<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Nice work, ruststar :o)

Caveats, I was mostly messing about with my "how many calories for giving blood?" question :o) I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that someone found an answer! I ate loads yesterday anyway, restricting calories after a blood donation is not a good idea... (I once nearly fainted several hours after giving blood - I was a student at the time and had gone straight to the library without eating much. Bad move.)

I've got a bit of DOMS from the weights on Monday, oh well shows I worked I suppose. Today I do the triathlon club run followed by swim session - MFP reckons 1000 calories for that plus the cycling to get there. (I call myself sedentary and then log everything I do (except walking about) as exercise - works for me. The alternative would be to be "lightly active" and not log the cycling - but some days I don't do that cycling, or I do more because I have to go somewhere. Anyway.)
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday's fasting cholesterol test had one negative attached - not eating for more than 12 hours started me on a race to eat as much as I could. I gave up on tracking it all in my diary - too depressing!

November goals:
    NROLFW 3 x wk
    2-3 Cardio sessions/wk
    Stick to 1760 calories + exercise (adds up to 2000-2200 on workout days)
    Stop obsessing about the scale and focus on how I feel
    Hit my protein goals daily
    Stick to healthy choices for my calories
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am definitely NOT eating 2000+ per day. But I am on a gradual journey to get there. My aim is to increase my calorie intake by 100 calories per week (in recovery from eating disorder). If any of you can deal with it I would love some friends who eat properly and healthily because it's very inspiring and motivational for me to see how successful you guys all are, while still eating a normal amount. Hopefully before too long I can join your club properly.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    so...I am feeling okay this morning. I was kind of dreading my workout until I got started. For some reason my weight skyrocketed and I'm hoping by tomorrow it will be back to normal. It's discouraging...I won't lie. I know I didn't gain 4 pounds overnight though so I'm not doubt anything differently to compensate for the "gain" just trying to be consistent.

Question

Morning or night workout?

I do mornings because I just cannot stay awake late enough to do it at night and fit dinner in.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have to exercise in the mornings after I drop the kids off at school. I hate waiting until after dinner.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    so...I am feeling okay this morning. I was kind of dreading my workout until I got started. For some reason my weight skyrocketed and I'm hoping by tomorrow it will be back to normal. It's discouraging...I won't lie. I know I didn't gain 4 pounds overnight though so I'm not doubt anything differently to compensate for the "gain" just trying to be consistent.

Question

I do mornings because I just cannot stay awake late enough to do it at night and fit dinner in.

Its just water weight! It will come off!! I know how it makes you feel though!!!!

Re: question: I always workout in the morning, first thing. I get up at 5-530 on work days otherwise 730 or so and do my workout right away!!! Otherwise I lose motivation and if I wait until after work I dont have the energy or desire to workout. Also I find that if I do workout after work I dont have the stamina, and I just go through the motions, which I dont think is productive!!!

Hope you all have a great hump day!!!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'll exercise whenever I can, but mornings work best with my schedule and it's also the only time the daycare at the gym is open. Plus, it's so nice to feel the burn all day after a workout - I'm not sure I'd sleep all that well if I had to exercise at night.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Question

I much prefer morning workouts, but with schedule constraints I often have mid-day (lunch hour) or evening workouts. I love mornings because it's done, out of the way, and I feel energized the rest of the day!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am definitely NOT eating 2000+ per day. But I am on a gradual journey to get there. My aim is to increase my calorie intake by 100 calories per week (in recovery from eating disorder). If any of you can deal with it I would love some friends who eat properly and healthily because it's very inspiring and motivational for me to see how successful you guys all are, while still eating a normal amount. Hopefully before too long I can join your club properly.

Sweetie, we have been friends for a while and I can see you trying to make wonderful positive changes in your life. If following us on here helps you, then by all means, PLEASE do.
    These ladies are wonderful examples of beautiful, tiny, FIT, HEALTHY women who do NOT restrict, and if we can be of any help in your recovery then it is my pleasure to assist.
    (((hugs)))
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late hopping on the new thread, but I just want to say how happy I am to see people not freak out over a fun sized candy bar. :heart:
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Question

Either... both... and/or lunchtime... (don't think I've ever done all three...). For me, I think straight after work and before dinner suits quite well - but a morning workout is good, too :o)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Night workouts for me. It's the only time where I can have 1-2 hours of uninterrupted time to workout. Between 8 and 10 PM Is my dedicated workout time during the week. On weekends I might get a run in during the day, but I'm too accustomed to the late night workouts. Not sure what will happen if I ever join a gym, I guess just keep going late.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Right now, my only goal for November is to break through this supposed plateau I've got going on. I've been between 170 and 172 since Oct. 3rd. My weight just continuously fluctuates between these two numbers (for a month) and I'm frustrated. I've increased calories, changed up my workouts, and am ready to see some changes. What do I try next? I think I eat in a kind of zig-zag pattern as it is so I dunno what else to try...other than doing say a low-carb week or something. But I do NOT like to eat low-carb because it seems like artificial weight loss to me when I lose all that extra water weight and then gain back within a few weeks when I stop low-carb.

We are going to Disney the end of this month...and originally I had a goal of hitting 165 by then. I'm at 170 now....so that's 5 lbs in 3.5 weeks. I'm so sad to think it's not going to happen due to my stalling losses the month of October. DAMN IT. $%
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am sick. :frown: But I will do something today, maybe not my running but I will feel better after I do something.

November goal:
    1. Drink more water, I have really been slaking on that lately. Yesterday I got up to 72 Oz. So it is a start again.
    2. Weights 3x and cardio 3x
    3. Eat more! I need to learn to plan meals better.

Workouts:
    I am a morning person, if i dont get it in then I will most likely not do it all day. Especially cardio, and I have to do it on an empty stomach or I get sick.

Question for you BMF ladies, were your first few days of wearing it accurate? Does it take a few days to get more accurate? I've worn it before but I dont remember anymore. I started it on Monday again and I got 3200 on monday and 3000 yesterday. If this is true, my TDEE calculations were way off.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    These ladies are wonderful examples of beautiful, tiny, FIT, HEALTHY women who do NOT restrict, and if we can be of any help in your recovery then it is my pleasure to assist.
    I'm far from tiny but even though I have 40-50 lbs to lose yet, I do consider myself fit & healthy which is not something I've ever been able to say in my life EVER. :) Food is your friend!!!

I'm an evening exerciser. I go at various times of the evening & have even closed the place out to get my workout in.

Gotta share a small victory - if you're on my friend list you've already seen this in your feed - but this morning I got on the scale & discovered the 4.8 lbs I gained after my redonkulously huge Spike Day this weekend is GONE. It's only been 2 days back on plan & I'm back to my low from last week. This is super exciting for me because I broke into the 240s way back in April & have been bouncing around the 240s-250s ever since. I think this will be my week to FINALLY see the 230s!

Waited too late to go to the gym last night for my speedwork since I was helping my 10 yr old with homework, but I'm going to double it up with my lifting this evening then treat myself to a dip in the hot tub afterward. Hope everyone has an awesome day!
    Options

Sweetie, we have been friends for a while and I can see you trying to make wonderful positive changes in your life. If following us on here helps you, then by all means, PLEASE do.
    (((hugs)))

ditto. been there. it's hard. just try to make changes that are getting you closer to HEALTHY. it takes time to trust your body. to learn that food is NOT the enemy. I hope we can continue to inspire you. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or need advice.
    Options
    Right now, my only goal for November is to break through this supposed plateau I've got going on. I've been between 170 and 172 since Oct. 3rd. My weight just continuously fluctuates between these two numbers (for a month) and I'm frustrated. I've increased calories, changed up my workouts, and am ready to see some changes. What do I try next? I think I eat in a kind of zig-zag pattern as it is so I dunno what else to try...other than doing say a low-carb week or something. But I do NOT like to eat low-carb because it seems like artificial weight loss to me when I lose all that extra water weight and then gain back within a few weeks when I stop low-carb.

We are going to Disney the end of this month...and originally I had a goal of hitting 165 by then. I'm at 170 now....so that's 5 lbs in 3.5 weeks. I'm so sad to think it's not going to happen due to my stalling losses the month of October. DAMN IT. $%

I wouldn't do the low carb thing if i were you. I see it as you do...an artificial weight loss because of the depletion of glycogen flushing water out of your system. I LOVE carbs and know i couldn't sustain that lifestyle indefinitely so i figure it's a waste of time/effort to do it for a short while.

Perhaps you could try doing intervals 1-2x a week, drinking loads of water, cutting out artificial sweeteners, add in more healthy fat, and only eating whole grains....it can be so frustrating to try and try and see no results but eventually something has to happen. keep it up and don't let the scale discourage you. take measurements instead...NSVs are sometimes the only thing that keep us sane!
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options

I totally understand that. I struggled with an eating disorder for almost 7 years and in many ways it's still a struggle even now. I'm finally at a place where I am happy and healthy in my life, both in my relationship with eating/fitness and with my body. It's a long road, but it's definitely possible and totally worth all the effort.

Good luck with everything!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do the low carb thing if i were you. I see it as you do...an artificial weight loss because of the depletion of glycogen flushing water out of your system. I LOVE carbs and know i couldn't sustain that lifestyle indefinitely so i figure it's a waste of time/effort to do it for a short while.

Perhaps you could try doing intervals 1-2x a week, drinking loads of water, cutting out artificial sweeteners, add in more healthy fat, and only eating whole grains....it can be so frustrating to try and try and see no results but eventually something has to happen. keep it up and don't let the scale discourage you. take measurements instead...NSVs are sometimes the only thing that keep us sane!

I am currently doing Chalean Extreme - so I strength train 3x a week, then I do a Burn Intervals disc from the program one day a week, and the other two days I do Turbo Jam for 45 mins. One rest day. I drink 80-90 oz of water, I don't consume artificial sweeteners (and don't drink anything other than water, with the exception of JUST having started drinking a cup of coffee a day last week), healthy fat is my friend (love cooking with olive oil) and I only eat whole grains when I eat bread products (don't eat cereal). I get 25-50 grams of fiber a day. We eat out once a week and it seems my cuisine of choice is Middle Eastern food (that chicken and hummus is so good but the pita gets me every time!). I think I eat Middle Eastern once every two or three weeks.

I got the BMF because I was really curious about my calories out since being stuck in this "plateau" (not sure if I should call it that...I'm down 50 pounds but only 17 of that has come off since June/July). My metabolism is slower than others because of all the fad diets I've done. Which is why I'm trying to build muscle and do this the right way this time (and damn it's a LOT slower than those fad diets, haha). I've noticed my average TDEE is about 2200 cals or so (with a couple of days hitting 2500-2600). I have a fairly sedentary lifestyle...so I expected this number wouldn't be as high as many other ladies' on here. I want to eat more...but if I'm only averaging 2200 out...then I need to be sticking to about 1600-1700 cals in a day. :o/
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I think I eat in a kind of zig-zag pattern as it is so I dunno what else to try...other than doing say a low-carb week or something. But I do NOT like to eat low-carb because it seems like artificial weight loss to me when I lose all that extra water weight and then gain back within a few weeks when I stop low-carb.

If you eat in a zig-zag pattern maybe you could try consistency?? It will be hard to pinpoint what the problem is if things are different every day. I'd say to to keep a consistent calorie level for at least a week & be consistent with your exercise routine then see where you end up. If you don't lose, drop your calories by 100 each day or add more exercise & give it another week. I did this when I carb cycled if things slowed down. It was really pretty cool the amount of control I had over my rate of loss by being that precise. Of course, the trade-off is that it's kind of a lot of overhead as far as planning. For me it was worth it at the time.

Low carb...when I carb cycled I ate low carb 6 days a week & I did this for about 10 months. I can honestly say I don't know many others besides myself who successfully transitioned out of low carb eating without gaining weight. And I didn't transition gradually, either. I do think it has to do with the spike days, since I've been doing those for a long time. By switching to the Spike Diet I just stopped eating low carb the other 6 days & dropped my calories on those days. Eating low carb/high protein all that time allowed me to develop great muscle definition & strength while still burning fat. I don't regret it one bit. So it does have value, but it's not for everybody. It was well-suited for people who are fussy about precision like me. NOT a short-term solution though. It's something that is much effective over a longer term, several months at least.

I don't know what your exercise routine is, but you could throw in a 10-minute HIIT session once a week without disrupting it too much. That short but efficient workout got my weight loss moving again more than once.