<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The other thing I'm happy about today - a few weeks ago I went shopping with my sister and got a new pair of trousers which I'm wearing for the first time today. They're (UK) size 8 and they actually fit!! All my other trousers are 10s or 12s and most of them have safety pins in the waist to keep them from sliding down too much... I can't afford to just go out and replace them all, but I'm hoping to get some more in the January sales. (I'm also not totally convinced that I'm going to stay this shape, but that is another story...)

Yes! There's nothing like that feeling! Good for you -
  • TluvK
    Options
    I'm a 2000+ kCal a day girl... and still losing weight! I just exercise lots! Joining this thread for inspiration!

Welcome!! We love to work out and eat a lot! :happy:
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm getting so mad at my weight...the scale has been up for the past 3 days and it's pissing me off. I didn't do anything to deserve this. Sunday I had a good weigh in...Monday good...Tues-Thurs has been up 2 to 3.5 pounds. If it's not "gone" by tomorrow then I have to take action. It's consistent high weigh ins that raise red flags for me. I can do 3-4 days....by the 5th day I'm getting a bit worried.

Anyway, how are all of you today? Planning any yummy eats? I had pumpkin pancakes and hazelnut coffee for breakfast! :)

You know your body but it still might take a few more days to normalize. You're not lying around, guzzling beer, and stuffing your face, right? I know you're a healthy eater so something else is going on and it's just temporary! Are you more stressed than usual?

If I got on the scale today, I would expect a big jump because I was the one stuffing my face! I did OK until the afternoon then I just had to have chips, mini KitKats, and homemade banana bread like there was no tomorrow!
    Amazingly, though, I do not regret it one bit. This is a big change for me! I would usually beat myself mentally bloody and starve myself the next day. I got up to almost 3500 cals yesterday yet still went to bed hungry and woke up ravenous!! Go figure!

Try not to worry about it! Easy to say, I know! You'll get back to where you were!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! I would love to joint and be friends with you all. I usually eat about 2000 kcals with exercise. You are all so inspirational and talk sense.

I do have a question for you all. I sail at the weekends with my crew. We are usually racing for about 3-4 hours and we also have to prep the boat and then put her away after, so I am on the water for about 5-6 hours. How would you log this? The intensity varies but it is very hard work most of the time, trying to balance and hold on lol! Then there is the winching and pulling in sails. I tried wearing a heart rate monitor last weekend but the strap fell off as i was moving around.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Steph
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am a morning exerciser. Love the feeling of having it done and prefer to workout on an empty stomach so it works for me.

That's me as well. I get on the treadmill/crosstrainer as soon as I'm up. It makes me feel very energetic for the rest of the day, love it!
    I like spaghetti squash on occasion, but I really prefer zucchini noodles in place of or in addition to pasta. Not as sweet as SS. You ca-n make "noodles" with a carrot peeler or with a spiral slicing contraption which is what I use. I actually prefer it to pasta sometimes. I also just saw a lasagna being made on food network using thinly sliced zucchini-yum!

I haven't found spaghetti squash anywhere and I've been wanting to try it for some time. Brilliant tip about the zucchini, I'm definitely going to try that, we're usually drowning in them in the summer.

Talking of food, I'm really looking forward to the lovely meal I have planned for me and hubby tomorrow night, a zesty prawn risotto followed by a chocolate souffle (made of real chocolate and only 208 cals), yum. I'm really embracing the spririt of this thread! :wink:

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Love I think you should wait another week before you freak out. That still sounds like a normal fluctuation to me.

I ate over 2k calories yesterday but it wasn't intentional. I was just HUNGRY. And I'm really hungry today too so i'd like to believe my metabolism is just running high, but I guess we'll see what the scale says.

I've been eating a LOT lately, tapping that 2k mark frequently even though I'm not exercising that much. Hopefully I don't gain
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm getting so mad at my weight...the scale has been up for the past 3 days and it's pissing me off. I didn't do anything to deserve this. Sunday I had a good weigh in...Monday good...Tues-Thurs has been up 2 to 3.5 pounds. If it's not "gone" by tomorrow then I have to take action. It's consistent high weigh ins that raise red flags for me. I can do 3-4 days....by the 5th day I'm getting a bit worried.

This is why I only officially log my weight every 4 weeks (the middle of the week after I'm done with TOM) - I get huge amounts of bloating and this week the scale said I was up FIVE POUNDS from maintenance. Bleh.

Love - Could it be hormonal? I know you're young, but I had about 2 weeks of that this last month. I have an IUD, so I don't really get my period but I do get symptoms of it. This last month my boobs hurt SOOO bad - bad enough, I actually took 2 pregnancy tests. Anyway - I was up 4 pounds (for NO reason) during that whole time and just felt really full and yucky. Well, I actually did manage to get my period last week and now this week, my body is totally back to normal - I'm not only back to where I should be, but I'm down 1.5 lbs - my clothes feel better, etc. I think my hormones were screwing with me. I'd suggest you just be a little more patient about it.

my boobs are killing me but my hormones are wacky and my periods come and go as they please (partly from a history of anorexia and being on birth control for so long). maybe i'm getting PMS symptoms even though I'm not actually bleeding? (sorry to be graphic. I will wait it out! I just start getting pissed after several days of high weigh ins for no apparent reason. ya know?
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a LOT lately, tapping that 2k mark frequently even though I'm not exercising that much. Hopefully I don't gain

Same here, although it's mostly unintentional because of work being busy. Last night, I had every intention of making a nice, lovely frittata for dinner with some ground turkey that wanted to become chili, but couldn't (I oversoaked some beans and they fermented on the counter ... like, ew.) On the drive home, I was thinking about all the leftover veggies I could put in it and feeling really pleased about how much protein I'd get out of it.

When I finally did get home, I told my bf we were going to Chili's. And then I ate a 2,400-calorie, carb- and sodium-laden dinner. :tongue: Chalking it up to weird, post-menstrual cravings.

Today, I'm being "good". Started with a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks (an annual weakness -- I can't resist, this time of year!), and I promise that frittata will get made tonight! Don't want to crash calorie-wise -- I totaled up to nearly 3k yesterday, so I'm aiming for ~2400 today, and I'll bring it down some more later this week. Talk about having your dessert first and eating dinner later. :laugh:
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Getting some ceviche fixins today & I'm going to try making it for the first time. I've actually never had it before, but I do love pretty much all Latin-inspired food I've ever eaten so I know it will be awesome. Plus it's high protein & virtually fat-free so I may end up eating it every day, lol!

Today's a low day so I have to be sure to get that protein in to control my appetite. For now I've got salmon planned for dinner, but if I have time to get the ceviche going early enough I can eat that instead. I'm thinking with a little mayo on some low carb tortillas. NOM.

Lifted last night & I did my Bulgarian split squats...I fricken LOVE them. I will have the most fabulous *kitten* ever if I keep doing these, not to mention they force me to improve my balance & work my quads pretty good too. My buttcheeks are hurty today, but I love it lol.

I'm up almost a pound on the scale this morning too, but I know why. The sore glutes means I'm probably retaining at least some water, plus I ate dinner late & had a little somethin-somethin to drink while I was soaking in the tub last night. :drinker: No worries.

@Harkins (Steph :flowerforyou: ), many of us wear a Bodymedia Fit or Bodybugg & those are excellent for tracking calorie burn for stuff that's impossible to estimate, like your sailing, or other activities like shopping trips or housecleaning. If you don't want to spring for something like that & your exercise is pretty routine - sounds like it is - you could do it for free by keeping your intake at a particular calorie level for a couple of weeks, keeping up your workouts, & make note of your weight change in that period. Two weeks would be a minimum but 3 would give you an even better estimate of what your particular balance is. Then you could drop your calories by 100 a day if you wanted to speed it up, or add some extra activity, whatever you wanted to do.

Congratulations on stumbling across the coolest thread of all the message boards. :bigsmile:
  • TluvK
    Options
    Getting some ceviche fixins today & I'm going to try making it for the first time. I've actually never had it before, but I do love pretty much all Latin-inspired food I've ever eaten so I know it will be awesome. Plus it's high protein & virtually fat-free so I may end up eating it every day, lol!

If you don't happen to like your recipe, I have an AWESOME one! People go crazy over it - it's from my mom, who's a chef. Ooh - I think I'll go post it on the recipe thread.

ENJOY - your food day sounds super good so far!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I lifted weights today: back, shoulders, hamstrings/quads and abs.

I wasn't going to do cardio today but well I know I am not going to eat too well because of pms so I did cardio. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical.

I am suppose to eat 2500 calories today.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    After dropping my daughter in her preK class, I went up to the track and ran for 30 minutes with a good calorie burn, then followed with crunches and planks until I had to pick her up. That was 425 calories or so to add to my base of 1600 so I am eating over 2000 today. That's always a good feeling for me. :happy: I think when I have a rest day and don't have extra calories to eat, I get crabby and pissy. Makes me wonder if I should start raising my net cals a little bit. As long as my exercise remains consistent, I think it wouldn't hurt to go up another 50-100 calories. Maybe I'll start that Monday. Maybe sooner.

Last night I thought I was going to have a big deficit in calories, around 400. So I had an apple and peanut butter, and then a bowl of my favorite Kashi cereal. That helped, but I wondered what the scale would show in the morning. I weighed in and I was down a pound. This was from collectively eating a little over 2000+ calories over the past week. I'm not trying to lose, I'm trying to maintain, so eating MORE is working for me! :happy:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    After dropping my daughter in her preK class, I went up to the track and ran for 30 minutes with a good calorie burn, then followed with crunches and planks until I had to pick her up. That was 425 calories or so to add to my base of 1600 so I am eating over 2000 today. That's always a good feeling for me. :happy: I think when I have a rest day and don't have extra calories to eat, I get crabby and pissy. Makes me wonder if I should start raising my net cals a little bit. As long as my exercise remains consistent, I think it wouldn't hurt to go up another 50-100 calories. Maybe I'll start that Monday. Maybe sooner.

Last night I thought I was going to have a big deficit in calories, around 400. So I had an apple and peanut butter, and then a bowl of my favorite Kashi cereal. That helped, but I wondered what the scale would show in the morning. I weighed in and I was down a pound. This was from collectively eating a little over 2000+ calories over the past week. I'm not trying to lose, I'm trying to maintain, so eating MORE is working for me! :happy:

Yes I am maintaining and I lost a pound last week. I also lost 2 inches off my waist last month from eating more! The fat is burning and muscle is building!! It makes me giddy!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Same here, although it's mostly unintentional because of work being busy.

Oh yeah mine has been ENTIRELY unintentional. Just been either hungry, or there's been food in front of me and I didn't say no.

I also should mention I noticed my bodyweight squats have gotten really good - going all the way down now (I thought I was BEFORE but nope). Hopefully can start adding more weight while maintaining that depth, right now I only do about 15lbs (when strength training). I'm really pleased with this.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I also should mention I noticed my bodyweight squats have gotten really good - going all the way down now (I thought I was BEFORE but nope). Hopefully can start adding more weight while maintaining that depth, right now I only do about 15lbs (when strength training). I'm really pleased with this.
    Ooh, I LOVE squats. I do the split ones once a week & the barbell ones twice a week. Good job working on your technique, form is everything. There have been times I've progressed in weight then decided I needed to work on form, so I'd deload for a week to get it just right & progress from there. One of my fitness goals is to become Bootylicious.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Had to share - I'm so excited! I ordered my BodyMedia FIT after dinner on Monday evening. I got an email late afternoon on Tuesday saying it would ship within 24-48 hours. Then no email yesterday...but lo & behold, around dinnertime last night, the UPS man arrived at my door with my BodyMedia FIT in hand! I charged it last night and put it on this morning after getting my account set up (after a few glitches and a call to customer support!). So far it seems comfortable enough...excited to wear it for a few days and get a feel for my daily burn and the quality of my sleep!

I LOVE getting new toys! :love:
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Didn't eat enough yesterday with such a high burn. I was stuffed at dinner though so I think when I work out hard and long like that, I need to be snacking as I go. Lesson learned. I have some extra calories today if I need them but if not oh well, not gonna stress about it.
    Have some DOMS today which is good, love it. I think I will do steady state cardio (easy jog) just to get the muscles warm and moving, no strength work today.
    @Lucyhoneychurch, I have frozen spaghetti squash and ate it about 3 months after, it was fine. Slightly watery so it would be good to drain/squeeze it after defrosting. I just froze mine already cooked in a freezer bag. I like spaghetti squash on occasion, but I really prefer zucchini noodles in place of or in addition to pasta. Not as sweet as SS. You ca-n make "noodles" with a carrot peeler or with a spiral slicing contraption which is what I use. I actually prefer it to pasta sometimes. I also just saw a lasagna being made on food network using thinly sliced zucchini-yum!

Wow. That sounds great! I'm so gonna try that!

Me too - do you remember the chef that made it?

It was the one that bobby flay competes with someone to try to make their special dish better, I think it is called throwdown with bobby flay, and it was veggie lasagne. He didn't use zucchini, but the other "team" did.

ETA: I couldn't find that recipe, but googled it and found this one which basically tells you how to prepare the zucchini and then you could use your own lasagna recipe! YUM!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/no-noodle-zucchini-lasagna/detail.aspx
  • jomatho
    Options
    Got in another really good burn today! I was just going to do an easy run to work out my muscle soreness from yesterday, but it felt so good I just kept going and going. Can't quit on days that it feels so good to run because there are others that don't feel that great, gotta take advantage when the gettin is good! On target to burn about 3200 calories again today, woot! Doesn't matter much because TOM is here and my body does not let go of weight during it, but maybe it will be cumulative for next week. A girl can hope!
    I have not been hungry much today after that run, but I think my appetite is finally catching up with me. I was low yesterday, my body needs some fuel today. Might have to bring out the peanut butter!
    I am in a rut with eating and planning meals. Nothing really sounds good. Gotta get inspired again.

I thought of a question when I was running today, are you guys more motivated by calorie burn, miles completed, or minutes to log when you are doing your cardio?

I think for me my motivation used to be miles because I tracked them and set monthly goals, but then with the way mfp is set up, it changed to minutes so I could log a certain amount, and now I think that has changed to calories burned, I like to see at least 400 or more per day because that changes my whole menu for the day and makes it much easier to put together meals/snacks. Funny how my perception of a good workout has changed. I don't really even care how many miles I go, I mean, I still look at it and think about it, but I am much more interested in my calories.
  • jomatho
    Options
    Ooh, I LOVE squats. I do the split ones once a week & the barbell ones twice a week. Good job working on your technique, form is everything. There have been times I've progressed in weight then decided I needed to work on form, so I'd deload for a week to get it just right & progress from there. One of my fitness goals is to become Bootylicious.

Am I the only one that hates squats? I know I need to do them, and like the results, but I hate them. Lunges too. And abs. Ha ha!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Good day so far...5 mile run, plus Legs & Back this morning. It's been a fairly hungry day, but I've managed it well with snacks. And I splurged on an egg white flatbread sandwich with my pumpkin coffee -yes, cream; no, sugar- from Dunkin Donuts for breakfast (don't judge :tongue: ). Even with that, before my afternoon snack I was already 1450 eaten. Still working on not freaking out about that, but I also realize that this will probably also be 2500-2600 calorie burn kind of day. So, I'm hoping to come in around 2000ish.

Haven't seen any change in the scale, because it's TOM and I hold on to EVERYTHING...but I'm feeling strong, more energized, and less hungry. Win-win!

Making sloppy joes for dinner, so I'm pretty psyched about that. Love me some sloppy joes. So, it's that and TV tonight. My legs are gonna be ANGRY tomorrow.