C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Options

Replies

• LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I missed running yesterday but made it out today. I separated my warm up and cool down and did 3 1/8 miles separate- 35:54 minutes! I did 1.25 miles in 12:01 for my first run and would have been under 12 minutes but some guy had his dog off leash :devil: and I had to drag my dog away from his.
    Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Did 5K in 25:48 today. This c25k plan and all of the wonderful MFP peeps has been great motivation. The change-up to my exercise routine has been wonderful for the metabolism.

Calibri, Shake and Laura......you are all kicking butt and am very proud and happy for you. Keep up the good work. You ladies are awesome!!

Troy
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Knocked W7D2 out this morning! I noticed my left hamstring felt sore yesterday and was a little worried I wouldn't be able to run today, but I made it! It's crazy looking back when I started and comparing it to now.

Thanks, Troy! Are you using a particular method to increase your speed or is it just coming along naturally? I'm trying to plan ahead how to progress after Week 9 ends.
  • Troy67
    Options
    Calibri,
    Just gradually increased the base speed. Today I did no lower than 7mph with a few minutes at 7.5 and 8. It just takes me awhile for the stamina to build up. Hope to do most at 8mph in a couple of weeks. Best of luck you are doing great!!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

I would love to say I'm back to running and c25k but not yet =( I feel so off the wagon and having a really hard hard time getting back on between Londyns accident and thanksgiving and now her surgery is monday!! I need to get back into the swing of things I start out the day great then .....well all hell breaks lose LOL

Thank you all for concern and prayers she really has done so well i think thats why I dred the surgery so much you would hardly know anything was wrong with her...she does have her left hand back so thats great...her right forearm, palm and 2 fingers are what are going to be grafted!!

Sounds like you all are doing so fabulous!! Proud of you all!
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Jenny I hope the surgery for your daughter goes well.... my thoughts are with you.

Well W6D2 AGAIN...... I did the 2 x 10 min runs and then added an extra 5 min run at the end.... and all was fine.... but I am still very apprehensive about doing the one long run..... this is such a huge mental challenge for me!

I am going away this week and won't be able to get to a gym so will be running on the road or the beach and it will be very hot and humid so I think I will just run as much as I can and not worry about the program and then pick up again when I get back in 2 weeks.

Troy you are a champion.... I am so impressed with your running!! My 20 y/o son is very athletic (trains every day) and he jogs at 12-14 km/h (7 1/2 - 8 1/2 m/h) and then he does interval sprints at 20 km/h (12 1/2)..... so you are there!!!

Lisa:drinker:
  • Troy67
    Options
    Thanks Lisa!
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    W7D3-done! Took me forever to get to this one because I was still in a turkey/dessert haze from Thanksgiving. I feel like I've never ran before but I made it. Maybe the next one will feel better.

Calibri-Nice work!! I was thinking the same thing when I was starting to fade today. Remember at the beginning when you couldn't run at all? Kept me going!

Lisa-I don't know where you're going but I hope the weather is nice for you. We are on the verge of being snowed on and frozen. A hot beach sounds good! (With a few margaritas!)

Jenny-Been thinking about you guys today. I hope the surgery went well. :flowerforyou:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Just wanted to give a quick update! Londyns surgery went good...it took twice as long as they thought it was...3 hrs!! Longest 3 hrs of my life-The inscision is twice as long as we thought it would be and they had to do 2 more fingers then first thought...so she had 3 fingers done, her palm and her forearm...she is sleeping but when awake pretty uncomfortable! going to be a long week but I'm just glad this part is over! I love that little girl so much I hate to see her in pain!! I am logging my food today..but probley going to lay down with her forawhile...I slept maybe 2 hrs all night and we had to get up at 4 30 am I'm emotionaly and physically spent!!! Thanks for all your prayers!

Started to post this last night and must have fallen asleep...but she is doing much better actually to good she is wanting to be walking around and using her arm..which they dont want her to be moving it much especially for the first 48 hrs when the graft is attaching..aghhh tell that to a 11 month old !!

anyway hopefully we are on the down hill side now!! THank you all for your support!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Jenny-Glad to hear the surgery went well. I can't imagine trying to keep an 11 month old from using her arm! I hope she's even better today and you both get some rest. I know how physically and emotionally exhausting all this must have been for you.

Today will be the start of Week 8 for me. So far I'm moving at a snail's pace and I'm not even on the treadmill yet. Should be interesting later. Hope the rest of you are hanging in there! This thread is getting quiet!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing a fantastic job with their training. Keep up the good work during the holidays!

I'm planning on doing a 2.8 mile adventure race this spring/summer in central PA. I've done two 5Ks prior, but now I'm upping the ante and doing strength training another 5K training program to make sure I'm fit enough for it.

I've decided for the strength portion to use the Spartain Virgin weightlifting training guide. I've been doing it for two weeks already and already feel toned, regardless of the Thanksgiving feast!:-D

Shannon
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    W8D1-done! I had to really push myself to keep going but I stayed alive! Woo hoo!!

Sweet-Is that like a Spartan Sprint or a Warrior Dash or something else all together?
  • jennysmission
    Options
    shakemybooty--thanks we are def hanging LOL she is doing great...sadly to good LOL that is the hardest part she just wants to be normal aghhh..we go back tomorrow so hopefully they will give her some more freedom!!

Great job wow week 8 can't believe great job!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options
    shakemybooty--thanks we are def hanging LOL she is doing great...sadly to good LOL that is the hardest part she just wants to be normal aghhh..we go back tomorrow so hopefully they will give her some more freedom!!

Great job wow week 8 can't believe great job!

Jenny- so glad to hear your little girl is doing well! I always hear kids bounce back fast.

I had a great run this morning. I finally hit 20 minutes- only took two months lol. I did two miles in 20:16!!!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    Options
    Is anyone still here?
  • 1960lisa
    Options
    I'm back!

Had a fabulous family holiday on the beach (Byron Bay is the most easterly point on the australian mainland)..... husband, 2 sons and 2 son's girlfriends..... lots of fun, laughs, walking on the beach, swimming, cocktails, ice cream, too much food....oh, well.

I did manage to run every second day....one day I ran 2.5km along the beach in one go..... running for just 23 minutes straight.... it looked sooooo far on the beach.... I was amazed I did it.

Other than that one big run I mostly did lots of 10 minute stretches..... so just ticking along.... and managed to keep the weight gain from getting out of control while still enjoying myself and not feeling like I was dieting.... I have only gained 800g over 10 days.... could have been a lot more if not for the running.

I am going to get back to the gym tonight and see if i can manage 20 minutes and then start back at end of week 6.

Hope you are all well and running..... and Jenny I hope your little girl is on the mend.

Lisa:bigsmile:
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    I'm here. I've been sick and my kids have been sick. Today was the first day I've done any kind of workout in a while. Running is on the menu for nap time. We'll see if I can run as far as I could before I fell off the wagon. Let's hope so.
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    I couldn't do it. I felt like I had rocks in my chest. Tomorrow is another day!
  • 1960lisa
    Options
    I ran this morning at the gym.... a personal best for me.... 26 minutes running straight! I didn't manage to see how far I went because the treadmill stopped after 30 mins (I had walked for 6 minutes first) so I had to really quickly reset and keep running but I kept moving so didn't feel like I stopped.... so I am happy with that... especially since I hadn't run since last friday and I was really worried if I would even get to 10 minutes... seems I really AM capable of this even if my brain is taking a while to register.

I will run again on friday and I think I will jump back into the C25k program again as I like the structure of it..... I was up to W6D3 so will pick up there.

shakemybooty - sorry to hear you and your family haven't been well.... take it easy getting back into it... sounds like your lungs might be taking a while to heal.
  • LisaLittle05
    LisaLittle05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies (and gentlemen) I made it to week 3 in the summer with c25k but quit bc i couldnt handle the heat. It was 90 degrees at 8pm! Anyhow..I finally got a treadmill and started day 1 again today. I have to say, the treadmill seems to be a bit harder but I have my mind set up to become a runner! I turn 30 in February and plan on running a 5K in March and in April for March for Babies as my goal. My son was born at 24 weeks 1lb 5oz and I want to raise money for the walk again this year in honor of him. I am hoping that this keeps me on track knowing that I have a goal set. I was hoping that you all might have some words of encouragement or advice for me through my trial ;) NICE TO MEET YOU GUYS!