C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options
Here we go ladies and gentlemen....Can't wait to hear how your fist day goes!! Listen to your body today, especially if you haven't been exercising much!!

Replies

• ShrinkingTulip
    Options
    I just got this app on my phone yesterday. I was going to try it out today! I haven't been exercising at all, so this should be interesting.
  • cwglosin4vaca
    cwglosin4vaca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think I am gonna start this again today! I only made it to the 3rd week then I hurt my knee. Im better now so time to start again!
  • skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think I'm starting today too! It's so weird how you can always find people on the same step as you. Good luck everyone!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for all of to start this together!!

Incase yall didn't see the thread I started yesterday...I'm going to keep this thread going for the full 9 weeks.

Hope everyone will post what day they did how it went and how your feeling..I know we can do this if we all support and encourage everyone!!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to bookmark a thread? Im new to MFP online, until now I've only used the app on my iPhone.

I dont want to lose this thread so I can come back in and post each day I run.

Thanks and good luck everyone!!!

Sherri
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    W1D1
    In the 30 minutes, I did 2.2 miles (and then walked another mile home). I did day one last week- just to see if I liked it and I had a much better time, but today I didn't want to work out and did it anyway- so I have to be proud of that! I'm hopefully going to be doing it every Mon, Wed, Friday- but my plan is to work out 6 days a week- so we'll see, I might possibly have to make it Monday, Wed, Sat.

So how did everyone do????
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there is a way to book mark except that on your home screen it tells you what threads you've posted on.

W1D1---TOTALLY BITES

Well it really kicked my HINEY not sure why cause i have been doing some running (jogging) but I did it and then did 30 more mins burned a total of 655 calories today ..proud of that but SOOO not proud of my DAY1 it was pretty ugly LOL
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wooo! I was going to do this in the morning to wake myself up, but couldn't roll out of bed early enough. So it had to happen this afternoon after my dentist appointment (2 inlays delivered :frown: ). During the first run portion I was thinking "Oh this is so easy!" by run #8, I was dying. Right when I got to the cool down, I had the biggest stitch in my side, I thought I was just going to keel over. But I walked through it and felt so good afterwards! I stood outside in the rain for 20 minutes with my cat and drank some water.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Thats awesome guys! Great job!

I'm doing my W1D1 tomorrow, your remarks are a little intimidating but I'm going to try anyways. I've NEVER been a runner, and I think I have activity/exercise induced asthma from years of smoking (but I quit 6 years ago now).

If I experience trouble I'll get ahold of my doctor. I saw someone post on C25K website forums that she had the same problem and her doctor prescribed her a low dose inhaler and she's doing fine now.

I'll post how I did tomorrow after my run. Keep going guys!!!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I just finished and am going to restart. Did Week 1 Day 1 today.
    Instead I'm doing a normal jog/faster jog (instead of walk/jog) to try and improve my time.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Ok, I figured out how to "bookmark". I simply found the thread that shows all your posts here and then saved the web addy to my favorites so I can come straight to the C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11 thread and not have to search for it every time :tongue:
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Thats Great~!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try and probably do W1D1 tomorrow (T, TH, Sa), due to work schedule. Gives me time to download the app and music mixes I want to my phone. Good luck to everyone.

Troy
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    ooh i just started this as well, today was day 2 for me and was soo happy to finish again lol
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    For me , this is difficult mainly bc I still smoke. I know I should quit and I swear I try every other month but thats another conversation. So I'm doing well so far, just trying to pace myself to make it through bc I've never ran before (technically still not running but 4.0 is the fastest I can go without feeling like I'm going to pass out or have my heart burst through my throat) so I'm sure this will be a longer journey for me than most, but I'm hoping this will help me stop smoking in the long run bc I really do enjoy the sweat I get from it. Oh and I'm using a treadmill bc I'm at home with my babies all day every day .
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Downloaded the app when I got home from work at midnight. Was too excited to wait until tomorrow so just did it at 1am. LOL I have never really ran or jogged except more than 25 years ago in PE. I have always had a problem with shin splints so I was a little apprehensive.
    Only did 2.1 miles for W1D1, but no shin splints and my asthma only affected me for about the first 10 minutes. So considering I didn't have a heart attack, I am more than happy with the first effort. Have a great night/ morning!!

Troy
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Downloaded the app when I got home from work at midnight. Was too excited to wait until tomorrow so just did it at 1am. LOL I have never really ran or jogged except more than 25 years ago in PE. I have always had a problem with shin splints so I was a little apprehensive.
    Only did 2.1 miles for W1D1, but no shin splints and my asthma only affected me for about the first 10 minutes. So considering I didn't have a heart attack, I am more than happy with the first effort. Have a great night/ morning!!

Troy

Good for you!!! I'm so happy other people are doing this too! I was just as excited the first day I gave it a shot and did it at 5AM!
  • ahsongbird
    Options

Troy
    I almost always do my workouts at about 2 or 3 am lol IDK why but thats when I usually feel like doing it yesterday was actually my first day doing an exercise in the afternoon :P
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to join the thread! I started day one on 10/10. SO proud of myself for getting through the entire workout. Not as bad as I thought it would be but I'm thinking the coming weeks will kick my butt... which isn't a bad thing, lol. The Android app is awesome. I put on a really fun Pandora radio station, and the signal to switch never failed. Let's do this!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    For me , this is difficult mainly bc I still smoke. I know I should quit and I swear I try every other month but thats another conversation. So I'm doing well so far, just trying to pace myself to make it through bc I've never ran before (technically still not running but 4.0 is the fastest I can go without feeling like I'm going to pass out or have my heart burst through my throat) so I'm sure this will be a longer journey for me than most, but I'm hoping this will help me stop smoking in the long run bc I really do enjoy the sweat I get from it. Oh and I'm using a treadmill bc I'm at home with my babies all day every day .

You are on the right track Songbird! I know what its like to quit smoking. Keep moving, keep at it and dont stop!