C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add that I hate stretching/yoga routines but I had to do one with my Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid schedule today and it was wonderful. My legs feel so much better!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Well, I got some cheap shoes as well as some arch support insoles at Walmart just for now and they fit really good, however I did not get out to run. Right after I got home, we had errands to run before Bible Study at church, then had to go get a few things for our weekend hunting trip. So I will have to run tommorow and yet another week that everything gets pushed back..... :sigh:

Oh well... at least I am still here and rootin you guys on!

Did you get the dr scholls ones? I think I have plantar fasciitis and was thinking about getting some insoles to see if that would help till I can afford new shoes

My dad has that and I probably do too. My feet ALWAYS hurt. They told him to stretch his feet. When you are standing you're supposed to lift your toes up to stretch your feet. It feels good. Try it!

I have Plantar Fasciitis but I cant afford the custom orthotics. However there is a local shoe store that I can buy these cotton like pads that go into the instep of your shoe with really strong adhesive to give extra support to your arches. I can pick them up for like $5 a pair. It is just a little shoe store, locally owned and the guy does shoe repair and leather repair. Find a store like that near you and the owner is going to KNOW what to do for Plantar Faciitis. He told me more do's and dont's than the podiatrist that I went to see that diagnosed it!! All the doc did was tell me to check with my insurance to see if they will cover custom made orthotics then make another appt with him to have them made.

The owner will also make a custom orthotic using a regular over the counter orthotic and building it up with cork. My husband has a pair he uses in his work boots and he swears they do wonders.

Anyways, if you can find a locally owned shoe store/repair shop in your area, that guy is gonna know what to do for you and your feet will love you for it.
    I only got the gel insoles for now, until I can get back over to this shoes store to get the pads. I would buy running shoes from him but I'd rather go somewhere that specializes in running shoes. He sells all different kinds. The running shoe store I'm going to is owned by a guy who has run literally dozens of marathons, was a qualifier for the Olympics and several of his staff are runners as well as coach track and cross country at local high schools.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    To everyone who runs at the end of they day- you are amazing! I couldn't get on the treadmill first thing this morning since my son decided to get up at 4:30 and cling to me until my mom showed up and I had to leave for work. I did W3D3 after work and it was much tougher convincing myself to do it, even harder than getting myself up just after 5!
    I'm planning to do another day of week 3 on Saturday and start week 4 on Monday. I'm scared of the 5 minute runs but I have to say I'm rather proud I've got to this point so quickly as it took me months last time.
    Has anyone timed themselves for a full 5k to see what your starting time is and where you end up?
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Did w2d2 this morning before my other workouts before work. No problems; even did an extra 3 minute run during the cool down walk....must be doing something wrong. LOL
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Did w2d2 this morning before my other workouts before work. No problems; even did an extra 3 minute run during the cool down walk....must be doing something wrong. LOL

awesome job you are rocking it!!

hoping to do mine tomorrow morning before zumba~!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Completed week 2 today!! I felt amazing! I ran through one of my walk intervals too, so proud of me. I was really feeling it. I'm telling you, Eminem's Lose Yourself is THE best running song EVER. It's not part of my normal playlist that I'd listen to on a daily basis, but there is just something about it that really makes me want to run my butt off!!! Hope you all are doing well. W3 starts Sunday for me :)
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Completed week 2 today!! I felt amazing! I ran through one of my walk intervals too, so proud of me. I was really feeling it. I'm telling you, Eminem's Lose Yourself is THE best running song EVER. It's not part of my normal playlist that I'd listen to on a daily basis, but there is just something about it that really makes me want to run my butt off!!! Hope you all are doing well. W3 starts Sunday for me :)

great job!! Might just have to download it!! Thanks!
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just completed W2D2 - wasnt as hard but I find myself counting the seconds until I can walk again. I use the treadmill and walk at 3 miles/hour and run at 4 miles/hour. Does this sound reasonable or am I way off? Everyone seems to be doing so much better then me by doing extra running...
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on their hard work!

I'm finishing W1D3 tomorrow and starting W2 Tuesday. YAY ME!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Just completed W2D2 - wasnt as hard but I find myself counting the seconds until I can walk again. I use the treadmill and walk at 3 miles/hour and run at 4 miles/hour. Does this sound reasonable or am I way off? Everyone seems to be doing so much better then me by doing extra running...

Everyone's got their own speed. I wouldn't worry about it. Just do what you can do!

Right now my brain is telling me to go do W3D2 but my legs are protesting. It was parents-play-kids night at soccer. I could keep up with them but between the sudden stops/starts and the uneven field (how they don't kill themselves on it, I don't know!) this girl is soooooorrrreee! But it was fun!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Hi there :) My walking is at 3.6 and my running is at 5.2. Just to give you some indication of me... I currently weigh 214 lbs, and am 5.5". But I think each of us have our own pace, so if this seems to work for you I'd stick with it, but maybe try to bump it up a little to see if you can push yourself. I find that the slower I go the harder it is on me, I feel it a lot more. But when I go at 5.2 (on about the 3rd interval of running) my legs get to this kind of good numb spot and I don't feel it as much.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    OK- have done two C25K workouts so far and planning my third for the week for either today or Saturday. It's so great! challenging at times but i feel really empowered when i realize i can and i AM doing it! Week 2 will be harder, no doubt but i'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred too so i've got a lot of challenges happening! feels good though. GREAT JOB to everyone! keep at it!!! so far i'm down exactly 3 pounds since beginning C25K. Granted i've been busting my @$s working out in other ways too but i can FEEL the running and walking making a difference, i'm beginning to believe i can be a runner again! i'm really excited at the possibility of running a 5K. i've seen so many people here do it, so i know i can!
    Oh and just an update- my speeds are 3.7 for walking (about a 16-minute mile) and a 5.5 while running (about a 10-minute mile) :smile:
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    W3D2 Done! My legs are still tight but I did it! :bigsmile:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    yall are doing so great!!

My speed on the tread is 3.0 and a 5.0 I tried doing 4.5 but it didnt seem much different lol

so I'm headed to do w2d2 and hoping my heels will be okay little nervous about it cause if their not Im not sure what i'm going to do, and I have to walk to the gym since my husband took my car so I'm really hoping they will be okay!
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Today was W3D1 for me. My heart monitor was beeping like crazy for part of it. I'm pretty sure it said the words "sit down or you're going to pass out." I told it to shut up and kept going. I did it all! I can't imagine surviving week 4 at this point but I'll worry about that next Wed. :drinker:

awesome job!!!

I'm very nervous about week 3 and dont even want to think about week 4

I was super nervous about doing week 3, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting! I didn't find it a struggle until the last 2 minutes or so and by then it's easy to tell yourself "It's only 2 more minutes"
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I had really enjoyed my run earlier this week and was looking forward to finishing week 3 between Thursday and Sunday...my kids have passed along their chest cold to me and now I don't know when I can run again :(
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Well I finished W2D2...my one heel really hurt but seemed to better toward the end Interval 1 and 2 were okay 3 was horrific and 4 and 5 ok and 6 was the best!! I felt great after number 6 which is weird!! The beginning of the workout I was thinking I would have to do week2 again but maybe not Ill do day3 on sunday and see how I feel after that!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    To everyone who runs at the end of they day- you are amazing! I couldn't get on the treadmill first thing this morning since my son decided to get up at 4:30 and cling to me until my mom showed up and I had to leave for work. I did W3D3 after work and it was much tougher convincing myself to do it, even harder than getting myself up just after 5!
    It's definitely a challenge, but once I've started, it seems to be easy. The thought of having to start all over because I was lazy is encouraging.

Has anyone else noticed that Day 1 seems significantly harder than Day 2? Obviously, it's your first "exposure" to the increase in running, but I always struggle through Day 1 but Day 2 and Day 3 seem to be a breeze. Maybe I'm psyching myself out. :tongue:
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Just completed W2D3.... and Troy I thought you were mad when you said you ran extra.... but then I found myself running an extra 100 metres or so at the end.... don't know what got into me! I just seemed to get more into a rhythm with my breathing towards the end.

Jenny I too thought I was going to have to repeat W2 again before going into W3.... but although I am a bit nervous about increasing it I think I might as well give the first day a go....and then if its too hard drop back.... better to push than to just assume you can't do it I suppose. I'll try W3D1 on monday.

I think I'm actually enjoying running!:bigsmile:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Just completed W2D3.... and Troy I thought you were mad when you said you ran extra.... but then I found myself running an extra 100 metres or so at the end.... don't know what got into me! I just seemed to get more into a rhythm with my breathing towards the end.

Jenny I too thought I was going to have to repeat W2 again before going into W3.... but although I am a bit nervous about increasing it I think I might as well give the first day a go....and then if its too hard drop back.... better to push than to just assume you can't do it I suppose. I'll try W3D1 on monday.

I think I'm actually enjoying running!:bigsmile:

Great job! I agree I will def try it before I hold back! Can't believe we are already headed to week 3