C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I started this last week. Tomorrow will be W2W1 for me. I thought week 1 went well but I'm definitely not a speed jogger by any means. :)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I must Have missed the first post. What c25k app is everyone using? I started Monday and made it through. It was a true fight for sure!

There is a C25K app from Active.com is from the original C25K designers at Coolrunning.com.

It is available for iPhone and Android
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Hi guys - I started W1D1 the other day so I'll be on to W1D2 tonight or tomorrow :) I'd like to join you all so we can support each other. Thanks!

Welcome aboard Faery7!
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Ok, so today was my W1D1 and it was AWESOME!!! I've had problems in the past with activity/exercise induced asthma but had NO difficulty today at all!
    I took my dog with, she needs the exercise and could stand to lose a couple pounds, besides this might actually help her with her seperation anxiety by getting rid of some nervous energy.

I took the running nice and slow but it was still just a tad faster than my walking. At first I was thinking, Gosh, this is going to last forever! But after I hit the half way point and just listened to the music I was doing cooldown before I knew it!

I'm so excited that I DID IT!!!!! Yay Me!!!

Guys, if I can do this so can YOU!!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Jenny - thanks for starting this topic....

I have just got home from Week 1 Day 1 ..... can't ever imagine I will ever be able to run 5k.... I used to when I was a teenager but that was a looong time ago!

Looking forward to keeping up with everyone as I am reknown for never finishing anything I start.

Can anyone tell me how many calories you put in your exercise diary for this program?

Lisa
  • sherrirb
    Options
    Ok, so today was my W1D1 and it was AWESOME!!! I've had problems in the past with activity/exercise induced asthma but had NO difficulty today at all!
    I took my dog with, she needs the exercise and could stand to lose a couple pounds, besides this might actually help her with her seperation anxiety by getting rid of some nervous energy.

I took the running nice and slow but it was still just a tad faster than my walking. At first I was thinking, Gosh, this is going to last forever! But after I hit the half way point and just listened to the music I was doing cooldown before I knew it!

I'm so excited that I DID IT!!!!! Yay Me!!!

Guys, if I can do this so can YOU!!

Oh... One problem I did notice.. I live in a rural area and the road across from my driveway is exactly a mile long. I didnt want to finish up the workout at the other end and still have a mile to walk home so I turned around at the half-mile but still ended up going up a different road a bit as well. Well.. the GPS in the app didnt pick up on the fact that I was still moving and only measured half of my distance and pace: 0.59 at 50:35 per mile... so I actually did over a mile at about 20min per mile.

I will have to find a route that the gps will calculate the entire way, even if it means walking ALL the way back - perhaps I'll just count it as an extended cooldown.

anyways, thanks gusy and keep up the good work!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options

I have just got home from Week 1 Day 1 ..... can't ever imagine I will ever be able to run 5k.... I used to when I was a teenager but that was a looong time ago!

Looking forward to keeping up with everyone as I am reknown for never finishing anything I start.

Can anyone tell me how many calories you put in your exercise diary for this program?

Lisa

If you are using a Hart Rate Monitor you can create a new exercise (call it whatever you want) and enter the calories. Or you can divide the walk and run minutes. I used the walk 4.0 mph for the walking minutes and used Run (jog) 5.2 for the running minutes. Those are the speeds I went. They have all different speeds listed just have to search exercise. I believe the first stage is 9 minutes of running and the rest were walking. Hope that helps.
  • mrsmorganray
    Options
    I just finished week 1!! I feel great and ready for week 2! I downloaded the C25K app on my phone and it works wonders!! Good luck everyone!!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Downloaded the app when I got home from work at midnight. Was too excited to wait until tomorrow so just did it at 1am. LOL I have never really ran or jogged except more than 25 years ago in PE. I have always had a problem with shin splints so I was a little apprehensive.
    Only did 2.1 miles for W1D1, but no shin splints and my asthma only affected me for about the first 10 minutes. So considering I didn't have a heart attack, I am more than happy with the first effort. Have a great night/ morning!!

Troy

Troy, I saw your pictures and you are so inspiring!

Way to go on your W1D1! I'm glad to hear that your asthma wasnt a problem Keep it up! Keep moving!

Thanks, Sherri!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Lisa

I use my HRM!!

Yall are inspiring me so much!!! So glad we have this group!!
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    tomorrow will be day two!! i'm excited that this group exists, and i'm excited about the prospect that i may one day be able to run for more than like 1 minute without wanting to stop!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for tomorrow , it will be W1 D3 for me , I'm going to try to push myself a little harder and go a bit faster in my walks and jogs but we'll see how that works with my lungs. I may have to repeat week 1 if my lungs are still not agreeing with this exercise tomorrow.
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Are you only suposed to do 3 per week? Can you do this every day and go up a level each day? How does this work?
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Did Week1 Day 1 Yesterday! Couldn't do all the "running" at the pace I wanted.
    Day 2 tomorrow!!!
    I'm wanting to get my 5K down to 30min (currently 43min) at the end of the program!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Are you only suposed to do 3 per week? Can you do this every day and go up a level each day? How does this work?
    You are suppose to do the 3 workouts per week. If you complete that week without issue, move to the next week.
    Checkout c25k.com
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options

If you are using a Hart Rate Monitor you can create a new exercise (call it whatever you want) and enter the calories. Or you can divide the walk and run minutes. I used the walk 4.0 mph for the walking minutes and used Run (jog) 5.2 for the running minutes. Those are the speeds I went. They have all different speeds listed just have to search exercise. I believe the first stage is 9 minutes of running and the rest were walking. Hope that helps.

Thanks Troy.... Hmmm ... I have a heart rate monitor sitting in a box.... have never got it out.... perhaps I need to try to figure it out.

PS - you have lost a very impressive amount of weight..... well done!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day. Hope it's okay to jump on in. I'm really excited to start running! Do we post daily, or when should we update our progress?
  • GoneBananas
    Options
    I woke up at six to start W1D2 this morning, but it was too dark and rainy here in New York. Looks like day two is going to be pushed back til tomorrow, but I'll be cheering for everyone else who moves on today! Good Luck! I hope you're still not as achey as I am! :wink:
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    YAY! I found it! I did well yesterday. Not perfect, but I'm glad I did it!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D2 last night and felt great. Did this after my 30 day shred. Hoping to see some great results!! This is my 2nd round of 30 day shred, but the first time doing C25K, I think coupling them together is going to be great!