<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options
1656667686971»

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Please don't kill this thread yet - I joined the group but there's some kind of glitch and it won't let me post anything there!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I seem to be inching down in weight. This is so weird. Granted i have a "Deficit" each day but i was simply trying to account for overestimations in calories burned. Maybe I really am burning as many calories as MFP estimates. I will stick with this for another week and then reduce my cardio by 15 minutes.
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies

I do try keep up but this thread moves fast!! I had a pretty bad weekend eating wise. I saw all my grandparents who think I am wasting away now and one literally wouldn't let me leave before eating a second piece of cake after lunch lol! Oh well, back on it now, I did pretty well yesterday.

So in answer to the recent questions. I run outside. I might have to join a gym soon as I am starting NROLFW and don't want to run in the dark alone when my boyfriend is busy.

1) Do you avoid any foods or types of food? How much do you avoid them? (Never eat any, eat only a little, try not to eat but rarely succeed, etc)

I avoid pastry and fried food, mainly becasue I don't enjoy them and so they just aren't worth it! I am trying to cut down on sugar but I just love it :-)

2) Do you have any macros you follow (or try to follow) very strictly - like never going over 100 grams of carbs or staying under a certain amount of fat?

Umm .... nope

3) If you answered yes to any of the above - why?

(see 1)

I am inspired by you all as usual and love reading this thread!!

Thank you all!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I didn't answer my own poll so:

1) I avoid anything I won't enjoy or that is mediocre. Otherwise I eat ALL the things but I generally do aim for nutrition density. Like I wanted a donut today but I figured I'd rather have an additional 200 calories of something at lunch.

2) I try to eat over 100 grams of protein. I'm not always successful and technically I should eat 130 which I RARELY ever hit. I also choose fat over carbs where possible which results in me actually eating a LOT of fat (comparitively). Yesterday was particularly high but not totally unusual - 137 carbs, 100 fat, 130 protein. (STEAK!) I like to see my fat a BIT lower than that but I really like to see my carbs over 100 and under 200. That seems to be the right amount for me. More carbs are fine but I don't need them and my protein suffers.

3) As far as nutritionally dense foods (I don't go NUTS with it but I keep it in mind) I don't take a multi so I worry about getting enough vitamins and minerals from my food while still dieting, and that means I really cant' waste 400 calories on sugar and refined white flour.

for protein - last time I got my body composition measured I had lost 5 lbs of fat and 3lbs of muscle. That sucked so I try a little harder on the protein - but not always successfully
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day

I think we should make sure this link is on each page at least once till we get everyone over there and using the group so we can kill the thread here so we don't have to bounce back and forth.
    I estimate it will take about a week?
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    1) Do you avoid any foods or types of food? How much do you avoid them? (Never eat any, eat only a little, try not to eat but rarely succeed, etc)

I have to measure my cheeses and wine religiously because I love them so much...and gelato....
    I try to avoid fried foods because I feel icky when I eat them, but sometimes still want cheese fries smothered in gravy or fried shrimp, so I go for it...
    I also have to monitor my pasta intake....I try to not have it more than once a week.

2) Do you have any macros you follow (or try to follow) very strictly - like never going over 100 grams of carbs or staying under a certain amount of fat?

I try to always hit my calcium and fiber, and don't worry about fats too much...I am usually under. I also don't aim to, but I eat a lot of protein.

One of my friends got me the "French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook" and (after I got over the insulting aspect of that gift) I read it...I learned a lot, especially what my 'danger' foods are...those are the things that I enjoy so much that I will totally over consume...so, I don't cut them out, but MUST moderate. I think I could eat a pound of cheese with a baguette and a bottle of wine without batting an eye!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Can't catch up right now, but just wanted to check in and say I am still here. I am working on a bathroom project (spackle, caulk, prime, paint, basically the works) so I have been busy. My morning walks and that project have been my only exercise this week and I am having trouble keeping up with eating and logging. My diary is not accurate the last few days, but I know I am eating under calories. Today I plan to make a shake or two, just to help keep my calories up and that is easy to sip on while I work. When I am distracted I tend no to eat, anyone else like that? Oh, and I REALLY need groceries, but don't want to take the time to go get them, so I am scrapping to put meals together. I will get it all done somehow.
    I did see a new low on the scale today (yay me), so I am motivated to get this project done and get on with the focus on working out and eating!
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Would love to become a part of this thread...thanks to jade! :)
  • Meghan4330
    Meghan4330 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So excited that I was told about this group. I was told by one of my professors today that I was looking too thin. I'm 115 lbs. so I never felt that I was too thin but apparently I need to eat more. It's actually kind of hard for me to consider because I am a health nut. I grew up loving vegetables and fruits, simply loving healthy foods. I also try to only eat organic and natural foods when possible. I just don't know how to do this.:ohwell:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hey there! We've got an actual group going now if you would like to join us: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    2000 calories. I'm tempted.
    It's what helath people suggest anyways...might give it a go :]
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I just got my Fitbit yesterday and just found out I am burning 2300-2600 calories per day so i am now upping my calories to 2000+ per day.
  • BlondieBride
    BlondieBride Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I thought I would answer the questions too!

I avoid soda and fast food. I have it maybe once a year.

I want to try for 40/30/30, but I always end up at 40/40/20 - im working on that! I also try to get at least 1g protein per lb body weight.

Because I think soda is one of the worst foods (health wise) that you can consume, the same goes for fast food.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! We have a weekly thread where we check in daily, *****, chat, etc. COme on over and introduce yourself there!!

What are your goals?
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    Can eggs stall weight loss? I've never even heard of that. I will easily eat 18 in a week by myself. Not even kidding. I do toss most of the yolks, not due to cholesterol but due to fat content. I like to use those calories for meat. :D Most commonly I'll have 4 egg whites & a whole egg scrambled together with some kind of meat.

No eggs dont stall weight loss, I just thought maybe eating the exact same thing every day would maybe slow things down, along the same line as how the body adapts to the same cardio if done over and over....so I wanted to "shake things up" is all!!

actually my husband's weight loss was stalled by eggs. He is now 190 down from 254. When he was about 230 he was eating eggs as his quick protein in the am and in the evening & his weight wasnt coming off. I had just watched Suzanne Sommers on tv talking about unknown food allergies, and that we can be mildly allergic to certain things and now know it. I mentioned it to my husband...he stopped eating eggs, and dropped 5lbs that week.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • HowSheHeals
    HowSheHeals Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am desperately looking for friends who eat 2000 calories or more! I am a recovered bulimic, so eating enough of healthy, varied food is essential to me! Even eating crappy food is pretty important to break down my rigid control issues! MFP sometimes makes me feel like a freak for eating 2000 calories and I really have had enough!