Do you think you're attractive?

Options

Replies

• Berta53
    Berta53 Posts: 29
    Options
    No, I don't really have attractive features. But I've made peace with that fact a long time ago. Everyone can't be Julia Roberts.
  • Berta53
    Berta53 Posts: 29
    Options
    Sorry but i wouldn't want too look like Julia Roberts she is skinny & gaunt looking......Marylin Munroe was a much better role model:happy:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i dont think im a troll thats for sure.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    sometimes.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Most of the times I like the way I look, but even more I love they way I am going to look when I reach my goal weight.
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    I don't feel so alone now. I think I'm ok. I like my eyes but have very low self esteem. I hope that starts to change soon. It really gets me down. It's something I've always battled.
  • Liliacea
    Liliacea Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no! I tend to not look in the mirror as awful as that sounds and cant stand candid photos of myself.
    I,ve always had low self esteem on how i look and hopefully losing weight will help me :0)

I hope losing weight will improve your self esteem. In my case, it unfortunately didn't.
    My highest weight was around 105 lbs and at that point my measurements were 34 - 24 - 35.2
    Now, I weigh 98.7 lbs and my current measurements are 33 - 22.8 - 34.2
    And I still don't think I'm attractive. Well, I have never thought that I'm attractive anyway (I'm 20 years old). The reason I wrote my measurements and weight was to highlight that my weight has changed, my measurements have changed but the way I feel about myself hasn't changed.
    There's one thing I understood from my weight loss: it's completely (in my case at least) a mental thing whether you think you look good or not.
    Btw, you are beautiful. =)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    That is, unfortunately, a question I ask myself a lot. :)
    Physically, I'd consider myself plain. I've got pretty eyes, but my face just isn't something that you'd call beautiful. I'm not ugly (or I hope not?), and I clean up well, but I'll never turn heads on the street.

But, and maybe it's just my own delusions, attractiveness isn't just physical beauty. It's also the way you move, the confidence you exude, your attitude. I've seen people that aren't that pretty physically (weight issues or no) but when they laugh the entire world just brightens that little bit. I'm working on becoming that sort of attractive.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Well if I listened to the inmates (I work at a prison) I'd think I was the most beautiful thing that ever walked the earth. But since I know better (yes they lie) I always think I'm cute. Not stunning or beautiful, just cute. I'm happy with that. I think I look the same heavy or smaller but of course feel better on the smaller side. I have NO problem walking around with no clothes on. My friend thinks I'm insane - she's super small and has no confidence. She laughed when I told her about my naked kettlebell demonstration!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    When I was thinner, I thought I was pretty and loved how I looked in pictures. I had guys hit on me constantly and my phone was always ringing... those were my high school and college days. Now, about 75 lbs heavier (married and with a 2 year old), I do not feel attractive. Sometimes I feel like my face looks pretty but I know my body isn't. It's hard to have a 100% outlook about yourself when it's only your face that looks cute. This is one main reasons I am trying to lose this weight... I'm ready to be confident and love myself again. Also, I'm tired of being embarrassed about my looks and want my husband to think I have a rockin' body. I think I deserve it.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Some days, sure. I've been told I'm "cute" but I've always wondered what it would feel like to be one of those rare beauties! I like myself though. :) I love that fact that I FEEL better now that I've gotten healthier, which has made me a lot happier and more confident. I do also think I have a great sense of humor. :wink:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it has a lot to do with where you are from, how old you are and what you believe/faith. There's something inside of a lot of people that makes them dismiss what people say. I mean for example, your parents saying you are beautiful/pretty. I see that as something they are programmed to say anyway because you are their child and at the end of the day you have their attributes.

I think you're going about that all wrong. Belief in our own beauty and self-worth has to start as a child and from the people who count; if not, we give it up to the first person who tells us and is usually not worthy. From the time my girls (twin daughters) were born, I have told them how beautiful they are AND I told them to not listen to anyone who tells them otherwise because my opinion is the only one that counts. Neither of them are vain, nor are they insecure. Too often, as a teacher, I see young ladies whose parents never/rarely told them their worth. These girls then cling to the first guy (regardless of age, aspirations, looks, anything) who tells them they're pretty.

Being fat hasn't made me unattractive, being fat made me unhealthy.

I agree with the response here. My parents did the opposite of the above and they flat out told me I was ugly. This was their honest attempt to prepare me for my future. To them a woman's worth and ability to find a mate was 100% based on her looks. So, they expected I would never marry and they wanted me to be prepared for this fact. Of course I am married, and I even managed to squeek out a couple of kids. Trust me, my parents are shocked by this turn of events and they praise my husband for his ability to look beyond the physical and somehow find something redeemable about me.(sigh). I tell my sons daily that they are handsome and amazing. It is so important to instill in chidlren that they are amazing. It does not take much to instill someone with self esteem.
  • Beanie26
    Options
    The only time I feel 'attractive' in any form is when I have my hair done and make up on and clothes that appear to 'hide' all lumps and bumps- so really, when trying to look how i'd like to be without having to hide behind all the glam. :huh:
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you hun :0)
    I hope my self esteem improves with weight lose too x
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I don't generally think of myself in terms of being attractive or unattractive. Realistically, there are lots of people who are more attractive and plenty who are less attractive, so thinking about where I fall on the scale of attractiveness doesn't feel very important to me most of the time. That doesn't mean I don't sometimes wish I were prettier, younger, thinner, etc., but I don't obsess about it for very long ever. When I was younger, I used to dwell on it a lot, and one day it occurred to me that my life was pretty good and that it probably wouldn't be dramatically different if I woke up one day and was as beautiful as I could possibly be. So I started thinking about how it would *feel* if I thought I was that beautiful, and how I would treat others if I perceived them as being as beautiful as they could be. It has been a pretty liberating way of viewing myself and others, and it's made me learn to be more confident and comfortable in my own skin. That said, I am very uncomfortable having my picture taken or looking at photos of myself, because it shatters my whole perception of my appearance and makes me face the reality that there's a whole lot of room between me and the beautiful end of the scale. I guess I still have some work to do! :tongue:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    When I was younger and really fit, I was pretty in an unconventional way. I had large dark hazel eyes, really really long eyelashes, nearly black thick curly hair, high cheekbones, nice lips, great long lean muscular legs and booty, thin waist, nice boobs, and really pale skin. As I gained weight, it looked really bad on me. I didn't carry it well in my face especially. My face got really fat looking, and my facial features look tiny on my head now. I got a really bad double chin with a crease right across my neck. It looks horrible. As for the rest of me, all my weight went to my tummy and my butt which both got huge. My legs are still relatively thin, which looks really weird.

Someday I might be pretty again.
  • txvalgal
    Options
    Wrong! I can see by your profile pic, you have beautiful eyes! Play them up sister!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Aside from the excess weight...yeah, I think I am attractive. My self-esteem sometimes drops to rock-bottom but it is ALWAYS weight-related. I'm happy with my face, hair etc.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    well not really but..................................................... I am over the moon when one of my boys say to me.."I think you are beautiful my flowa my butta cup princess mommy".
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    YES IM ATTRACTIVE IF I DID NOT BELIEVE IT NO ONE ELSE WOULD.