<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I thought of a question when I was running today, are you guys more motivated by calorie burn, miles completed, or minutes to log when you are doing your cardio?

When I was running (not running because of injury) it was for miles. But other cardio it is combo of calories burned and minutes. I like eating so extra calories burned more food for me! I do like to get in an hour of exercise in a day.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning girls

Have my English lit exam this afternoon and am dreading it!! have crammed as much stuff into my head as possible and now I'm just going to relax, have a bath and enjoy the day. be better if the novels and short stories we had to read weren't so ridiculous, but I guess thats what I get for taking a first-year english paper - damn me and my wanting to keep my brain active! bring on next year with my nutrition papers!

As for the question about running in terms of minutes/miles or calories....I'd have to say that I go for distance. I usually run the same amount of time each day but I like to see how many kms I can get for my time! I love to run, and I love to build up distance and speed! the calories are just a bonus for me :)

I'm thinking that I need to stay away from other threads on MFP, I just don't get the mentality of some folks - punishing themselves, trying to lose weight as soon as possible, asking for advice then arguing the point....I guess that it just makes me sad, that people don't realise that you don't have to starve your body to get results. Why would you want to punish yourself like that - its not something that you can keep doing forever, which is why so many people are yo-yo dieters. I don't know about you, but I'm planning on eating this way forever....not surviving on 1000 - 1200.....

Anyways, I won't get into a rant here

Love and lollipops

xx
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    For the question about running...I run for distance, since I am usually training for races. But the calorie burn, and resulting extra food is an added bonus.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I thought of a question when I was running today, are you guys more motivated by calorie burn, miles completed, or minutes to log when you are doing your cardio?

When I was running (not running because of injury) it was for miles. But other cardio it is combo of calories burned and minutes. I like eating so extra calories burned more food for me! I do like to get in an hour of exercise in a day.

^^Same for me^^
    More calories burned = More food to eat!
    I like to try for 45min to 1 hour of exercise each time. Or, I will do back-to-back exercises so my calories burned are between 300-500.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I think for me my motivation used to be miles because I tracked them and set monthly goals, but then with the way mfp is set up, it changed to minutes so I could log a certain amount, and now I think that has changed to calories burned, I like to see at least 400 or more per day because that changes my whole menu for the day and makes it much easier to put together meals/snacks. Funny how my perception of a good workout has changed. I don't really even care how many miles I go, I mean, I still look at it and think about it, but I am much more interested in my calories.

The calorie burn, definitely!! I love pushing "stop" on my HRM and seeing the number of cals burned! I know my expectation of seeing a specific number keeps me from quitting early.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Oh, and small NSV for me...

...today my BMI is officially 24.9 - I'm finally NORMAL...well, as normal as I'll ever be lol

I know BMI is a stupid chart blah blah, but it was one of my first goals.

So my BMI has gone from 43.2 to 24.9

Morbidly obese to NORMAL....woop woop!
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Congrats!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Well - my running wasn't really improving until we started C25k. I mean it WAS improving but it wasn't measurable so I really didn't know how much I was doing -- so at that point it was all about calories and minutes. Like I'd think "well only 20 minutes, that's not enough, I can stay out here at least 40) and do it. Now that we're doing C25k I kind of have to accept that the calorie burns will be less than my longer sessions (I try to do a little longer walking and stuff -- my bf absolutely won't stay out longer than me, its a HUGE deal that he's even doing this at all). So I *used* to be very calorie motivated, I'd look at my HRM and think "only 220? keep going" but now I am very distance/speed motivated. Since my runs are a strict 20 minutes with a 5 minute walk on either side I'm really motivated to get in as many miles as I can in those 20 minutes.

I was going to say something on that thread the girl asking about training for running had but she got so belligerent it didnt' seem to be worth it. 1-2 months of C25k would be better than 2 weeks of doing something totally unregimnented followed by 4 weeks of falling off the wagon and being lazy because you aren't following a program. But whatever. She didnt' want to hear it. Speaking of which.....
    I'm thinking that I need to stay away from other threads on MFP, I just don't get the mentality of some folks - punishing themselves, trying to lose weight as soon as possible, asking for advice then arguing the point....I guess that it just makes me sad, that people don't realise that you don't have to starve your body to get results. Why would you want to punish yourself like that - its not something that you can keep doing forever, which is why so many people are yo-yo dieters. I don't know about you, but I'm planning on eating this way forever....not surviving on 1000 - 1200.....

Yeah what the hell - I saw a thread today that was like "lose the last 10-20" and I thought it might be a nice addition to chat with some people who don't have as much to lose, but then in the original post she wanted to lose 10 pounds THIS MONTH! Holy crap - I don't even think its possible to lose the last 10 lbs in a month when your body has already given so much but if it is it will only be through ridiculous starvation. I was going to say something but that would have been thread-crapping - no matter HOW much that thread deserved crapping on. And sooooo many people were signing up to lose 10lbs that month. That's insane - I'm ok with setting your goals a little high and knowing you won't reach them but when you only have 10 lbs to lose, a HIGH goal would be 4lbs a month. Seriously. And I wouldn't want to do that either. i'd rather lose ONE pound per MONTH at this point than go back to feeling tired and weak and having crappy pathetic workouts because my body has no calories to burn! And I have 25 lbs to lose!

I also want to strangle some of my mfpals sometimes who are like "oh noes I only lost 1.2 lbs last week, I better step it up!" -- 1.2lbs is a GREAT loss over one week. But we've had this conversation here before I know. It just ...urrrrghhhh.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

...today my BMI is officially 24.9 - I'm finally NORMAL...well, as normal as I'll ever be lol

Congrats, that's awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    Options

Congrats! Its so neat to hit one of those big goals!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I think I run for a combination of all of it - but i think the best part is how I feel after. I feel a good, strong cardio workout ALL day. I did sprints this morning and I still have that satisfied lung burn feeling.

Love - my period has also been weird most of my life. I too struggled with eating in junior high (I wouldn't call it an ED, but I didn't get my period until I was 17). And, since then, I can just never count on when it's coming, how it's going to make me feel, etc. Like I said, this month just wrecked me - I had symptoms, but no evidence of it, for nearly the entire month. It sounds like the same thing is going on with you.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Small NSV? That is a huge NSV!!!! I cannot wait to get out of the overweight into the normal BMI!
    Congrats to you for all your hard work, keep it up.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Congratulations! That's hard work, paying off. :flowerforyou:
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options

I'd say that's a big NSV. BMI may be as arbitrary of a measurement as weight shown on a scale, but it's hard to let go of those emotional benchmarks. So what! Congrats! :happy:

I'm about as happy running as a bullmastiff being asked to chase down a rabbit. I've tried to get into it in the past -- even got down to a 9-minute mile at one point, which was a big deal for me -- but, alas, it is not for me. I get too bored. :ohwell:

Give me a good hike any day instead, no matter what the elevation gain is. :wink:

Happy to report that I went home and made the frittata for lunch. 160ish calories, 15g of protein, 10g of healthy fats, and 5g of carbs per serving. Boo yeah.
  • tameko2
    Options
    you could start doing trail running caveats. Running on a treadmill is the most boring painful thing in the entire world but I like running at the park or on the Santiago Creek trail.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    hey ladies. I've eaten well today. happy about that. did 8 mins abs, 30 minutes circuit training, and cardio. eating ~2200-2300 calories...I have to log the rest of my food for the day. I ate 4oz mozzarella cheese as a snack...lol. I LOVE mozzarella cheese.

What are your favorite cheeses?

Great job on all the losses from eating MORE...craziness but so wonderful!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Yes! :laugh:

I love them ALL!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Why not ask a Mom who her favorite child is?! :laugh: I love all cheeses! Sharp, mild, stinky, melty, creamy, crumbly... they're all wonderful!

But the one that makes my toes curl is queso. I don't care if it's junky chain restaurant food, I would do murder for Don Pablo's queso! Sadly, the nearest location is an hour away. I had no problem driving 30 minutes to eat there, but not an hour.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I just really love cheese in general, but my favorites are feta and pepper jack. Happiness.

So, I did a food swap with a friend who lives down South (I am in Maryland) and she sent me some goodies from New Orleans. Just had my first creamy praline...holy amazing, sweet goodness. Super rich, but super good.
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    Favorite cheese.... Munster, I love raw cheddar, too.

But I will eat pretty much all cheeses.