Replies

• Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Oh great, I'm doing w2d1 tomorrow. LOL
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Well I wasn't going to do W2D1 today but I felt so guilty because all I did today was Jillians 30 day shred so I couldn't stand it anymore and went to the gym and did it!!

I thought the first 3 intervals weren't to bad was pretty excited that I was hanging...the last 2 were so hard for me.. MY right shin was hurts so bad I felt like I was just dragging that leg!! and by the way I HATE THE TREADMILL!!! I barely made it the 2 miles this time.

I can't ever imagine this getting easier LOL (unless I weighed 100lbs les)

I did W2D1 tonight.... wasn't due to do it until tomorrow but for some strange, very unlike me reason I felt compelled to do it.... and I felt exactly the same as you Jenny ..... the last couple of sets were hard.... and I had to slow my walking down in between to recover to be able to run..... I did do it but I really can't imagine doing more by next week.... unless I have some sort of miracle I might be repeating W2 again. I did find that if I made sure I moved my arms quite a bit it seemed to help with the rhythm but I was REALLY breathing hard.:tongue:

Rest day tomorrow.... I will still exercise as I am doing my sons paper round while he has an exam.... but I won't run till thursday now.

Lisa
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Well I wasn't going to do W2D1 today but I felt so guilty because all I did today was Jillians 30 day shred so I couldn't stand it anymore and went to the gym and did it!!

I thought the first 3 intervals weren't to bad was pretty excited that I was hanging...the last 2 were so hard for me.. MY right shin was hurts so bad I felt like I was just dragging that leg!! and by the way I HATE THE TREADMILL!!! I barely made it the 2 miles this time.

I can't ever imagine this getting easier LOL (unless I weighed 100lbs les)

Jenny, it was hard but YOU DID IT!!! Great job! If running outside is better for you, find ways to make it work. If you have young kids at home, try to find one of those "running" strollers. You could probably find several this time of year on Craigslist.
    But you DID it! Everyone is so proud of you!
    If you have to use the treadmill, use a towel and cover up the monitor. Bring a book or magazine to place over it to look at, have music to listen to. I know some of the newer fitness centers have TVs all over the place. Just find something else to concentrate on rather than that monitor. Keep up the good work lady! You are AWESOME!!!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Oh great, I'm doing w2d1 tomorrow. LOL

You can do it Troy! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Remember, walking is NOT FAILURE! Simply for the fact that you are still moving forward and no longer sitting on that Couch!!!

Keep us posted how things go for you!
  • sherrirb
    Options

I did W2D1 tonight.... wasn't due to do it until tomorrow but for some strange, very unlike me reason I felt compelled to do it.... and I felt exactly the same as you Jenny ..... the last couple of sets were hard.... and I had to slow my walking down in between to recover to be able to run..... I did do it but I really can't imagine doing more by next week.... unless I have some sort of miracle I might be repeating W2 again. I did find that if I made sure I moved my arms quite a bit it seemed to help with the rhythm but I was REALLY breathing hard.:tongue:

Rest day tomorrow.... I will still exercise as I am doing my sons paper round while he has an exam.... but I won't run till thursday now.

Lisa

Lisa you DID IT!! I know its hard, and until we start shedding some more weight, its going to continue to get hard. But nothing truly worth doing is easy. I've considered redoing W1 just because I'm not sure if I am ready to continue on to W2, but I'm going to try it anyways.
    Look into some breathing exercises for running. Lots of good information out there.
    Keep moving forward! You CAN do it!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    So, i have my second C2K5 workout planned for tomorrow, the 19th. Today is only going to be my 30-day shred workout and some serious pilates stretches. i have a late appt after i get off of work. (get off at 6pm, appt at 8pm. In between have to run into town which is quite out of the way to pick up a prescription. Head to appt, out at 9pm, won't be home until 9:30, 9:45pm) WOW. that made me realize it's gonna be a late night! Tomorrow I will be able to get to the gym earlier (around 6:30pm) to pound the treadmill again. CAN'T WAIT! I love this interval training. i've really missed running and it's so cool to see that i can build up endurance without dying!!!after that, I think Friday will be the third for this week but might try and squeeze one in on Sunday.

Everyone is doing SO great. KEEP IT UP! Just when you think you're not going make it, say one simple thing in your mind- "(insert your name here), you've got this! The only thing that can stop you is you. You're almost there!" lol i talk to myself but you know what? i've begun to listen to myself and yesterday pushed through to the end of an elliptical workout that kicked my butt!

I'm so proud of every here for pushing past that comfort zone and challenging what you think you can or cannot do. We can be our own worst enemies or our best motivator. What will you be to yourself?
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    So, i have my second C2K5 workout planned for tomorrow, the 19th. Today is only going to be my 30-day shred workout and some serious pilates stretches. i have a late appt after i get off of work. (get off at 6pm, appt at 8pm. In between have to run into town which is quite out of the way to pick up a prescription. Head to appt, out at 9pm, won't be home until 9:30, 9:45pm) WOW. that made me realize it's gonna be a late night! Tomorrow I will be able to get to the gym earlier (around 6:30pm) to pound the treadmill again. CAN'T WAIT! I love this interval training. i've really missed running and it's so cool to see that i can build up endurance without dying!!!after that, I think Friday will be the third for this week but might try and squeeze one in on Sunday.

Everyone is doing SO great. KEEP IT UP! Just when you think you're not going make it, say one simple thing in your mind- "(insert your name here), you've got this! The only thing that can stop you is you. You're almost there!" lol i talk to myself but you know what? i've begun to listen to myself and yesterday pushed through to the end of an elliptical workout that kicked my butt!

I'm so proud of every here for pushing past that comfort zone and challenging what you think you can or cannot do. We can be our own worst enemies or our best motivator. What will you be to yourself?

Loved this! Seriously, thanks for the pep talk! I needed that going into W2D2 tomorrow. Thanks for the support you guys!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't have time to look over eveyone's posts right now but I will be back later to read.
    I did W3D2 this morning with an extra two 1.5 minute sets and an extra 3 minute run and a ten minute cool down. The extra was tough but I did 3.129 miles (I go on the treadmill) in 45 minutes.
    Even though I don't yet know what everyone's done I'm still going to say keep up the awesome work!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I was worried about doing w2d1 today but had no problems whatsoever. I think part of it was I used my asthma inhaler about 15 minutes before. So my chest was pretty relaxed at the beginning. Last week I didn't use the inhaler first and it was like 20 minutes into the run that my chest finally loosened up where I could actually work on my breathing. From now on always use inhaler first (reminder to myself. lol).
    I even did an extra 3 minute run during the last 5 minute cooldown. Hope everyone has a great, successful week.

Troy
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done! It felt challenging but great all at the same time lol
  • Olson87
    Olson87 Posts: 19
    Options
    W2D2 done! It felt challenging but great all at the same time lol

We are on the same day! Just finished W2D2 myself! Way to go!!
  • Olson87
    Olson87 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been doing it on the treadmill, but hope this weekend to try it outside! It's just so dark when I get home from work now, that I just jump right on the treadmill! We'll see- Wish me luck.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I was doing a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule but changed it up so I wouldn't have to wash my hair every day (how weird sounding is that). I did W2D1 today, right after work. I wasn't very hungry today, so I didn't eat a lot. What a huuuge mistake. First through third run, I felt great. It was the tail end of the fifth run where I started getting extremely exhausted. But I perked up and ran it home! A breathing rhythm is a fantastic distraction. Right afterwards I made an omelet! No more skimping on calories, calibri!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    can anyone suggest good running shoes..my sins hurt so bad when im running but only when im running/walking!
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D3 tonight. I had a little set back as I was doing the 30 Day Shred also and started level 2 on Saturday, my knees were so sore I could barely walk, no more shred for me. I gave it 2 days and switched up to Turbo Jam. I was worried about my knees with the C25K but I gave it a shot tonight and things are great! I wasnt as tired with the running, and didn't find myself checking to see how long was left on the runs. I can't wait to do W2D1 tomorrow!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I finished W1D3 tonight. I had a little set back as I was doing the 30 Day Shred also and started level 2 on Saturday, my knees were so sore I could barely walk, no more shred for me. I gave it 2 days and switched up to Turbo Jam. I was worried about my knees with the C25K but I gave it a shot tonight and things are great! I wasnt as tired with the running, and didn't find myself checking to see how long was left on the runs. I can't wait to do W2D1 tomorrow!

Good job...I also had started 30DS but with the boot camps I do on tue and thr plus c25k my knee is pretty sore to so I'm stopping 30ds also. I would much rather finish c25k right now!

way to push through can't wait to hear how your w2d1 goes!
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I downloaded C25K for my phone after seeing a post about it the other day. First day was yesterday, I was thinking it was going to be hard. Definitely makes running easy and it's like a pocket personal trainer. Can't wait to get my second day on tomorrow!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    I was worried about doing w2d1 today but had no problems whatsoever. I think part of it was I used my asthma inhaler about 15 minutes before. So my chest was pretty relaxed at the beginning. Last week I didn't use the inhaler first and it was like 20 minutes into the run that my chest finally loosened up where I could actually work on my breathing. From now on always use inhaler first (reminder to myself. lol).
    I even did an extra 3 minute run during the last 5 minute cooldown. Hope everyone has a great, successful week.

Troy

Way to GO Troy!!
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    can anyone suggest good running shoes..my sins hurt so bad when im running but only when im running/walking!

Asics come highly recommended, but I wasnt ready to shell out the money for them. I got a pair of Dr. Scholls athletic inserts to absorb some of the shock and support my arches instead. That plus some good stretches I found for shins on coolrunning really helped!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I have Asics Nimbus 11's that I like. Everyone says you should go to a runner's shoe store and have them look at your feet to see what kind of shoes you need. That's where I'm going next time. My feet always hurt but they hurt less with the asics. I have super high arches and pretty much only land on the very outside of my feet unless I pay close attention to it.