How long have you been single for?

Options

Replies

• wiseup06
    Options
    I've been single for about 3 yrs now.I recently had a strange relationship with a friend,well exfriend(a male).
    It was kinda on and off for yrs.To be honest im glad its over FOR GOOD this time.I like being single.I think back at the time when i was much younger and wanted that freedom.I have it now and Im gonna enjoy it. :tongue:
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    technically 33 years as of the the 14th?.. lol which is also my bday..woo hoo...
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Almost a year. It was one of those things start as friends, spend all your time together cause you feel like you found your twin. I mad a mistake and pissed off the wrong person, that person made a mission of ruining my relationship. And I just let go...I am to old for high school, just because I didn't respond to that person crush, they went out of their way to hurt. I just said whatever and it had been a two year relationship, but I don't feel bad about losing that person romantically I felt like crap cause I lost my best friend. Guess it wasn't the TA-DA, I found my soul mate sort of thing, but then why rush!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    -5.5 yrs
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Been Single for a couple of weeks. REASON: He was confused! I don't know what exactly that means in guys speak thats all he said. He couldnt even break up with me just didnt call me anymore. When I went to pick up my stuff, I asked him why he couldnt talk to me and he said "I dont want to argue (in 9 months we hadnt ever had a real arguement) I'm confused"

Omg exact same thing here dated the guy for 9 months never really had an argument it was amazing then all of a sudden bam! oh and to answer the OPs question ive been single about 8 months
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    8 years or so. I have a lot of female friends who I go out with, go away on vacation with. Right now I am not looking for a relationship but if it happens I guess it will.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: :cry:
  • slavaheroyam
    Options
    My whole life so 22 years? Sadly, there's times I can't even comprehend the idea of someone actually finding me attractive and wanting to spend time with me.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    About 9 months. Some homeless guy said it's because I'm ugly.

and he's obviously a major winner in life, NOT!

Someone said this to me 2 weeks ago. My therapist pointed out this is usually mirroring their feelings of self. I know I am not ugly, and neither are you!:flowerforyou:
  • roxypoptart
    roxypoptart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1 yr and 1/2 blah im soo over dating and relationships just me and my sweet daughter thats all i need :love:
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have always been single :smile: Dated few times, but nothing serious. and yes, I'm 26 :laugh:

25 and in the same boat. Been single so long, not sure what I would do if I wasn't.

29 and ditto

Me too- 24 here. In all honesty, the only part of being in a relationship that appeals to me is having an automatic date for things like weddings or parties that seem to be "all couples." Those situations make me feel awkward. Otherwise, I'm quite content being on my own!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've been in love with my best friend for 10 years... that being said, he believes we are just friends. We've trie the boyfriend/girlfriend thing for all of a week and he ran scared. Now, 6 years after that, we have walked away a few times and still come back to ourt friendship. This has left me scarred and confused. I have recently (about 8 months now) viewed "us" in a new light and agree that we are better as just friends because I deserve so much more than he knows how to give in a relationship... as a friend he is fabulous!

All of that being said, it's been about 6 years since I even dated anyone... and I miss kissing and sex with a partner... other than that, I truly love my freedom, I love my friends, I love not having to put the toilet seat down in the middle of the night, not having to pull someone's socks out of a knot to wash them... I love being the only one spending my money and eating my food... of course, the other side of that coin is that I have no one else helping to pay the mortgage or helping me when I just had to put $$ into the car and now have to put tires on or the snow will be the death of me...

Find the right person - who meets your intelligence level and understands you and is not judgmental. Find someone that you can be fat around -- that was my problem -- how can I really believe I was ever in love with him if I was truly afraid to be who I was - my true fat self? Now that I'm finding that I'm not a true fat self I feel more comfortable... but I also have other issues that I think will turn a guy off... so I have to work on getting over that -- then he will find me. :love:
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've been single for 9 months and before that 4 month relationship, it had been over 6 years since I had been in a relationship. While I would like to be in a relationship, I am patient and waiting for God to put the right one in my path.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Single (widowed) since 1988. Still in love with that guy!

Yes, you read it right,, 1988 as in 23 years.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Long enough to know I prefer being single....the bed is all mine, no nasty niffs emanating from under the bed clothes, no arguments...bliss, I am the boss of me!
    hee hee! Sounds like me CatCrazy.. many benefits to being single again. I'm loving it!:drinker: :wink:
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Single since the end of June 2011. Dating here and there but enjoying the freedom and having a busy schedule without having to worry about someone else getting enough of my time.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: :cry:
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    11ish days. Just getting started enjoying my singleness :)
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Before I had my first boyfriend(from 15-17years old) I was single for a little over a year.

Best and worst time ever. Had a lot of GREAT times I won't forget, learned what I liked in a man, but also got tired of the same things over and over again and longed for a companion.

2yr anniversary on Tues. with my man :wink:

Being single is fun because you get those butterflies when you go out on dates, are a free spirit, get free dinners (ha!), explore and experience different people. Everyone needs to be single for awhile.

It's this time of the year I enjoy the most because it's cuddle by the fireplace season. :heart:
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I've been single for 4 months, this is the longest I've been single since I was 15 years old. I was the sort of person that always needed to be in a relationship and I went from one serious relationship to another. So I've never had a chance to work out what I want and not what "we" want until now.

I would like to get to a point where I'm happy being by myself but that's proving very difficult. I'm a very independent person and I don't want a very serious relationship at the moment so it annoys me that I still feel that I need a boyfriend. I suppose it's just more the fear that I won't meet anyone else. Ridiculous I know. But I have to remember that it's better being single than being in a relationship that doesn't work.