STOP FIGHTING!!!!!

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does an example of this "fighting" exist? ie.. thread link?

This is the message referred to in the OP, but it's locked now (just in case you hoping to join the fun)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365567-what-is-considered-low-carb
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents and it's not really worth a "hoot nickle" (Whatever that is!)

I'm not sure, but it's different than a plug nickel, and if you don't agree, we can fight about it, or I can continue to make this sentences as long as absolutely possible with the addition of necessary punctuation in order to continue the discourse that is really about nothing at all except my need to keep the conversation going.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I'm not sure, but it's different than a plug nickel, and if you don't agree, we can fight about it, or I can continue to make this sentences as long as absolutely possible with the addition of necessary punctuation in order to continue the discourse that is really about nothing at all except my need to keep the conversation going.

YOU FORGOT TO TURN ON YOUR CAPS LOCK, IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE APPEALING
  • k2quiere
    Options

YOU FORGOT TO TURN ON YOUR CAPS LOCK, IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE APPEALING

Now I didn't want to be accused of yelling. We can have a civilized disagreement that I created all in my own head from the original posting without resorting to yelling.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Wow. . get out of the threads for a bit and come back and low and behold hasn't changed. . I personally think if a person is asking a specific question everyone should do their best to stay on topic. . or go find another subject that they are interested in and can comment on accordingly. .

There is no reason for anyone here to be rude or disruptive. . we are all here for fun, fitness, and support. . Let's all try to keep it positive. . .or if you are having a bad day go talk to a friend or post your own thread about your bad day. . there is no reason to take it out on others. .

Have a wonderful day ya'll.:flowerforyou:
    I'd like to respectfully disagree and say that I think low and behold has changed. Maybe not by a lot, but there is measurable improvement, and I think we should be more positive about that.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Does an example of this "fighting" exist? ie.. thread link?

This is the message referred to in the OP, but it's locked now (just in case you hoping to join the fun)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/365567-what-is-considered-low-carb

I see mike was just trying to have a dicussion and the other two went on some semantic tirade.

"No carb is good! Your body doesn't have to have it!"

"Well there's no such thing as a truely no carb diet.........."

bangs head
  • _SusieQ_
    Options

Now I didn't want to be accused of yelling. We can have a civilized disagreement that I created all in my own head from the original posting without resorting to yelling.

Well, if you are going to bring logic into it, that's a whole new ball game. :wink:
  • kassandra81
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the forums. I've been a member for a while, but that was just to snag the ticker, lol.
    In any case, I really haven't seen too much that would cause me to think "wow, what a *****" lol or whatever else.

I did see someone post about something personal regarding their weightloss and ask others opinions and the first poster said "I don't think anything of it." .... I was surprised, but why would I be? Was it needed? nope, did it help the OP? Ah, no! Was it normal? Yep!

People on the internet like to type just for the sake of typing, not because it's going to do others good. It's an outlet for many and it all has to be taken for what it is. For what it's worth, I think this site is pretty nice. I also belong to a pregnancy/parenting website and holy **** - watch yourself there! lol
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Well....this went well......hahahaha

On a serious note, I am fairly new here. If I go to chit-chat/fun, I expect a little mischief. And...I like a little humor and sarcasm. But, I have found a lot of good information here and good friends. It's like any site with "discussion forums", some think they have all the answers and are happy to whip you with them. Happens in chat too.

But, I'm here with an attitude of "take the best and leave the rest". I don't feel the need to correct every little thing I don't agree with, and I don't feel the need to defend every little thing I post.

Welcome to MFP. I would pay a lot of hoot nickels for more people to have your attitude. Seriously.

Thank you.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    atspopcorn.gif

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    People on the internet like to type just for the sake of typing, not because it's going to do others good. It's an outlet for many and it all has to be taken for what it is. For what it's worth, I think this site is pretty nice. I also belong to a pregnancy/parenting website and holy **** - watch yourself there! lol

THIS^^^
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the forums. I've been a member for a while, but that was just to snag the ticker, lol.
    In any case, I really haven't seen too much that would cause me to think "wow, what a *****" lol or whatever else.

I did see someone post about something personal regarding their weightloss and ask others opinions and the first poster said "I don't think anything of it." .... I was surprised, but why would I be? Was it needed? nope, did it help the OP? Ah, no! Was it normal? Yep!

The nerve of some people.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    People on the internet like to type just for the sake of typing
    I'm just trying to improve my WPM...
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah, so reading some of this...and quite frankly, my head hurts. I mean, I get it, this is a fitness site.....the forums do contain some really good information...and some not so good info too. LOL We all know that. Don't read the chit chat fun and games board or some of the others if you don't want to subject yourself to something that may be deemed inappropriate.

Seriously, I don't think the forums are the site...they are a part of it. If you don't want to read, don't. Just continue to go on here, log and do whatever it is you need to do.

For anyone to say that they would not recommend this site to anyone because of inappropriate content on the forums is just silly....let them decide what is good for them...you are not in charge. LOL

Okay, so I guess I am in a nit-picky pissy mood but I just got annoyed.

Ho hum........off to find the pray for the boobies post. :bigsmile:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I love all of the tomfoolery, and would pay many hoot nickels to see it continue!
  • brendansmom1
    Options
    Well....this went well......hahahaha

On a serious note, I am fairly new here. If I go to chit-chat/fun, I expect a little mischief. And...I like a little humor and sarcasm. But, I have found a lot of good information here and good friends. It's like any site with "discussion forums", some think they have all the answers and are happy to whip you with them. Happens in chat too.

But, I'm here with an attitude of "take the best and leave the rest". I don't feel the need to correct every little thing I don't agree with, and I don't feel the need to defend every little thing I post.

Welcome to MFP. I would pay a lot of hoot nickels for more people to have your attitude. Seriously.

Thank you.

What is a hoot-nickle? LOL
  • brendansmom1
    Options
    This is the interweb...everyone is wrong except me

Thanks for clearing that up, B. We are now enlightened! :bigsmile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For anyone to say that they would not recommend this site to anyone because of inappropriate content on the forums is just silly....let them decide what is good for them...you are not in charge. LOL

I'm not sure I'd agree with that when it is a doctor recommending it. If I were a doctor I probably wouldn't recommend it either as there is a lot of nonsense posted on here as medical fact, by those that have no real medical knowledge. But they google the internet to find a study that they pretend backs up what they say. A lot of people are gullible enough to take that as fact.

That's probably more what the doctor was talking about than the chit/chat posts. Though I'm sure there are those that find that inappropriate enough to be angry if their doctor recommended it.
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    Um, yeah, so reading some of this...and quite frankly, my head hurts. I mean, I get it, this is a fitness site.....the forums do contain some really good information...and some not so good info too. LOL We all know that. Don't read the chit chat fun and games board or some of the others if you don't want to subject yourself to something that may be deemed inappropriate.

Seriously, I don't think the forums are the site...they are a part of it. If you don't want to read, don't. Just continue to go on here, log and do whatever it is you need to do.

Okay, so I guess I am in a nit-picky pissy mood but I just got annoyed.

Ho hum........off to find the pray for the boobies post. :bigsmile:

<sigh> I think I love you.:flowerforyou:
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    atspopcorn.gif

rofl - how do you guys find these things lol.