C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    well looks like I wont be going on to week 4! I still have one day left of week 3 but I jacked up my knee at zumba on friday and it seems worse then better so I guess I'm going to give it a few days and then go from there! I guess aghh I hate this!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    W4D1 - done.... but very very slowly!!

I'm sure I could have walked faster but at least I kept running..... and I actually managed to run for 5 minutes!!! Amazing!

I run early in the morning and I find if I have a big glass of water before I go and a banana then I cope better.... if I don't have the banana I get light headed and feel sick.

Troy - you have no need to worry about W4 - you are running more now than you need to for W4 ..... I guess you feel you still need the structure of the C25K plan..... but it sounds like you are very quickly becoming a runner..... I congratulations on your weight loss.... it looks like you are really turning your life around.

Jenny - so sorry about your knee injury.... and you were doing so well! Perhaps you could keep doing W3 again but walk all of it if you are able to just so that you feel you are still on the program.... if it was me I'd be in danger of dropping out completely after a setback like that if I didn't try and keep myself motivated by at least doing as much as possible.... good luck for a speedy recovery!

Now that the fear of W4 is over I am actually keen for the next session:drinker:
  • Wesley1410
    Options
    I am back to MyFitnessPal after being away for 5 months. The C25K caught my eye. I googled it and saw exactly what it is. I am 43 3/4 :-), have been overweight for nearly 18 years and I am married to a runner. Aside from never being terribly athletic it is easy to compare my potential performance to his and think....I could never..go that fast...go..that far, etc. So I never start. I know that I will be several weeks behind the pack here, but I would love to jump in and start this week. I plan on running Wed, Fri and Sun. I am planning on taking classes at our local fitness center the other days with 1 off day or more general activity.
    Everyone's progress is so motivating.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Than, Lisa for the encouragement.

Wesley go for it. If I can do it, anyone can do it. All is possible when we finally get the right frame of mind. Good luck!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    W4D3 done! Today seemed harder but my left calf was pretty tight to start out with and I'm most likely in the beginning stages of a cold like the rest of my sicko family. Still managed to hang in there but I'm not like Troy....no extra running for me! LOL

Wesley-Jump on in! Every time I feel like giving up, I remind myself that my goal is actually to be a runner so I can't give up!

Jenny-I hope your knee feels better! Are you icing it? I never used to ice mine until an MFP buddy told me too and it really helped. I also wear a knee brace if I'm doing anything extra hoppy with side to side movements.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My cousin asked me to do a 5K with her on Thanksgiving. I'll only be week 8ish in the program. Scares me! Should I attempt it?
  • Troy67
    Options
    My cousin asked me to do a 5K with her on Thanksgiving. I'll only be week 8ish in the program. Scares me! Should I attempt it?

Go for it!! Might not set any records but if you are in the week 8 neighborhood I am sure you will do great!!!
  • 1960lisa
    Options
    Troy that photo is creeeepy!!! Is that a halloween thing .... or are you from a particularly disfunctional family??:devil: :laugh:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    W4D3 done! Today seemed harder but my left calf was pretty tight to start out with and I'm most likely in the beginning stages of a cold like the rest of my sicko family. Still managed to hang in there but I'm not like Troy....no extra running for me! LOL

Wesley-Jump on in! Every time I feel like giving up, I remind myself that my goal is actually to be a runner so I can't give up!

Jenny-I hope your knee feels better! Are you icing it? I never used to ice mine until an MFP buddy told me too and it really helped. I also wear a knee brace if I'm doing anything extra hoppy with side to side movements.

Thanks for asking its still kinda sore saw the chiropractor at our gym and he did a adjustment (he said it was twisted) and taped it he said should be okay to do whatever just to watch it during zumba again....I asked him about my heels and he said yeah plantar fascitiis and that I need to quit running till I lose some more weight@@ REALLY??? Please tell me he's wrong!!!

good job finishing!! I to have that could and its a chest one it totally stinks!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    W4D1 - done.... but very very slowly!!

I'm sure I could have walked faster but at least I kept running..... and I actually managed to run for 5 minutes!!! Amazing!

I run early in the morning and I find if I have a big glass of water before I go and a banana then I cope better.... if I don't have the banana I get light headed and feel sick.

Troy - you have no need to worry about W4 - you are running more now than you need to for W4 ..... I guess you feel you still need the structure of the C25K plan..... but it sounds like you are very quickly becoming a runner..... I congratulations on your weight loss.... it looks like you are really turning your life around.

Jenny - so sorry about your knee injury.... and you were doing so well! Perhaps you could keep doing W3 again but walk all of it if you are able to just so that you feel you are still on the program.... if it was me I'd be in danger of dropping out completely after a setback like that if I didn't try and keep myself motivated by at least doing as much as possible.... good luck for a speedy recovery!

Now that the fear of W4 is over I am actually keen for the next session:drinker:

I have no idea what to do!! I dont want to quit!
  • Troy67
    Options
    Troy that photo is creeeepy!!! Is that a halloween thing .... or are you from a particularly disfunctional family??:devil: :laugh:

You don't like my baby picture? LOL
  • Troy67
    Options
    Got home 20 minutes after midnight from work. Was amped up and decided to do my 5k on the treadmill instead of waiting for tomorrow to do c25k w4d1.
    Was already doing better intervals than week 4 so did 2 minute warm up and then intervals of 5 minute run and 1 minute walk. Shaved another 54 seconds off my time to finish the 5k in 34:23. 7 total walk minutes and 27:23 total run minutes. Time for a shower and an appointment with a shrink to see what is wrong with me. LOL I am not sure when I actually started to like exercising. Ha
  • 1960lisa
    Options
    I am due to do my W4D2 tomorrow but I will have to do my sons paper delivery in the morning as he is quite sick and needs to recover for his last exam on thursday.... so you have inspired me Troy.... and I am going to do it tonight.... I never normally have the motivation/energy to go out in the evening.... but if that ugly baby can do it then so can I!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 1960lisa
    Options
    W4D2 done!!!

I kept going and did 5km in 50 mins.... yeah!!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Great job Troy and Lisa!! Yall are rocking it!!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options

I'm looking to do one on Thanksgiving even though I'll wind up doing a lot of walking I'm sure. I figure it'll be a good way to kick off a day of food!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    well I went to go to bootcamp this morning trainor sent me home because my cold is in my chest..said it was a bad bad idea! Talked to her about the whole running thing and she agreed dont give up yet!! She said to get fitted for running shoes maybe even orthodics and if its still hurting ( hurting most days) then stop but she bets it will make a huge difference... Either way I'm on a break for a few more days So ill probley be about a week behind yall but I'm going ot keep doing this IM NOT GIVING UP!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I didn't get to run last night. Again, too many errands to run. We are trying to get ready to go hunting all of next week.

So tonight I planned to run. I was actually going to restart Week 1 because it has been almost two weeks since I ran last but just as I was getting ready and setting my music in the app, I looked at W2D1 and thought.. "I'll just give it a try. If it proves to be to much, I'll just go back to W1."

Well, it wasn't really much different, actually was walking more than jogging still. I'm really glad I just went ahead and did it. However, I'm really not sure how I'm going to fit running into "deer camp" next week. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be running outside, we were told that they just shot some wolves in the area a few weeks ago that were causing issues with the farmers. I would only have time to run at night like I do here at home and my dog is not going with us... probably not a good idea. So.... We'll see what happens.

Anyways, was a good run. Glad I'm back in it.
  • Troy67
    Options
    W4D2 done!!!

I kept going and did 5km in 50 mins.... yeah!!!

Great job!!! I'm telling my Mom you said I was an ugly baby! LOL A face only a mother could love. Haha