C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't put anything up about my last couple runs because they were AWFUL. Absolutely horrible. I wasn't even going for three minutes on my first run without slowing to a walk and maybe 30-45 seconds for the rest of the time I was out. The only good thing about it was I was walking less between runs. I was starting to think about throwing in the towel or at the very least starting over.
    But then this morning was soooooo much better! On my first run, I ran just over seven minutes straight and made it over a lap (5/8 mile) without stopping! I managed to do 2.5 miles in 33 minutes with 22 minutes of running (warm up and cool down are not in that). I'm so glad I went out this morning. It was a great way to start my day.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Sherri- that's good you got back to it this week. Where are you from and what are you out hunting?

I am in Wisconsin. We are going bow hunting for deer. We've gone a few weekends but we are going for the whole week next week. Gun season is a few weeks away yet, starts right before Thanksgiving.

Maybe I'll try running in place for my C25k... not sure if that would work but its worth a shot, huh? :tongue:
  • sherrirb
    Options
    So, I haven't put anything up about my last couple runs because they were AWFUL. Absolutely horrible. I wasn't even going for three minutes on my first run without slowing to a walk and maybe 30-45 seconds for the rest of the time I was out. The only good thing about it was I was walking less between runs. I was starting to think about throwing in the towel or at the very least starting over.
    But then this morning was soooooo much better! On my first run, I ran just over seven minutes straight and made it over a lap (5/8 mile) without stopping! I managed to do 2.5 miles in 33 minutes with 22 minutes of running (warm up and cool down are not in that). I'm so glad I went out this morning. It was a great way to start my day.
    Thats awesome Laura! I"m so glad you stuck with it. There are always going to be good days and bad. Just push through it. I guess the biggest thing with this program is working on making it routine til your body adjusts to just doing it.
    It takes 28-30 days to make something routine and since we are only doing this every other day at best, it will take longer.

Keep at it and dont give up! Look at that accomplishment, 22 minutes of running!!
    KEEP MOVING! :D
  • sherrirb
    Options
    I wasn't going to..
    Hubby and I had fast food for dinner tonite and I knew it was a run night. I wasn't like super full, it was actually just enough to satisfy me, but it was still fast food. Then, of course, there was ice cream. DQ has Nutter Butter blizzards! OMG they are soooo good. So I stopped and picked us up some ice cream on the way home. I put them in the freezer and sat down in front of my laptop and hopped on the forums. Can you believe I almost fell right back into my COUCH POTATO mode!?!

So I'm sitting here perusing through this forum, reading what people posted thinking, "I really should go run". I believe I even said it out-loud and my husband didn't say a word. I had plenty of excuses ready too, you betcha. I'm cold. Its like 35 degrees (F) outside! Its too cold to run.
    Mind you, not too cold to want to eat that Nutter Butter blizzard that is still in the freezer.

Man... I almost didn't run. I almost sat here like a fat couch potato.
    But guilt is a wonderful thing. I'm sitting here reading about everyone else's progress and seeing people braving cold to run and how excited they were that they got past some hurdle. Aww jeeeez! I GOTTA RUN!
    So I went out and ran and I'm really REALLY glad I did!
    W2D2 complete.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Laura and Sherri and Shake. Good work!!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to..
    Hubby and I had fast food for dinner tonite and I knew it was a run night. I wasn't like super full, it was actually just enough to satisfy me, but it was still fast food. Then, of course, there was ice cream. DQ has Nutter Butter blizzards! OMG they are soooo good. So I stopped and picked us up some ice cream on the way home. I put them in the freezer and sat down in front of my laptop and hopped on the forums. Can you believe I almost fell right back into my COUCH POTATO mode!?!

So I'm sitting here perusing through this forum, reading what people posted thinking, "I really should go run". I believe I even said it out-loud and my husband didn't say a word. I had plenty of excuses ready too, you betcha. I'm cold. Its like 35 degrees (F) outside! Its too cold to run.
    Mind you, not too cold to want to eat that Nutter Butter blizzard that is still in the freezer.

Man... I almost didn't run. I almost sat here like a fat couch potato.
    But guilt is a wonderful thing. I'm sitting here reading about everyone else's progress and seeing people braving cold to run and how excited they were that they got past some hurdle. Aww jeeeez! I GOTTA RUN!
    So I went out and ran and I'm really REALLY glad I did!
    W2D2 complete.

WTG!! SO proud of you!!!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Sherri... WELL DONE!!!

To actually get up and go out to run in those conditions and with no encouragement from your husband - and ice cream beckoning from the freezer.... you should be soooo PROUD of yourself!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sounds like you are really on your way..... another day and another decision like that, and another one.... you are changing your life!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, Sherri! Now I try to make it a habit as soon as I get home. I take off my sunglasses, go change into my workout clothes and go to the treadmill. It's almost spooky.
  • Troy67
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, Sherri! Now I try to make it a habit as soon as I get home. I take off my sunglasses, go change into my workout clothes and go to the treadmill. It's almost spooky.

Way to go. I do that a lot of nights after work. Exercise while I have the energy. I might wake up the next day and tell myself that I don't have time, don't feel well, etc. If I string a couple of days like that together it might become a trend. Do not want to go back there. LOL
  • Troy67
    Options
    Officially w4d3, but doing my own thing as usual. 1 minute warm-up, 20 minute run, 1 minute walk and final run of 10:07. 5k total of 32:07. 30:07 running,2 minutes walking. Somehow have cut 6:51 in the last 6 runs.
    I wish this last 20 or so pounds around the midsection would hurry up and burn off. Would like to not have to carry it on these runs. LOL
    Everyone do great today and have a wonderful and safe weekend!!! Take care of yourselves.

Troy
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options
    Sherri- that's good you got back to it this week. Where are you from and what are you out hunting?

I am in Wisconsin. We are going bow hunting for deer. We've gone a few weekends but we are going for the whole week next week. Gun season is a few weeks away yet, starts right before Thanksgiving.

Maybe I'll try running in place for my C25k... not sure if that would work but its worth a shot, huh? :tongue:

Sounds like a good week! Wisconsin is so pretty. Enjoy your trip and good luck getting Bambi. Tasty.

And way to go on getting out for a run!! It's so easy to put it off; it takes a lot more to get up and go. Especially with ice cream waiting, although having that waiting at the end would be some motivation and a little less guilt about eating it.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options
    Officially w4d3, but doing my own thing as usual. 1 minute warm-up, 20 minute run, 1 minute walk and final run of 10:07. 5k total of 32:07. 30:07 running,2 minutes walking. Somehow have cut 6:51 in the last 6 runs.
    I wish this last 20 or so pounds around the midsection would hurry up and burn off. Would like to not have to carry it on these runs. LOL
    Everyone do great today and have a wonderful and safe weekend!!! Take care of yourselves.

Troy

Troy you are awesome! When are we going to start hearing about you running circles around everyone else at a race?
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options
    I had another great run this morning! I went further on my first run and in less time so 5/8 mile + 50 yards or so. My next two laps I did 1/2 mile straight each time and had only one brief walk on the fourth lap. I added on 1/4 mile distance as well so I covered 2.75 miles in 34 minutes with 24 minutes running (plus a 5 minute warm up and 4 minute cool down of 1/4 mile each).
    I figure I'm somewhere in the vicinity of week 5; my run times are a little short as are the walk times. I guess I'll be back on track when I can run for 20 minutes straight though I think that may take a while.
  • Troy67
    Options
    Excellent job, Laura!!
  • Troy67
    Options
    [/quote]

Troy you are awesome! When are we going to start hearing about you running circles around everyone else at a race?
    [/quote]

I don't know how many people I can fit on the treadmill. lol
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    W4D3 yesterday was interesting. While I was waiting to be picked up from the train station on the way home, I found a friendly, barely adult abandoned cat. One of the security guards at the train station told me some woman threw the cat out of a car (what the hell...). I ended up taking her home and was upset about the cat being abandoned like that (I'm such a softie for animals). Being angry about it really seemed to help: I made it through the whole session without any issues. I will probably redo this week just to be comfortable with it before moving on.
  • Troy67
    Options
    W4D3 yesterday was interesting. While I was waiting to be picked up from the train station on the way home, I found a friendly, barely adult abandoned cat. One of the security guards at the train station told me some woman threw the cat out of a car (what the hell...). I ended up taking her home and was upset about the cat being abandoned like that (I'm such a softie for animals). Being angry about it really seemed to help: I made it through the whole session without any issues. I will probably redo this week just to be comfortable with it before moving on.

That is great of you. You have a kind heart. I just want to do the same thing to the person that did something to a defenseless creature. Way to go!
  • Troy67
    Options
    Hoping everyone is doing great today!!
    Was planning on doing w5d1 on Tuesday. Woke up with some good energy today and said I am already ad-libbing the whole regimen with great results, might as well run today. So..just to prove to myself I could do it I did a 1 minute warm up walk and ran the rest to finish 5k in 31:37. Another 30 seconds off my time. Never would have believed I could run the entire time.
    So from now on I will just treat every run as w9d3 even though I have only done 4 weeks. Everyone improves at different stages. Everyone is different. Do NOT let my skipping weeks change what you are doing. I just have been lucky not to pull anything or have an injury. I pushed myself hard, but knew I could do it. A lot of my work needs to be done between the ears. If the intervals and weeks, etc work the best for you, keep at it. This is not a competition. We are all great. The only competing I do is with myself.
    Best wishes to everybody for a great week and I will still be here to update progress and root all of you winners on.

Troy
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Monday morning - W5D1 - DONE!!!

I was really hesitant this morning as I hadn't done run or done any exercise since last thursday .... and I have also strayed a bit .... so really thought I would struggle..... but I managed to run each of the 5 minute legs.... then did 3 extra shorter but slightly faster runs at the end.... so did 5k in 46:30 .... shaving a full 30 seconds off my last time..... but in fact even though I ran for 5 minutes at a time I still only ran 20 minutes all up... but I am very happy with that.

Still can't believe that I'm able to keep going without repeating any..... but this week might stop me.... not sure I am going to be able to do the 8 minute runs on my next day and a 20 minute run is just out of the question at this stage....

Lisa
  • Troy67
    Options
    Monday morning - W5D1 - DONE!!!

I was really hesitant this morning as I hadn't done run or done any exercise since last thursday .... and I have also strayed a bit .... so really thought I would struggle..... but I managed to run each of the 5 minute legs.... then did 3 extra shorter but slightly faster runs at the end.... so did 5k in 46:30 .... shaving a full 30 seconds off my last time..... but in fact even though I ran for 5 minutes at a time I still only ran 20 minutes all up... but I am very happy with that.

Still can't believe that I'm able to keep going without repeating any..... but this week might stop me.... not sure I am going to be able to do the 8 minute runs on my next day and a 20 minute run is just out of the question at this stage....

Lisa

You are doing excellent, Lisa. You just do what your body tells you to. Just know that you can do anything you desire with a little patience and a positive outlook. Keep doing the great work you are!!

Troy