How long have you been single for?

Options

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I've only been single for a week, but before that it had been many years! I don't *like* being single because I love having a relationship and someone to nuggle with and talk about our days and watch tv, but at the same time, I'd rather be single than in a bad relationship.

This is exactly how I feel!
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have always been single :smile: Dated few times, but nothing serious. and yes, I'm 26 :laugh:

25 and in the same boat. Been single so long, not sure what I would do if I wasn't.

29 and ditto

Turning 29 in December & I'm in the same boat :)

Oh wow, this boat is pretty full :) I thought I was the only one :tongue:
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Almost 2 years.... came out of a 10 year marriage during which time I lost sight of myself and so have really enjoyed the last couple of years re-discovering me!!

I'm in no particular rush to "not be single" but I'm an affectionate person, so I miss having someone to snuggle with, or wake up next to, someone to spend those lazy Sunday afternoons under a duvet watching movies with.
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    A few months and still feeling the heartache! :(
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Since september 10, 2007. In my 30 years I've only had one boyfriend and it was for a total of 13 mos.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    ooohh...coming up to 12 years or so. Ex2 was abusive so I haven't been keen to try again, and there are a lot of factors as to why. Like some others have said, people tend to prefer the ahem..slender ones. I also take offence to being labeled as a BBW. In my mind, I'm not big enough to be "big", and not skinny enough to be um..not big.

I'm ok being single, but there are days/weeks when I would kill to have a special someone (just not a 24/7 live in special someone, that would drive me batty). Sleepovers and doing things together sounds just fine.
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Since i started dating (at 15ish, 7 years ago) i have only really been single for about 4 months twice! I don't know why, i never seem to want a boyfriend, they just seem to appear and i settle for a little while and get bored and move on. They have never really been serious but i have been with my lovely boyfriend now for 3 years and it has been great. He has helped me through a lot of things and cannot imagine being without him. I have also, not had a bad relationship so have been equally happy in as well as out of one.
    But i have found myself becoming a bit of a wimp, i got too used having someone around to do things with! Not wanting to do things by myself, only going places if others are going with me, not cooking properly if im by myself. My boyfriend is moving away with the army soon so i'm trying to toughen up, i've joined a pole dancing class and am embracing being home alone when he is away working. So...i guess i'm trying to get used to living as a single person (but not dating others!) and so far it's not too bad!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    6 months, but in my entire life? i've only had 1 boyfriend (for 1 year).
    I date a lot, I just dont.... like dating
    does that sound bad?
    I'm just wayyy to focused on myself and what I want right now to invest in someone else.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've learned since being chunky, alot of guys wanna get it on, but they don't wanna date me. THAT, I will never understand. (I don't give it to them, by the way. Most of them anyway ;) )
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Separated in January, divorced in July and my 'ex' passed away in Sept. However, due to his prescription drug abuse and health issues, I had felt single for much longer.....so the answer could range anywhere from 5 years to a few months.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've learned since being chunky, alot of guys wanna get it on, but they don't wanna date me. THAT, I will never understand. (I don't give it to them, by the way. Most of them anyway ;) )

I think guys act like that, because secretly (and biologically) they like girls with some thing to hold on to, but society TELLS them that sticks are in.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I noticed there are a few Single People threads, so was curious how long each of you has been single for and why!

I have been single for around 8 months, because I needed some time to be single and I am in a bit of a love triangle.

Is the third part of the triangle Oil? Sorry, couldn't resist punning your username :D

I've been single for over 10 years. Just now getting back into Dating again.

For those who mention that they got no interest before when they were fat, but do now that they are in better shape. Have you considered that it might be more than just physical appearance? We are usually more self-confident and like ourselves better when we know we are actively trying to be fit and healthy. Perhaps they are at least in part attracted to you now because of that?
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've only been single for a week, but before that it had been many years! I don't *like* being single because I love having a relationship and someone to nuggle with and talk about our days and watch tv, but at the same time, I'd rather be single than in a bad relationship.

This is exactly how I feel!

Me too
  • SCR56
    SCR56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    so after reading the comments on this thread it sure would be nice to hear some folks with positive things to say about relationships...

I am in a wonderfully supportive relationship!! I was with my ex husband for 8 years.... and it was not that bad, but it sure wasn't great, sometimes borderline good. I finally left him because the thought of being with him for the rest of my life was just too exhausting. So after kissing many frogs, I have finally found my prince. (Cheesy... I know... but it's true) We have been together for three years. Not very long, but long enough to know that he supports me, encourages me, and is always there for me. For the first time in my life I feel that I have a real partner. He also tells me when I'm not realistic, he really keeps me grounded.
  • kayla220220
    Options
    i am 18 years old and have been single for18 yrs lol
    I think i give off an standoffish vibe
    but im working on it
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    All my life, haha. Why? If only I knew...
  • Estela565
    Options
    Well depends if it's cronologically speaking I've been for 6 mo
    If you are talking emotionally wise I've been for 7 years
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I've been single about 7-8 months. Why? Because I've grown to accept that most people can't handle me. I have all my *kitten* together and I want my partner to have his together as well. You'd think this would be easier to come by, but it's not.

That, and apparently the guys who think they can handle me live all the way in California. *evil eye*
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My whole life.

...this needs to change.
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been single about 7-8 months. Why? Because I've grown to accept that most people can't handle me. I have all my *kitten* together and I want my partner to have his together as well. You'd think this would be easier to come by, but it's not.

That, and apparently the guys who think they can handle me live all the way in California. *evil eye*

I totally get that.... I've spent time figuring out me, I'm strong and confident in who I am and apparantly that is now more of an issue when I was scared and insecure!! LOL!! I know that I expect people to live up to the same standards that I hold myself up to, but its no easy find, and I'm not prepared to settle.