C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Today was W3D1 for me. My heart monitor was beeping like crazy for part of it. I'm pretty sure it said the words "sit down or you're going to pass out." I told it to shut up and kept going. I did it all! I can't imagine surviving week 4 at this point but I'll worry about that next Wed. :drinker:
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Today was W3D1 for me. My heart monitor was beeping like crazy for part of it. I'm pretty sure it said the words "sit down or you're going to pass out." I told it to shut up and kept going. I did it all! I can't imagine surviving week 4 at this point but I'll worry about that next Wed. :drinker:

awesome job!!!

I'm very nervous about week 3 and dont even want to think about week 4
  • jennysmission
    Options
    can anyone suggest good running shoes..my sins hurt so bad when im running but only when im running/walking!

I have Asics Nimbus 11's that I like. Everyone says you should go to a runner's shoe store and have them look at your feet to see what kind of shoes you need. That's where I'm going next time. My feet always hurt but they hurt less with the asics. I have super high arches and pretty much only land on the very outside of my feet unless I pay close attention to it.

I really want to go to a running store and get what they say but I'm not sure i can afford it LOL
  • jennysmission
    Options
    can anyone suggest good running shoes..my sins hurt so bad when im running but only when im running/walking!

Asics come highly recommended, but I wasnt ready to shell out the money for them. I got a pair of Dr. Scholls athletic inserts to absorb some of the shock and support my arches instead. That plus some good stretches I found for shins on coolrunning really helped!

might have to try those untill I can fork over the dough!
  • shakemybooty
    Options

I have Asics Nimbus 11's that I like. Everyone says you should go to a runner's shoe store and have them look at your feet to see what kind of shoes you need. That's where I'm going next time. My feet always hurt but they hurt less with the asics. I have super high arches and pretty much only land on the very outside of my feet unless I pay close attention to it.

I really want to go to a running store and get what they say but I'm not sure i can afford it LOL

Go to the store. Get fitted. See what you like. Then watch for sales online. If you go through sites like ebates.com you can get cash back. retailmenot.com also has coupon codes you can use with it most of the time.
  • jennysmission
    Options

Go to the store. Get fitted. See what you like. Then watch for sales online. If you go through sites like ebates.com you can get cash back. retailmenot.com also has coupon codes you can use with it most of the time.

Ok thanks so much!! I might have to do it much sooner then I thought. I tried to do w2d2 today and my feet hurt so bad I couldnt even make it through the first run! Aghh so frustrated!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it on the treadmill, but hope this weekend to try it outside! It's just so dark when I get home from work now, that I just jump right on the treadmill! We'll see- Wish me luck.
    I actually like running outside at night. Granted I live in the country so there aren't many cars and no one else is out at that time of night. But on the same note, no one can SEE my fat body tryin to run! LOL

I take my dog with as well so I'm not completely alone.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    I downloaded C25K for my phone after seeing a post about it the other day. First day was yesterday, I was thinking it was going to be hard. Definitely makes running easy and it's like a pocket personal trainer. Can't wait to get my second day on tomorrow!

Thats awesome! Glad you came here to join us! I too was surprised that I was able to complete W1D1 when I havent done any running in years.
    The iphone app is really great too! I really like being able to listen to music and it helps motivate me to run. Keep us posted on your progress and make yourself welcome!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    If I had a heart rate monitor say that to me I think I'd have a heart attack LOL.

Glad you came out of it alright and didnt pass out! :)
  • sherrirb
    Options
    [[/quote]

Ok thanks so much!! I might have to do it much sooner then I thought. I tried to do w2d2 today and my feet hurt so bad I couldnt even make it through the first run! Aghh so frustrated!
    [/quote]

I know that is one of the only reasons I'm not very excited about running this week. Right now I am running in the same shoes I wear all day to work.
    If I have to, I'll go spend $25 at Walmart for some temporary shoes and get some insoles for them until I can afford to go to a running shoe store. I called one that isn't too far from me and he said plan on spending at least $100 on a decent pair of running shoes. This stores main focus is running shoes so that is where I want to spend my money. They look at your feet, analyze your gait and take height and weight into consideration when fitting you for running. That will be definitely worth $100 if not more to me.
  • jennysmission
    Options
    [

[/quote]

I know that is one of the only reasons I'm not very excited about running this week. Right now I am running in the same shoes I wear all day to work.
    If I have to, I'll go spend $25 at Walmart for some temporary shoes and get some insoles for them until I can afford to go to a running shoe store. I called one that isn't too far from me and he said plan on spending at least $100 on a decent pair of running shoes. This stores main focus is running shoes so that is where I want to spend my money. They look at your feet, analyze your gait and take height and weight into consideration when fitting you for running. That will be definitely worth $100 if not more to me.
    [/quote]

yeah I figured thats about how much I would need to pay but I wont have that for awhile!! Dont know that I can suffer through the pain till then =(
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Just in from w2d2..... so long as I don't try and walk too briskly in between so as to recover I can make the running ok.... although I really can't imagine going for longer yet.... kept the advice of sarah in my head... turn the negative thoughts around and say to myself i CAN do it .... it does actually help.... and also sherrirb .... one step at a time.

Will see how I go with D3 but I might have to repeat W2.

All the best to everyone.

Lisa
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just finished W2D1 - Little harder, finished it though. I think I need to drag myself out of bed early and do this in the morning when I'm full on energy!!! : )

Great work everyone!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    gonna start over next week, going on a fast tomorrow can't do much.
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Well, I got some cheap shoes as well as some arch support insoles at Walmart just for now and they fit really good, however I did not get out to run. Right after I got home, we had errands to run before Bible Study at church, then had to go get a few things for our weekend hunting trip. So I will have to run tommorow and yet another week that everything gets pushed back..... :sigh:

Oh well... at least I am still here and rootin you guys on!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Well, I got some cheap shoes as well as some arch support insoles at Walmart just for now and they fit really good, however I did not get out to run. Right after I got home, we had errands to run before Bible Study at church, then had to go get a few things for our weekend hunting trip. So I will have to run tommorow and yet another week that everything gets pushed back..... :sigh:

Your doing great!! Keep your head up!! Can't wait to hear how the shoes and supports help!!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    gonna start over next week, going on a fast tomorrow can't do much.

Songbird, sorry to hear that you are unable to run, but I'm assuming since you are fasting its for some kind of test.

You do not necessarily have to start over from the beginning. If you feel up to it you can simply pick up where you left off. But either way, I'm glad you are sticking to it rather than just giving up because life gets in the way.

Keep moving!
  • jennysmission
    Options

Did you get the dr scholls ones? I think I have plantar fasciitis and was thinking about getting some insoles to see if that would help till I can afford new shoes
  • shakemybooty
    Options

Did you get the dr scholls ones? I think I have plantar fasciitis and was thinking about getting some insoles to see if that would help till I can afford new shoes

My dad has that and I probably do too. My feet ALWAYS hurt. They told him to stretch his feet. When you are standing you're supposed to lift your toes up to stretch your feet. It feels good. Try it!
  • jennysmission
    Options

My dad has that and I probably do too. My feet ALWAYS hurt. They told him to stretch his feet. When you are standing you're supposed to lift your toes up to stretch your feet. It feels good. Try it!

oh will do!