How long have you been single for?

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    was married almost 3.5 years.
    left at the end of last year.
    been alone since then, with the exception of a handful of not-so-serious trysts here and there.
    i love it.
    i've actually forgotten what it's like to come home to a house shared with another person. i don't recall how it feels to wake up in the middle of the night and have someone else sprawled out on the other half of the bed, or untangling limbs to try and regain my space...
    i don't miss cooking for two or more, and taking everyone's dietary preferences and schedules into consideration. nor do i miss scheduling bathtime around the whims of the small gas-powered hot water heater.

not to say that i plan to be this way forever, but for now... i'm happily content. ♥

Untangling limbs can be just as fun as getting them tangled. ;)
    And two people cooking for two is by far more rewarding than one doing all the cooking all the time
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I noticed there are a few Single People threads, so was curious how long each of you has been single for and why!

I have been single for around 8 months, because I needed some time to be single and I am in a bit of a love triangle.

Been Single for a couple of weeks. REASON: He was confused! I don't know what exactly that means in guys speak thats all he said. He couldnt even break up with me just didnt call me anymore. When I went to pick up my stuff, I asked him why he couldnt talk to me and he said "I dont want to argue (in 9 months we hadnt ever had a real arguement) I'm confused"
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've been boyfriendless for a while now. I'm not exactly single, lol. I date quite a bit. I love my life the way it is.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    single for most of my life. Reason? Never found the right woman to settle down with
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    7 months. he wanted a divorce so he's getting one :) best thing for me and my daughter actually.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Trust me, being single is far from the worst option. At least you have the benefits of being single, i.e. do what you want, when you want, no ties, etc.

I'm currently married, however...

I have none of the good points being in a couple should bring, nor what being single would bring.

I have all of the downsides of BOTH being in a couple, and being single.

How the hell did this happen?

I have the downsides of both, and the upsides of neither...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I've been single since 7:30 am last Saturday. My wife will be back on Thursday. Gotta wash the sheets and remove any incriminating evidence on Wednesday.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am in what I consider a failing relationship so I am almost single :(
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    single for most of my life. Reason? Never found the right woman to settle down with

that's a damn good reason.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have been single along time. Have been overweight my whole life so find it hard to get out and date.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I noticed there are a few Single People threads, so was curious how long each of you has been single for and why!

I have been single for around 8 months, because I needed some time to be single and I am in a bit of a love triangle.

Been Single for a couple of weeks. REASON: He was confused! I don't know what exactly that means in guys speak thats all he said. He couldnt even break up with me just didnt call me anymore. When I went to pick up my stuff, I asked him why he couldnt talk to me and he said "I dont want to argue (in 9 months we hadnt ever had a real arguement) I'm confused"
    Sounds like confused means he didn't have the required man parts to have a real conversation with you. Unlikely that he will have them in the next relationship he has either.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    In two days, it will be 13 years. And I like it like that.
    That was one hell of a divorce!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

Such a real answer. I like. You will find the right woman one day! It's good that your patient!
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    Officially I couldn't say, since my last ex and i were off and on.. I'd figure since last november was things went really kaput, so coming up on a year. Have had much longer periods of singleness though.
  • rockchick90
    Options
    all my life bar 7 months :P been single for 2 months since my bf broke up with me having a mid life crisis at uni haha
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options

Such a real answer. I like. You will find the right woman one day! It's good that your patient!

Well when or if shes comes along, I could only hope that she looks something like you ;)
  • rockchick90
    Options
    About 2 months now.... Only had one boyfriend ever... Lol and now I dont know how to date...Never been on one as a single person before lol....

im the exact same!!! i know how u feel haha
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Pushing 2 years since the divorce was finallized. She actually left April of 2009 because she wasn't "having fun". We just had our first wedding anniversary.

I got the house and the lion's share of the pets... So I didn't end up so bad.

I am trying to find a relationship though, tired of cooking for one as was mentioned previously in the thread.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Oh don't remind me! I was married 35 years ago the 18th of this month! ---But I celebrate my divorce daily!:devil:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Sounds like confused means he didn't have the required man parts to have a real conversation with you. Unlikely that he will have them in the next relationship he has either.

No he didn't BUT it's okay I am doing very well being single! It's not like we were married. I have been married and divorcing my high school sweetheart was ALOT harder on me then this guy.