C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to join the thread! I started day one on 10/10. SO proud of myself for getting through the entire workout. Not as bad as I thought it would be but I'm thinking the coming weeks will kick my butt... which isn't a bad thing, lol. The Android app is awesome. I put on a really fun Pandora radio station, and the signal to switch never failed. Let's do this!

Great job Gonebananas! I think for many of us, the very first day is going to be the hardest because it is taking that first baby step toward getting our butts in shape. We want it but we fight it so hard because we are scared.
    Keep it up! Keep moving! and I'm so glad you are joining us in this journey!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Downloaded the app when I got home from work at midnight. Was too excited to wait until tomorrow so just did it at 1am. LOL I have never really ran or jogged except more than 25 years ago in PE. I have always had a problem with shin splints so I was a little apprehensive.
    Only did 2.1 miles for W1D1, but no shin splints and my asthma only affected me for about the first 10 minutes. So considering I didn't have a heart attack, I am more than happy with the first effort. Have a great night/ morning!!

Troy

Troy, I saw your pictures and you are so inspiring!

Way to go on your W1D1! I'm glad to hear that your asthma wasnt a problem Keep it up! Keep moving!
  • Bretonmka
    Options
    Just finished w1d1 today. so happy to find a thread where other people are starting too! Hopefully this will keep me motivated to complete all 9 weeks.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing great!!

Wow I can't believe some of you are getting up soooo early to do it !! WAHOOOOO!!

Hope everyone W1D1 kicks butt today!!

Day 2 for me tomorrow!!!!!!!
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app now - I'm both nervous and excited to start this!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I just downloaded the app now - I'm both nervous and excited to start this!

You can do it, just start slow!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • momta2girls
    Options
    I must Have missed the first post. What c25k app is everyone using? I started Monday and made it through. It was a true fight for sure!
  • adammccrady
    adammccrady Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody - - -

I also started C25K on Monday, 10/10, and was hoping to join the thread...

A little background on me... I finished my first round on Insanity about three months ago, tried to do some unguided working out for about a month after that... began P90X, but didn't really like it (way too boring!), and then after being inspired by my parents (50 years old, running up to 7 miles per run) decided to try running. And I absolutely LOVE it so far. I started C25K about a month ago, but then hurt my lower back after W3D1, so I've been letting that heal and restarted C25K this week!

I downloaded the C25K app for my iPod Touch (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/c25k-couch-to-5k/id301233668?mt=8). I decided to go with this one because you can use your iPod playlist in the app, and can post your achievments to Faceboot/Twitter from the app. I also went with this one because there's a Bridge-To-10K app that you can purchase that builds on this one once you complete it... nothing like optimism, right?

Anyway...

W1D1 - Felt great last night. Not sure how far I ran as I don't have an iPhone, so I don't have the GPS feature of the app, but I did feel really good. Lower back pain is minor - - - I'd say it's at about 85%, and I'm also working through spasms in my middle left (tingling feeling, not painful). I didn't really feel too winded, though I did get a decent sweat going. It was in the upper 60's for temp, so I ran in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. Did some good stretching after the run, and I don't really feel sore today! I feel like I could get back out there for D2 tonight, but I'm going to do the right thing and rest tonight!

I live in Iowa, so snow will be flying before too long, but I plan on running right through it! I'll have to play it by ear once we get to that point and see how well the roads get cleared off!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day of this 15 minutes ago. I used the app for ipod/iphone because like others I like that you can use your own music and I really like the interface. I struggled a bit a little over half way through but ended up finishing.
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow - that felt great! I don't think I could have done that a month ago! Looking forward to W1D2! : )
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is TOO funny... I just said today on my status that I was going to start to try to RUN... and I see this on one of my friends. I usually don't get on message boards.. But I am doing this starting tonight when I get home.

How are you all doing this?
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I must Have missed the first post. What c25k app is everyone using? I started Monday and made it through. It was a true fight for sure!

I'm not sure which one they are using on their phones, but I downloaded a podcast and put it on my ipod!! let me know if you want the site there are a few diff ones!!

Great job..I agree it was a fight for me also...I can run for 30 sec on 30 secs off all day its stretching it to 60 secs that is hard for me!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    This is TOO funny... I just said today on my status that I was going to start to try to RUN... and I see this on one of my friends. I usually don't get on message boards.. But I am doing this starting tonight when I get home.

How are you all doing this?

You can go to cool runing .com or google C25K it will give you podcasts you can download to your ipod or some phones have some apps

but W1D1 (week 1 day 1) is warm up for 5 mins....then 60sec run/jog walk 90 secs I think there are 8 of these then your cool down!!! hope this helps!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Hello everybody - - -

I also started C25K on Monday, 10/10, and was hoping to join the thread...

A little background on me... I finished my first round on Insanity about three months ago, tried to do some unguided working out for about a month after that... began P90X, but didn't really like it (way too boring!), and then after being inspired by my parents (50 years old, running up to 7 miles per run) decided to try running. And I absolutely LOVE it so far. I started C25K about a month ago, but then hurt my lower back after W3D1, so I've been letting that heal and restarted C25K this week!

I downloaded the C25K app for my iPod Touch (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/c25k-couch-to-5k/id301233668?mt=8). I decided to go with this one because you can use your iPod playlist in the app, and can post your achievments to Faceboot/Twitter from the app. I also went with this one because there's a Bridge-To-10K app that you can purchase that builds on this one once you complete it... nothing like optimism, right?

Anyway...

W1D1 - Felt great last night. Not sure how far I ran as I don't have an iPhone, so I don't have the GPS feature of the app, but I did feel really good. Lower back pain is minor - - - I'd say it's at about 85%, and I'm also working through spasms in my middle left (tingling feeling, not painful). I didn't really feel too winded, though I did get a decent sweat going. It was in the upper 60's for temp, so I ran in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. Did some good stretching after the run, and I don't really feel sore today! I feel like I could get back out there for D2 tonight, but I'm going to do the right thing and rest tonight!

I live in Iowa, so snow will be flying before too long, but I plan on running right through it! I'll have to play it by ear once we get to that point and see how well the roads get cleared off!

WOW adam thats is awesome your parents ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say also don't rush especially with your back!! You are brave sole to run through the snow LOL!!! welcome!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Wow - that felt great! I don't think I could have done that a month ago! Looking forward to W1D2! : )

Great job!! Every week I do something that I couldn't do a month ago.....its awesome!!!!!!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I just finished my first day of this 15 minutes ago. I used the app for ipod/iphone because like others I like that you can use your own music and I really like the interface. I struggled a bit a little over half way through but ended up finishing.

Way to push through!!
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I started W1D1 the other day so I'll be on to W1D2 tonight or tomorrow :) I'd like to join you all so we can support each other. Thanks!
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I started C25K last week, so I just did my first run of week 2. I would really like to hang out in your forum for support and motivation from other new runners if that's okay with you all. Due to my work schedule I'm not sure that I will always fit in 3 runs per week- so I imagine I'll finish the same time as everyone else.

I am not a runner. I have never been a runner. But I am going to see all 9 weeks through if this kills me.
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Hi guys - I started W1D1 the other day so I'll be on to W1D2 tonight or tomorrow :) I'd like to join you all so we can support each other. Thanks!

WELCOME!!!!!!! I have a feeling we are all going to the need all the help and support we can get =) I'm doing Day 2 tomorrow also!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Hi all! I started C25K last week, so I just did my first run of week 2. I would really like to hang out in your forum for support and motivation from other new runners if that's okay with you all. Due to my work schedule I'm not sure that I will always fit in 3 runs per week- so I imagine I'll finish the same time as everyone else.

I am not a runner. I have never been a runner. But I am going to see all 9 weeks through if this kills me.

The more the merrier!! Howas was week2?