<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    TluvK, I love NROLFW so far. I'm in love with deadlifts, definitely my new favorite exercise. The workouts seem to go so quickly though, almost wish they were longer... Haha how sick is that?

Are you in stage 1 too? I love it so much I don't want to move to stage 2. So basic, simple, easy, AND effective. I'm continually able to go up weight. It's awesome. Why change? But I haven't even glanced at stage 2 yet.

I was totally thinking the same thing...
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Well...I did 16 min for my last session...1.57 miles. So slightly over 15 total today. Yay. Legs are tired since that's 2 long sessions back to back. I wish I had a tub (only a shower) to soak in.

Hippie...strength gains are awesome. What's "long" for strength training? For me it's anything over 10 min...LOL

Wow!! That is impressive. That is awesome!!! Great job!!!
    I did my regular back/biceps/arx today followed by short 2 mile run. My new goal is to try to get more running in on top of the p90x!! Tomorrow is supposed to be yoga but I am going to run instead because we are expecting some nice weather here, and probably will be the last time we see 60 degrees til next spring!!
    I was supposed to weigh in today but feeling too bloated/fat and TOM is coming so I am just not going to depress myself by getting on the scale. I will wait til next week and hopefully the numbers will be kinder!!

good plan. if it's going to discourage you then stay off the scale. it's not worth it. how long is a p90x workout? I only run when I have a long day...2 miles is great along with strength. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Well...I did 16 min for my last session...1.57 miles. So slightly over 15 total today. Yay. Legs are tired since that's 2 long sessions back to back. I wish I had a tub (only a shower) to soak in.

Hippie...strength gains are awesome. What's "long" for strength training? For me it's anything over 10 min...LOL

Wow!! That is impressive. That is awesome!!! Great job!!!
    I did my regular back/biceps/arx today followed by short 2 mile run. My new goal is to try to get more running in on top of the p90x!! Tomorrow is supposed to be yoga but I am going to run instead because we are expecting some nice weather here, and probably will be the last time we see 60 degrees til next spring!!
    I was supposed to weigh in today but feeling too bloated/fat and TOM is coming so I am just not going to depress myself by getting on the scale. I will wait til next week and hopefully the numbers will be kinder!!

good plan. if it's going to discourage you then stay off the scale. it's not worth it. how long is a p90x workout? I only run when I have a long day...2 miles is great along with strength. Thanks for the encouragement!

p90x workouts are generally 60 minute plus 15 minutes for abs! Tomorrow i am hoping for 6 mile run!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Woke up this morning feeling like a blimp lol stupid TOM - so no daily weigh in today, don't need to see THAT number! Usually drops back down by Weds, Thurs so will weigh daily again from there.

Had a great rest day yesterday, and have lifting on the plan for tonight! my NROLFW finally arrived on the courier yesterday so yay! Am excited to read it and then get started! I've been slowly buying more and more weight plates to build up my weights - just found out our neighbour has an impressive selection so might bake some cookies and go for a visit to suss it out!

Feeling overall pretty grouchy today lol...

I went off the pill in August, hubs and I were going to try for a baby but I'm still a little freaked out by the idea. Having never been this small, I'd like to enjoy it for a while before I go getting all big lol. So I think I'm going to have a fun summer wearing short tight pretty clothes (summer here is Dec-March) then maybe we'll try after that. Do you think its selfish to put off having a baby cos I wanna enjoy looking good for a little while?! Aargh, I just don't know if I'll ever be ready :(
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Do you think its selfish to put off having a baby cos I wanna enjoy looking good for a little while?! Aargh, I just don't know if I'll ever be ready :(

Hell no its not "selfish". Or well - I mean I guess its selfish but its not BAD - its your body, you should do what you want with it and if that includes enjoying how hot it looks that is a totally reasonable thing ot want to do. Its not like you are somehow OBLIGATED to bring more humans into the world, there are plenty already and the earth is heavily populated as it is. If anything its just as selfish to want to have kids becuase you want a biological child.

I don't ever want to have a biological baby but I would be willing to adopt. My bf right now says he's only willing to have kids if they're biological. weirdo. ~_^

I had a big yummy (probably high cal, haven't loggd it yet) breakfast but I feel really sick right now. Not really digestion sick but nausea (which is more in the chest...if that makes sense) and headachy. i had plenty of coffee so that's not the issue either.

I really want to do some exercise today so hopefully it settles out soon.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I lifted for an hour and half. I took some of stuff from rules for women and combined with stuff I learned from charlene. I was maxing my reps out at 6-8 reps. I am definitely starting to feel like now. lol
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    definitely not selfish to put it off to enjoy your body. it is your body, enjoy having it look the way you want. After having kids it doesn't really go back to the way it was before, so enjoy it! Even after losing weight from having children I still have a belly sag. I hope eventually it goes back to the way it was, but it will never be the same.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You guys make me feel oh so lazy, but somehow I need way over 2000 to maintain, so I'm still in the club :laugh:

I would like to get more exercise, but I don't think I'll ever be looking at 600+ burns. I wouldn't want to eat 3000+ calories a day, because my stomach would never get a rest! I do wonder if I will always need to eat as much as I do now or if I'll need less as I get older.

My other excuse for being a lazy so-and-so at the moment is TTC. We've only just started, but I've had a few days of absolute exhaustion which made me think the magic might already have started. That was how I felt after conceiving my son, but it may just be wishful thinking.

I know there is no proven connection between exercise and miscarriage, but if my body is saying, very loudly, that I should go have a rest, I'm not about to try to pushing my limits.

To prevent anxiety, I was thinking of starting a pregnancy workout DVD whilst TTC, but when I found one I fancied on Amazon, one reviewer said she had miscarried the day after starting it! Now, I know that logically this is more likely coincidental than causal, but I feel like I should wait until I feel less jumpy about it all to give it a go. So for now I'll stick to walking, a tiny bit of jogging and maybe 30DS when I feel on top form.

I love seeing how hard you all work and well done to everyone reaching their goals recently.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Stubby...did you estimate your cals last night? So happy you had a great time. Mind sharing your ceviche recipe? What types of seafood have you tried it with? Which work best? During your pms symptoms do you bloat/gain as well?
    I haven't finished logging everything. Since my 24 hr spike period usually spans 2 days (Fri nite thru Sat nite or Sat-Sun) I'll log all my spike stuff on the 2nd day just to keep it together. I also don't plan it out, so I retroactively log & hopefully remember everything, lol.

I just googled "ceviche recipe" & ended up with this one: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/ceviche/ It calls for red snapper but I used tilapia & it came out fantastic! Going to make another batch to use up the rest of the fish then maybe later in the week give it a go with shrimp. I will definitely be making it often since it will be a great way to help me get my protein in, esp on my strength training days.

I don't track my cycle since I don't have a need to (no period - WIN), though I do feel bloating sometimes & maybe a pimple or two, lol. I haven't specifically noticed gains on the scale though.

Duration of strength training: I lift 3 days a week, about an hour each session.

EDIT: Ok, I logged all my spike stuff on today's entry. Total is almost 4,800 calories, lol!! At least 800 of it is alcohol & the food database is saying the potato pancakes I had at Perkins for brunch are 1,130 calories. Sounds high, not that it matters really. And last night I had this chicken pasta dish that was really good but couldn't find anything in the database that was really close, so I just picked something from Olive Garden for the entry & it's probably close enough. I didn't finish it so I entered it as half the dish.

Off to make some mini meatloaves for the fam...since I'm DONE with my Foodapalooza for the weekend, I'm eating light. I guess I'll go ahead & make my ceviche & eat that, the tilapia in my fridge needs to get used.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hey gals - look what I found. I think this looks amazing! I can't remember now who originally posted about the zucchini lasagna -

http://greenlitebites.com/2007/12/16/zucchini-and-spaghetti-squash-lasagna/
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @spoiledwife -- I haven't browsed the MFP forums as much as, say, *cough* Rachel has, but you're the first person in UT I've "bumped into" on MFP. I've only been in UT 3 years, but I've visited a few resorts (especially back before I had a pass and could basically just buy a ticket anywhere). Snowbird is still my fav, but I hate the crowds, so we've moved to Big. I'm really excited for the solitude this year at Solitude. :laugh: I'll never be able to experience Alta during regular season, unfortunately ... I'm a single-planker.
    Do you think its selfish to put off having a baby cos I wanna enjoy looking good for a little while?! Aargh, I just don't know if I'll ever be ready :(

@psych -- Sure, it's selfish. But is it wrong? HELL NO!!! It's YOUR body! Enjoy it! :wink:

And besides the whole thing about going through body changes during pregnancy, there's also the tiny, eensy, weensy, small fact that once you've birthed a life, you're sorta responsible for it ... forever. THAT scares the bejesus out of me more than the body changes. I'm in my early 30s and I'm still scared out of my mind at the thought of producing spawn out of my womb.
    You guys make me feel oh so lazy, but somehow I need way over 2000 to maintain, so I'm still in the club

I would like to get more exercise, but I don't think I'll ever be looking at 600+ burns. I wouldn't want to eat 3000+ calories a day, because my stomach would never get a rest! I do wonder if I will always need to eat as much as I do now or if I'll need less as I get older.

@Oishii -- don't worry, I feel like a slacker next to these ladies, too. And sometimes I don't make it to the 2k mark either (although this week I've AVERAGED 2,472 cal/day ... oops :embarassed: that's what eating out a lot does for you). My maintenance is right around 1800.

I used to wait tables at a local family diner in San Diego, and the seniors used to LOVE coming to our place because it wasn't Denny's. I'd say that in general, they really did eat a lot less than the younger generations. Even some who ordered the senior specials (smaller portions) would have to take a take-out container home. So I guess you really do slow down when you get older.

EDIT: damn, I like to sprinkle my posts with smileys. Just removed a couple. :embarassed:
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    yes seniors really do eat a lot less. I was a waitress, too. A lot of couples split sandwiches and meals. I used to think it was because they were cheap :laugh: But then I saw how my grandma at, gosh her meals are so tiny. My grandpap on the other hand can eat with the best of them... but has 2 heart surgeries. I wish he wouldn't eat like that.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I wonder why older people eat so much less. I cannot imagine that happening to me. i sure hope it does though, otherwise i'm likely to be overweight in old age.
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    Their metabolism slows down, but if you are active into old age it won't slow down as much. My grandma (she is in her 80s) can't move really can't walk anymore, so she doesn't need a lot of calories.

But even my in laws who are in their 60s don't eat much. They are pretty active, too. They both exercise and work still.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    My parents are very active and healthy but when my mom (65) packs me what she considers "big" portions of dinners, they tend to be right-sized for us or on the small side. Of course we are a good deal larger than they are - my boyfriend has 4 inches and probably 70 pounds on my dad and my mom and I are 4 inches and 30 lbs apart. But even so I'd say my mom is WAY more active on a day to day basis than I am but doesn't eat as much.

I made yummy tacos today, 96/4 beef with pico de gallo, light sour cream, avocado slices, and these "di mi abuela" corn and wheat tortillas they had at trader joes. They were a nice middle ground between my preference for corn and my boyfriends preference for wheat.

I had ...4 of them. Ok maybe its me that eats heavy, not my parents that eat light. The avocado technically put me over today but since I'm more generally active on weekends (running errands, grocery shopping, etc) than on weekdays I will assume its not as bad as it looks.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    For the runners in the group, do you all use the gym/tredmill, or run outside? I'm getting a gym membership for Christmas, but until then im braving the cold in upstate, NY!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    For the runners in the group, do you all use the gym/tredmill, or run outside? I'm getting a gym membership for Christmas, but until then im braving the cold in upstate, NY!
    I'm in PA. I brave the cold most of the time. I sometimes opt for the treadmill if it's cold and windy. Just depends. I used to run with my kids in the running stroller at 20 degrees. I'd have them all bundled up. Long past that time now!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

I'm in New Zealand so it doesn't ever get too hot or too cold to run outside here! I have a treadmill which I used a lot in the beginning, but now I only use it if I have to - I don't really have the coordination to be trusted on a treadmill lol
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    And besides the whole thing about going through body changes during pregnancy, there's also the tiny, eensy, weensy, small fact that once you've birthed a life, you're sorta responsible for it ... forever. THAT scares the bejesus out of me more than the body changes. I'm in my early 30s and I'm still scared out of my mind at the thought of producing spawn out of my womb.

There's a baby (toddler?) in our apartment building that screams every night right about this time. It's screaming right now. Every time I hear it, my "maybe I might be okay having a kid someday" timeline moves back a day or two... :ohwell:
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, hard to keep up with all of you!

I run on my treadmill most of the time, I am sensitive to the heat and cold. I did trip on it once, lol, so I watch myself alot more on it!

My BMF for yesterday was 3841, was busy all day. Ran for about half hour, did 2 1/2 hours of massage in the morning then went to a clients fundraiser, did chair massages for a few more hours, then did alot around the house afterwards. On a happy note, with my massages I donated $100 to her cancer fund! So happy I could help her!! I did eat about 2400 yesterday so that was nice. Today was a lazy day, spent it with my family and i was starving all day. I am not feeling guilty about it either! After yesterday, my body just needed it.

Weights tomorrow! Then I need to clean the house, havent gotten to it all week.