C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing great and keeping with it! Yay to us!!!
    I had a big response to a bunch of stuff typed up the other day but my son smacked in head so I never got it posted so I'll once more stick with Keep up the awesome work! It sure does make you feel good to see what you can do. :happy:
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Just completed W2D3.... and Troy I thought you were mad when you said you ran extra.... but then I found myself running an extra 100 metres or so at the end.... don't know what got into me! I just seemed to get more into a rhythm with my breathing towards the end.

Jenny I too thought I was going to have to repeat W2 again before going into W3.... but although I am a bit nervous about increasing it I think I might as well give the first day a go....and then if its too hard drop back.... better to push than to just assume you can't do it I suppose. I'll try W3D1 on monday.

I think I'm actually enjoying running!:bigsmile:

Great job!! I was surprised in myself as well. Sounds like you are doing great.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Did w2d3 today. Day 3 is definitely easier than day 1. lol I saw a lot of people wondering whether there run/walk intervals are good/fast enough or if they can do extra at the end or not. I agree with some of the other answers that everyone has their own pace as to what their bodies can tolerate at certain stages. I try to push myself a little more each time but know there is a fine line and when to stop, etc.
    I am currently at 4mph on the walk and 6mph on the run. Due to my history of shin splints though, I always start the warm-up walk at 3.5 and go up .1 every minute until I get to 4 before the first run. I couldn't start right at 4 or I would be quitting and icing the legs. So do what the body tells you, it knows what it is talking about.
    Felt good at the end of the w2d3 so decided to keep doing the walk/run intervals to see if I could even do the 5k. Excited to say I finished the 5k in 38:58. Not going to win a ribbon, but happy to finish and not die. LOL Would not want to try that on a day 1 or 2 as I am still getting used to the increased running. Might try to strive for that on all day 3s though. Would be a nice additional goal to keep my butt in line. Ha
    Everyone keep up the good work and try to make it enjoyable. I know you can do it.

Troy
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So I FINALLY finished WEEK ONE! :bigsmile:

Can you tell how happy I am?
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options

Hurray!!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Did w2d3 today. Day 3 is definitely easier than day 1. lol I saw a lot of people wondering whether there run/walk intervals are good/fast enough or if they can do extra at the end or not. I agree with some of the other answers that everyone has their own pace as to what their bodies can tolerate at certain stages. I try to push myself a little more each time but know there is a fine line and when to stop, etc.
    I am currently at 4mph on the walk and 6mph on the run. Due to my history of shin splints though, I always start the warm-up walk at 3.5 and go up .1 every minute until I get to 4 before the first run. I couldn't start right at 4 or I would be quitting and icing the legs. So do what the body tells you, it knows what it is talking about.
    Felt good at the end of the w2d3 so decided to keep doing the walk/run intervals to see if I could even do the 5k. Excited to say I finished the 5k in 38:58. Not going to win a ribbon, but happy to finish and not die. LOL Would not want to try that on a day 1 or 2 as I am still getting used to the increased running. Might try to strive for that on all day 3s though. Would be a nice additional goal to keep my butt in line. Ha
    Everyone keep up the good work and try to make it enjoyable. I know you can do it.

Troy

Great job troy!!!
  • jennysmission
    Options

wahoo!
  • jennysmission
    Options

wahoo!

Hoping to finish week 2 today!!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Just completed W3D1 of the C25K walk/run..... I was thinking how incredibly hard going it was and not looking forward to the voice telling me to "run now" for the last leg and then he said "cool down" .... I had already finished without realising it!! So I ran an extra 100m during cool down just 'cause I could!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Just completed W3D1 of the C25K walk/run..... I was thinking how incredibly hard going it was and not looking forward to the voice telling me to "run now" for the last leg and then he said "cool down" .... I had already finished without realising it!! So I ran an extra 100m during cool down just 'cause I could!!

Way to go!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Well I finished w2d3 today and I'm not to sure that I'm ready for week 3 but I'm going to at least try day 1 and then make that decision I just can't image running for 3 mins straight...

I do notice though that even though its hard for me to run the 90 secs that I am recovering a lot faster then before so like it only takes me 1 min or less instead of feeling like I'm not ready even when the 2 mins are up.....thats got to be a improvement I would think!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    W3D1 down - I totally didn't notice it was week 3 yet and I was expecting the week 2 run. When I realized it was week 3 I kind of freaked out because I wasn't mentally prepared for it, but you know what... it wasn't bad at all!! in fact, I ran an extra 3 minutes that I didn't even need to. Hope you all are doing well! :)
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    W3D3 done! It was MUCH easier than W3D1 even at a faster pace. I'm slightly intimidated by W4 but I'll worry about that on Wed!

Keep at it everyone!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    You guys are ROCKIN! I'm so proud of all of you!!

I think I'm going to go back and restart with W1. I didn't get to run at all last week and then went hunting over the weekend. I probably walked 10 miles over the weekend though.

You guys are doing great! I can't believe what I am reading here sometimes. I know we were all a little fearful of trying to run.. "What?! I can't run... there is no way" I know these are common thoughts all of us probably had at the very beginning and look at you guys!!

RUNNERS! KEEP MOVING!! :flowerforyou:
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options
    I started Week 4 today. I did great with both three minute runs and the first five minute run but had to walk an extra minute before the second five minutes and stopped for about 20 seconds in the middle to catch my breath. I was a bit off from actually doing the workout but I'm still rather happy with how it went. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to follow it properly on Wednesday. I went almost 3 and a quarter miles in 45 minutes!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options

You guys are doing great! I can't believe what I am reading here sometimes. I know we were all a little fearful of trying to run.. "What?! I can't run... there is no way" I know these are common thoughts all of us probably had at the very beginning and look at you guys!!

RUNNERS! KEEP MOVING!! :flowerforyou:

Everyone is doing so well. It's nice to have you all for motivation!
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    I was thinking about giving week 2 another workout or two but after reading some of the comments, I decided to at least try and push passed my comfort zone and try week 3 tonight. So glad I did! The 3 minute stretches were definitely tough (especially after minute 2) but as someone else said, you're huffing and puffing and wondering if you can get through it, and then all the sudden you're done. It was pretty great. Hope everyone else is having a good week!
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think my knee is mad at me! It doesnt seem to like this program. I'm going to give it a few days to heal and then I'll keep going.
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    W3D2 - done!

For the first time I thought it was oh so slightly easier..... did I just say that??!!

I was getting a bit sick of my music playlist today (lots of billy idol).... so put on my sons running playlist.... well amazingly just as I was struggling in my 3 minute leg one of his rap songs came on (we have a long running lame joke about rap music having a silent "c" as in crap music).... but it was so perfect .... it was you can be anything you want to be if you work at it..... just completely motivated me to finish that run.... then next run another rap song about running hard if you want the rewards..... again it just spurred me on.... now I won't be going out and listening to this music for pleasure or anything but I have to say it was very good to run to.... I can't believe I just said that either!!

Happy running everyone :drinker: :drinker:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    W3D2 - done!

For the first time I thought it was oh so slightly easier..... did I just say that??!!

I was getting a bit sick of my music playlist today (lots of billy idol).... so put on my sons running playlist.... well amazingly just as I was struggling in my 3 minute leg one of his rap songs came on (we have a long running lame joke about rap music having a silent "c" as in crap music).... but it was so perfect .... it was you can be anything you want to be if you work at it..... just completely motivated me to finish that run.... then next run another rap song about running hard if you want the rewards..... again it just spurred me on.... now I won't be going out and listening to this music for pleasure or anything but I have to say it was very good to run to.... I can't believe I just said that either!!

Happy running everyone :drinker: :drinker:

Great job!!!! I run to that music also there is just something about it that gets me moving!