am and rocking that. I have great green/blue eyes and I've finally found stuff to help with my Irish curly hair-thank you Aveda for being a God send. I have a good smile (thank you braces and brushing and flossing) and I have the view that sometimes what makes us unique makes us sexy. Julia Roberts hates her smile and has despised her hair. Gwyneth Paltrow is insecure about her long neck. Heidi Klum hates her feet. Embrace where you are and figure out what you want and can be.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Know my favorite part of this thread? The OP asked if you think you are ATTRACTIVE. Not beautiful, not perfect, not sexy. I am a word nerd, and when asked a question, I consider it carefully.

There are many people I would not say were beautiful, but would definitely merit attraction. Just saying.

Let's not over-analyze it. The answers illustrate everyone's self-image, regardless of the choice of one word over the other in the OP's question.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    No I don't think I am attractive but I still like who and what I am.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

Let's not over-analyze it. The answers illustrate everyone's self-image, regardless of the choice of one word over the other in the OP's question.

That is what I mean. If you ask people, "what do you find attractive", they will include factors that have nothing to do with appearance. Sense of humor, etc.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    No... I don't feel like I'm attractive at all. In fact, I feel like I'm very fat and ugly :/

Looking at your photo you have a beautiful face and nice hair. You sure don't look fat and ugly! I am old so I can say this - you have to love your self first and then love others.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Umm.. I think I'm okay .. I have good and bad days ... But I think it comes from within :)
  • ashheartshawaii
    ashheartshawaii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. All day, every day. Make-up doesn't hurt, though.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I know I could be worse, so I know I'm decent.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Sometimes... most times no.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I don't *think* I'm attractive; I *know* I am.
    -wtk
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I don't generally think of myself in terms of being attractive or unattractive. Realistically, there are lots of people who are more attractive and plenty who are less attractive, so thinking about where I fall on the scale of attractiveness doesn't feel very important to me most of the time. That doesn't mean I don't sometimes wish I were prettier, younger, thinner, etc., but I don't obsess about it for very long ever. When I was younger, I used to dwell on it a lot, and one day it occurred to me that my life was pretty good....{snip}

I am the same.

I haven't wondered about how attractive other people find me for the longest time or bother considering where I might find myself seated on a culturally defined scale of hotness. Some people will think I'm attractive. Others will not. That's their business.

My business and my focus is simply being the best me that I can be. That is where my attention and energy will go. If as an incidental benefit of this approach people find me appealing and want to get on it - cool bananas...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't think about it very often. I know I'm not what would be considered by most to be attractive.

I know there were a lot of better looking men chasing my wife when I met her. That was 23 years ago. They may or may not be better looking now, but she chose me for some reason. I'll take whatever those intangible reasons are instead of good looks any time.

I don't believe my looks have any factor whatsoever on how I relate to my friends and my family. I don't really give a *kitten* what everyone else thinks.

I'm a Rock Star in my world.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hell nahh. my face looks like doggie poop xD
  • tmtrack
    tmtrack Posts: 23
    Options
    :cry: I would have to say....for the most part no! I see to many of my flaws and give that one big lump sum slap in the face each time I look in the mirror! Who ever invented mirrors is on my hit list, LOL!!