How long have you been single for?

Options

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've been single about 7-8 months. Why? Because I've grown to accept that most people can't handle me. I have all my *kitten* together and I want my partner to have his together as well. You'd think this would be easier to come by, but it's not.

That, and apparently the guys who think they can handle me live all the way in California. *evil eye*

I totally get that.... I've spent time figuring out me, I'm strong and confident in who I am and apparantly that is now more of an issue when I was scared and insecure!! LOL!! I know that I expect people to live up to the same standards that I hold myself up to, but its no easy find, and I'm not prepared to settle.

That is it. Exactly. I don't like feeling like I have to teach my partner so much. Naturally we're going to learn from each other, of course, but I don't like to be in the position of constant frustration because he's still figuring himself out. He will end up inevitably frustrated because he doesn't know what he doesn't know about himself.
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been single about 7-8 months. Why? Because I've grown to accept that most people can't handle me. I have all my *kitten* together and I want my partner to have his together as well. You'd think this would be easier to come by, but it's not.

That, and apparently the guys who think they can handle me live all the way in California. *evil eye*

I totally get that.... I've spent time figuring out me, I'm strong and confident in who I am and apparantly that is now more of an issue when I was scared and insecure!! LOL!! I know that I expect people to live up to the same standards that I hold myself up to, but its no easy find, and I'm not prepared to settle.

That is it. Exactly. I don't like feeling like I have to teach my partner so much. Naturally we're going to learn from each other, of course, but I don't like to be in the position of constant frustration because he's still figuring himself out. He will end up inevitably frustrated because he doesn't know what he doesn't know about himself.

Exactly!!!! It seems that a woman that knows her own mind, and knows what she wants seems to be intimidating for a lot of guys.... weird, because in a man I am LOOKING for someone that knows what he wants and knows his own mind. LOL
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I don't *like* being single because I love having a relationship and someone to nuggle with and talk about our days and watch tv, but at the same time, I'd rather be single than in a bad relationship.

This! Exactly. I've been single for 16 months, I'd say mutual decision to most people, but really it was me pulling the plug. I'm not rushing to find a new guy because A) I don't need one, B) I'm working on getting myself together/ being happy with me and C) my life's a bit complicated right now anyway, don't have the time or energy for all the potential emotional... stuff, stress, that goes with starting to date someone.
  • MadPanda75
    MadPanda75 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Too long! Haha
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just over 4 years :frown:
  • taniam16
    taniam16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been single for about 6 months now and it is honestly the most daunting thing in the world. I was with my ex boyfriend for over 5 years (from 17 to 22) and feel like i gained very little from the relationship. For a good 2 years I was unhappy and gaining a lot of weight but couldn't figure out why. Turns out I just didn't want to spend the rest of my life with him so we drifted apart and then broke up. At the start of the relationship i weighed 55kg, managed to drop to 50kg, at the end of the relationship I weighed 68kg and today I weigh 57kg. Still got a bit to go to get to that goal weight again but I'll get there and it's an amazing feeling to feel good about your weight and your look again.

I wouldn't be looked at once let alone twice when I was overweight and now I'm getting a touch more attention which feels great. I'm hoping I can meet some nice cute boys once I've achieved my goal weight! lol!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    4 years.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I have been single for about 6 months now and it is honestly the most daunting thing in the world. I was with my ex boyfriend for over 5 years (from 17 to 22) and feel like i gained very little from the relationship. For a good 2 years I was unhappy and gaining a lot of weight but couldn't figure out why. Turns out I just didn't want to spend the rest of my life with him so we drifted apart and then broke up. At the start of the relationship i weighed 55kg, managed to drop to 50kg, at the end of the relationship I weighed 68kg and today I weigh 57kg. Still got a bit to go to get to that goal weight again but I'll get there and it's an amazing feeling to feel good about your weight and your look again.

I wouldn't be looked at once let alone twice when I was overweight and now I'm getting a touch more attention which feels great. I'm hoping I can meet some nice cute boys once I've achieved my goal weight! lol!

This is EXACTLY what I went through, except the relationship was from when I had just turned 18 till I was just 21. ^^

I have lost weight, but still have more to lose and know exactly how u feel :D so funny i can relate to u~ :D
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm I the only one who gets really f*n po'd at people rubbing their relationships in your face? Great, you're in mutual lust and are happy... good for you. I don't need to see it day in and day out, I don't need to see it at all! I don't need to be reminded that I'm flying solo with no parachute. Grrrr....
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm I the only one who gets really f*n po'd at people rubbing their relationships in your face? Great, you're in mutual lust and are happy... good for you. I don't need to see it day in and day out, I don't need to see it at all! I don't need to be reminded that I'm flying solo with no parachute. Grrrr....

Actually it makes me happy, kinda reminds me what it was like to have those feelings and happy that other people are experiencing that. Sure there is a cynical side to me that has thoughts in the back of my mind like "enjoy it while it lasts" but for the most part, I'm happy that others experience that and hold out hope that maybe one day I will be lucky enough to have that feeling again!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Actually it makes me happy, kinda reminds me what it was like to have those feelings and happy that other people are experiencing that. Sure there is a cynical side to me that has thoughts in the back of my mind like "enjoy it while it lasts" but for the most part, I'm happy that others experience that and hold out hope that maybe one day I will be lucky enough to have that feeling again!

That is EXACTLY how I feel about it. To the word.
  • Meg_85
    Meg_85 Posts: 43
    Options
    Going on 6 years...guess i'm picky..:-/
  • Tyler4846
    Options
    For about 8 months now, and haven't found anyone worth spending any time with.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've been single for almost a year and it is because I typically fly under the radar naturally so people don't really notice me, and when they do they don't look at me and think I want to date her. The guys who do want to date me are typically a good amount older than me (like 10 years and above on average) and or military, and since there is no military base in this town there is not much hope for me.
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    4 years and counting. Unless you count the guy I went on 2 dates with 2 months ago. I'm happy being single but would prefer to be in a relationship (i just like the companionship). The guys that hit on me do so in a way that I would never consider dating them. And I've always been the girl that guys love being friends with but would never date.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    too long to remember, just cant find my it girl......you know the one that can melt you with her smile, the the girl thats so beautiful and she dnt even know it. the girl you can grow old with
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    More than 12 years... I expect to stay that way. I haven't been looking, and I don't really intend to. The reasons are complicated, and I don't hate men, at ALL, but I'm simply not going there, any more.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    6 or 7 months or so.

Met my ex when she came back to town for a family thing, she stayed a year and a bit..we both got awesome jobs at a private camp last year, then she moved back home shortly after. Fairly certain she cheated on me twice, but it may have happened more then that. She was young, and pretty cute. It was fun while it lasted.

But within the past year or so, I've gotten more into fitness and exercise, which is both good and bad. I see, talked to, and have met some incredible people both online and in real life who have tons more in common with me. So now my views on women have changed quite a bit. I find ones that take care of themselves, and actually work hard to look good, a lot more appealing then the average person. It goes to say a lot about someone and their lifestyle if they put forth the kinda effort that most of us on here do.

So I now have this thing for fit chicks.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I got divorced in February...so...7 months. I dated a few guys since the divorce but none became my bf. Being single isn't all that fun to me....I was part of a couple for nearly 11 years. I'm 26 and a single mom and having to fully start over. My self confidence is gone due to my ex husbands comments and I'm just learning to accept the stretchmarks and skin left over from pregnancy. It seems that the men I've been with are superficial because not a one could look at my stomach...at least they never commented on it like my ex husband did. Oh well...there is a man out there for me...maybe I'll find him one day.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    long enough to know I'm just fine with that~