How long have you been single for?

Options
i_love_vinegar
i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
I noticed there are a few Single People threads, so was curious how long each of you has been single for and why!

I have been single for around 8 months, because I needed some time to be single and I am in a bit of a love triangle.

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Love triangle? Gosh you must lead an exciting life haha. I feel like shaking my boyfriend at the moment. You got the right idea girl haha x
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have been single for.. 17 months D: eeep....

noone was ever interested in me when i was fat but i swear now i'm getting a bit skinnier everyone wants to go out with me LOL some people can be so shallow.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    10 yrs...lack of confidence / appeal
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    10 months, I got cheated on :(

But I couldn't have a care in the world in terms of being single, I enjoy it.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    almost 3 years. i love being single, plus i'm only 20 so what do i need a boyfriend for?
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For the greater part of my life - unless you count two 3 month relationships and one 6 month relationship. :laugh:

Pretty much the same as BeautyFromPain, so one was really ever interested in me when I was fat. If anything losing weight has made it even tougher for people who might be interested, especially those who knew me while I was fat. Because now in the back of my head I think "why now? I was invisible before" and I guess it leads me to think that they're not genuine.

But at the end of the day, I'm doing this for me so the extra flattery along the way doesn't hurt I :happy:
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    3 years! Haven't found anyone that I want to spend loads of time with and quite happy on my own. :D
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Just about two years- and I'm done "dating" too! It's just too much work and people are disappointing. Instead I'm focusing on ME :) Bein' a bit selfish while I can!
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been "single" since.. 1995. A couple of short term things but nothing you could call a "relationship". Guess I'm just too much like hard work lol

:noway:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    For the greater part of my life

What @Healthieramanda said....

My last "relationship" ended in 2006. The weight piled on and the confidence plummeted. TBH no one has ever shown any interest and if I show any interest in a guy, they're breaking light-speed to get away...
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've never been in a relationship before...so I've always been single.
  • GirlieMutant
    Options
    I have never had a boyfriend/girlfriend.
    Never actually wanted to. It's too complicated, I have enough problems as it is.
    I'm 20, if I ever run into someone I really LIKE maybe, but I don't really plan on it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Uhh.
    Well.
    I guess that depends on what we consider single.
    As in, when was I in my last SERIOUS relationship? About 9 months.
    When was I last someone's "girlfriend"? About 3 months.
    When was I last dating someone? Now.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Long enough to know I prefer being single....the bed is all mine, no nasty niffs emanating from under the bed clothes, no arguments...bliss, I am the boss of me!
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    almost 3 years. i love being single, plus i'm only 20 so what do i need a boyfriend for?

this is such a great outlook! So many times I see women so desperate not to be single that they stay with the wrong guy.
    As for me, I turn 30 next year and I've been single for about a year and a half (boyfriend cheated - for the whole of our relationship, so I'm happy being single for now)
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have always been single :smile: Dated few times, but nothing serious. and yes, I'm 26 :laugh:
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    About three years. I am very happy being single but my friends cant understand it and are always trying to set me up with people. I wonder why it is that people get uncomfortable when people say they are happy being single.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm married but 'single'..if that makes any sense? That doesn't mean I would ever entertain a relationship outside of my marriage that goes beyond genuine friendship, I'm afraid I am one of those who bought into the whole '' for better and worse'' part of the promise...but guess what I am saying is that being 'single' isn't such a bad thing to be...everyone needs somebody and there's somebody for everybody...if that makes sense?
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    10 yrs...lack of confidence / appeal

same except this is my whole life basically
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have always been single :smile: Dated few times, but nothing serious. and yes, I'm 26 :laugh:

25 and in the same boat. Been single so long, not sure what I would do if I wasn't.