C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Can I join this?? Or is it a closed group?? I will be starting C25K today with the iPhone App... But, I can double up to catch up with y'all...

And, congrats to everyone on a great week...

Don't double up. Just follow the program.

Momta2girls-Won't it be nice when running LONGER feels good too? I'm happy with myself when I get through a workout.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have a job interview today but will be doing W1 D3 after that :)

Good luck ON BOTH...and let us knwo how they both go!! GOOD LUCK!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Can I join this?? Or is it a closed group?? I will be starting C25K today with the iPhone App... But, I can double up to catch up with y'all...

And, congrats to everyone on a great week...

Everyone is welcome the more the merrier....

I wouldn't double up you dont' want to weaer yourself out!! If you did day 1 today 2 on sat then 3 on monday tech your really only 1 day behind!! Good luck let us know how it goes!
  • 8l4o3u5
    Options
    Will do!! Thx, Ladies!! : )
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Completed W1D2 yesterday; wayyyy easier than W1D1, but I did a few things differently than I did on Monday.

I made sure I drank a lot more water (Monday I only drank one cup, BAD; yesterday I had five cups of water throughout the day before I ran), made sure my back stayed straight when I ran (I tend to curve my shoulders in), and used a controlled breathing method (long breaths in through the nose, out through the mouth) while on Monday I was basically doing the ragged breath thing the whole time. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again Saturday. :ohwell:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Completed W1D2 yesterday; wayyyy easier than W1D1, but I did a few things differently than I did on Monday.

I made sure I drank a lot more water (Monday I only drank one cup, BAD; yesterday I had five cups of water throughout the day before I ran), made sure my back stayed straight when I ran (I tend to curve my shoulders in), and used a controlled breathing method (long breaths in through the nose, out through the mouth) while on Monday I was basically doing the ragged breath thing the whole time. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again Saturday. :ohwell:

Great job!!

I am almost 100% sure if I could get the stupid breathing thing down I would do sooo much better but for some reason I have THE HARDEST!!! time breathing in through my nose!!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I hope everyone elses day 2 went great!!

We did running intervals today in my boot camp class sure hope it doesnt hurt me for tomorrow...I have to say I'm not very excited about it!! Really going to try doing it outside and see if it will help!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone elses day 2 went great!!

We did running intervals today in my boot camp class sure hope it doesnt hurt me for tomorrow...I have to say I'm not very excited about it!! Really going to try doing it outside and see if it will help!

Running is a mental game. You have to tell yourself you are excited about it. You can do this!
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    W1D2 complete! I was tired before I started, but very glad I did it!!!
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I actually restarted c25k this past monday. I've completed it once and went on to b210k only to realize that I need to work on my form a lot before I increase my mileage like that. So I'm redoing c25k by SLOWLY jogging the walks and doing the actual runs with more speed and better form. So happy to be a part. Good luck to everyone!
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    Finished W1D2. Kinda thought I was going to die towards the end, but felt really good that I got through it. Turns out I covered more distance too, so yay for progress! Good luck finishing the week everyone!
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just found this site and how ironic I just started The C25K today.. I managed 1.92 miles in 30 minutes. C25K is an awesome program I did it last year and made it to week 6 then stopped. So I'm at it again and happy to have found this site.

Rick
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Just finished W1D2.... I thought it was harder too.... my legs felt like lead weights.... soooo heavy.... but i did it.

Unfortunately i didn't have my glasses on and I pressed a wrong button on the iphone app and it looked like I didn't do it!!!.... I think I've got it back on track but it doesn't show how far I went or any details.

Felling a bit sore.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Completed week one :) W1D3 done!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I just found this site and how ironic I just started The C25K today.. I managed 1.92 miles in 30 minutes. C25K is an awesome program I did it last year and made it to week 6 then stopped. So I'm at it again and happy to have found this site.

Rick

Welcome aboard Rick! Nice job on your run today!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Just finished W1D2.... I thought it was harder too.... my legs felt like lead weights.... soooo heavy.... but i did it.

Unfortunately i didn't have my glasses on and I pressed a wrong button on the iphone app and it looked like I didn't do it!!!.... I think I've got it back on track but it doesn't show how far I went or any details.

Felling a bit sore.
    Way to push through i t Lisa! Dont stop! keep moving!!!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone so far on all the hard work!!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    :bigsmile: Its a couple of hours after I posted that I did my W1D2 this morning..... and now I feel fantastic!!

I feel like I could go out and do it again..... I won't as my legs are quite sore.... but I might go for another walk this afternoon.

Still can't imagine running for any longer yet.... but I am enjoying it!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Tonite was W1D2 for me and it was tough going. I started strong but by the second jog session my calves started to burn. 3rd and 4th jog sessions I ended up switching back to walking just over halfway through. The last part I got a second wind and a couple of my favorite songs and I ran the entire way. I even did an extra min or so of running during the 5 min cooldown. I still had 10 min to walk the rest of the way home so it didnt matter, I wanted to make up for the time I missed when I stopped running earlier.

May have to search on the internet to find the bpm for some of my songs and make sure I'm picking songs with a fast enough tempo to help my motivation.

I didnt get a chance to run until after 7pm and it was dark. Although there isn't alot of traffic, I was a little apprehensive about running a rural road at night but I took a flash light and the dog leash is retro-reflective. It was actually better because I couldnt look ahead and see how far away it was to the end of the road and there were less cars and other pedestrian traffic. A LOT of people walk and jog on this road all day long. In the dark, no one could see me and my fat butt attempting to run! :laugh:

Calves are still sore, I'll have my husband rub them a little tonight for me, but overall I'm satisfied with my run. 1.7miles at 17.41 per mile. Definite improvement over my 1st run! The road I go on is 1 mile long. My goal to meet by the end of W2 is to complete the full 2 miles before I finish the 5 min cooldown at the end, then W3 to finish the 2 miles before I get to the cooldown.

My dog Summer seems to enjoy the exercise too!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Great effort Sherri.