Do you think you're attractive?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I was a very homely child and had beautiful sisters and gorgeous friends. I know logically that I have grown into my features and my hubby assures me that he thinks I am stunning, and I do get compliments from people, but I can't see what they see, I guess. Probably stinkin' thinkin' left over from my childhood, but no, I don't really think I'm attractive.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    <--- of couse, look at me. haha
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Sure I do. It's everyone else that thinks I'm ugly!

I find that hard to believe :P
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My wife thinks so. I think I'm a work in progress.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    No way.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I would have to say yes, since people here keep telling me so. Some days I feel more attractive than others. I'll be a 10 once I lose this extra weight.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Not so much. While I have a tiny waist and am thin, I don't' feel attractive. Not due to my weight but because I am very socially awkward and introverted.
    So I HATE it when people assume because of my body, I have men falling all over me, or say I'm "lucky". Try freezing up in a crowded party and being the dork that can talk about the Fallout universe for hours on end.
  • evyeve21
    evyeve21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Its good to have self confidence, but what if someone was just truly ugly? I mean we all have our own sense of what or who is attractive but would someone really come on here and point out the "ugly people"?? LOL, just wondering. I don't think i'm ugly but i'm sure i'm not attractive to everyone.

I know this post is about how you feel about yourself, I was just sayin
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not so much. While I have a tiny waist and am thin, I don't' feel attractive. Not due to my weight but because I am very socially awkward and introverted.
    So I HATE it when people assume because of my body, I have men falling all over me, or say I'm "lucky". Try freezing up in a crowded party and being the dork that can talk about the Fallout universe for hours on end.

Fallout ♥
  • catshark209
    Options

What the heck?! You smokin'--hot that is.
  • catshark209
    Options

Fallout ♥

I just finished the last DLC too. :smile:
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Honestly no. I'm nearly 40 have been overweight since my late teens and my body shows that fact. I know there are features about me that guys have in the past found attractive and certainly my husband loves me but I don't look in the mirror and think I look good.
    My goal is to be in tiny jeans or jodphurs and feel good.. what I look like when I take them off well that I will ignore that.
  • Magnolea
    Options
    I believe that being attractive is about having the right attitude. No matter how much weight we put off, if we dont see us as what we are really inside, We'll never be attractive.

Learn to love ourself with what we have, and add a personal touch to it to make us original. I found myself attractive when I was 262 pounds and still now at 176..

But its now about the weight I lost, its about the new attitude toward life I have.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    I have days when I feel like I'm one hot b****, and other days when I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror. For the most part, though, I feel pretty average. Not too bad, but not as good I as I want to look.
    Exactly me lol
  • catshark209
    Options
    I was a very homely child and had beautiful sisters and gorgeous friends. I know logically that I have grown into my features and my hubby assures me that he thinks I am stunning, and I do get compliments from people, but I can't see what they see, I guess. Probably stinkin' thinkin' left over from my childhood, but no, I don't really think I'm attractive.

That's how I was too. I'm an only child but my cousins and friends are all good looking and I was always awkward and bony. I had braces, glasses, and wore dorky clothes. Think headgear people.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I find myself to be most attractive when i'm conversating and smiling alot, or sometimes it's as easy as putting on an outfit that fits me real well and it's like "damn, man, why can't you be this sexy all the time!" I mean my face is out there towards a 6 out of 10 with my body currently like a 4/10. If I felt I was attractive I most likely wouldn't have signed up to this site searching for an answer and some motivation, but i'm on a good path so far. Just gotta get my body to match this personality then i'll def be a trouble maker!

:)
  • foodluver27
    Options
    I usually think I am just average although when I get "dressed up" I do feel attractive. I think we all have days when we just do not wanna look in the mirror but we were all fearfully and wonderfully made so on those not so hot feeling days I remind myself that I was made just the way I was supposed to be and someone always thinks I'm beautiful and you are too!

I feel like this exactly! It's amazing what some cute clothes, make-up (imo) and high heels can do to a women's confidence..plus I have a wonderful husband who is always giving me compliments..even though over the years I used to not believe him but it is becoming easier for me to. I have always had some insecurities but don't we all?!
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    no not really .. probably below average at best
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I sooooo agree! Not cute, not skinny, not smart, I am my own worst critic! I used to think I was overweight and I so was not! We need to stop listening to us :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

That's how I was too. I'm an only child but my cousins and friends are all good looking and I was always awkward and bony. I had braces, glasses, and wore dorky clothes. Think headgear people.
    I didn't have braces or glasses to blame my awkwardness on (although I was painfully shy). Instead, I was 5'10" before I was 12 years old, had so many freckles that they formed a Charlie Chaplin-like "mustache" above my lip, and had strawberry blonde/strawberry brown eyelashes and eyebrows... in other words, my eyebrows and eyelashes were basically the same color as my skin, so I looked like a freckled giant with two dark brown blobs where my eyes were... Oh, and don't forget the tiny mouth and pointy chin.
    On the plus side -- at least I always had nice teeth and pretty ears. It's not much, but it's something.