Replies

• voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't think, I know.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I had that snorty shrieky laugh. Oh and I had a boy's bowl haircut.
    Ya'll beat that!
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    I had that snorty shrieky laugh. Oh and I had a boy's bowl haircut.
    Ya'll beat that!

I think my asthma , allergies , horrible eczema and lack coordination contributed to my overall perception of myself
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I've just read most of the replies since my reply this thread and your responses are interesting.

It's odd how we all have different perceptions of ourself. I wish my perception of myself would change, ah well. Can't win 'em all I guess.
  • anitacar
    Options
    I think I have a pretty face but the rest of me needs to catch up.
  • LovahLaura
    Options
    I think my face is attractive, just as long as I don't get a double chin. I have very clear skin so I'm lucky in that way. But I think I have the most disgusting looking body. And it only recently started looking bad (within the past 2 1/2 years). I've gained about 30 lbs. and I have stretch marks on my hips and parts of my buttox. The celeulite doesn't help the situation either. I don't know how to make those issues go away once I do lose a significant amount of weight. :frown:
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Most definitely not. And I have had lots of people who have been oh so willing to randomly confirm this for me. It sucks but ah well its life. Not everyone can be pretty :-) The good news is...I make everyone else look alot better haha.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    today I feel attractive...I lost 4 more lbs..ummm talk to me again next monday weigh day and I'll give you another opinion...LOL
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it has a lot to do with where you are from, how old you are and what you believe/faith. There's something inside of a lot of people that makes them dismiss what people say. I mean for example, your parents saying you are beautiful/pretty. I see that as something they are programmed to say anyway because you are their child and at the end of the day you have their attributes.

I think you're going about that all wrong. Belief in our own beauty and self-worth has to start as a child and from the people who count; if not, we give it up to the first person who tells us and is usually not worthy. From the time my girls (twin daughters) were born, I have told them how beautiful they are AND I told them to not listen to anyone who tells them otherwise because my opinion is the only one that counts. Neither of them are vain, nor are they insecure. Too often, as a teacher, I see young ladies whose parents never/rarely told them their worth. These girls then cling to the first guy (regardless of age, aspirations, looks, anything) who tells them they're pretty.

Being fat hasn't made me unattractive, being fat made me unhealthy.

I agree with the response here. My parents did the opposite of the above and they flat out told me I was ugly. This was their honest attempt to prepare me for my future. To them a woman's worth and ability to find a mate was 100% based on her looks. So, they expected I would never marry and they wanted me to be prepared for this fact. Of course I am married, and I even managed to squeek out a couple of kids. Trust me, my parents are shocked by this turn of events and they praise my husband for his ability to look beyond the physical and somehow find something redeemable about me.(sigh). I tell my sons daily that they are handsome and amazing. It is so important to instill in chidlren that they are amazing. It does not take much to instill someone with self esteem.

I was a gorgous baby and child....my parents tried to play it down because they were afraid I would be vain.....I had never really thought about my looks until I was told just how ugly I had become. ;-\ It certainly hasnt improved over the years, and I was very healthy and skinny. People would stare at me - thats how ugly I was. Now that Im heavier - its awful being in a public place. People are mean. And you shouldnt listen to your parents....I dont think you are ugly.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This is a difficult question. Some days I feel attractive, other days I don't. If you don't really know me, you'd think I was super confident. In all honesty, I think I'm ok looking. I think I can look attractive if I get dolled up. I do think I have a nice figure, just need to work on the spare tire around my midsection. So, I guess it depends on my mood. Yes and No. LOL!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Thor dont think so but thor wife does, dont know why
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm getting better with age, so I'm much more confident now than I was 5 years ago. Sure there are days when I don't feel good about myself, but overall I'm happy with the way I am.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think we live in a youth and beauty obsessed hyper consumption culture. Way we look (superficial vanity) is a small part of what makes us unique. :flowerforyou:
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    No... I don't feel like I'm attractive at all. In fact, I feel like I'm very fat and ugly :/

Same very same.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    No, I don't really have attractive features. But I've made peace with that fact a long time ago. Everyone can't be Julia Roberts.

Well, I think you do and that you are pretty.

Personally, there is no way I would want to look like Julia Roberts. I just don't find her to be attractive in the least bit. To each their own I guess. :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I am a decent looking guy.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'd do me.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I think we live in a youth and beauty obsessed hyper consumption culture. Way we look (superficial vanity) is a small part of what makes us unique. :flowerforyou:
    I think you are absolutely right. they go hand in hand as we women help drive the economy with our beauty products and accessories.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    I feel attractive from the neck up lol neck down I feel gross
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, no, not at all. I have some self esteem issues and believe myself to be very unattractive. Especially because of being over weight.

There are very few days that I wake up feeling attractive. And even on those days it doesn't last too long. As soon as I have to go anywhere or I see beautiful women on TV, that feeling is completely ruined.