<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I did my p90x this morning and soon headed to the treadmill for a 20 min walk.

Goals for November:

1. Continue to eat 2000-2200 calories
    2. 20 minutes on treadmil 7 days per week on top of my normal routine which is 6 days/week p90x
    3. Drink at least 14 ounces of water per day
    4. Decrease bodyfat by 2 %
    5. Lose 4 pounds of bodyfat.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I can't keep up with this thread! I love it!
    My goals for this week are to burn 800-1000 calories/day. Goals for the month are to work hard everyday, & complete every obstacle in the Tough Mudder I'm doing next weekend!
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My November Goals:
    * keep trusting that eating back my exercise calories will enable me to continue to lose weight!
    * "no-binge" November
    * keep doing what I'm doing with logging and exercise because it is working!!
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to this 2,000 level. Today is the closest I've ever come, and I found myself eating until I was beyond stuffed.
    Are you all maintaining, or gaining? I'm told to eat about 2,400 a day, but that seems like a LOT! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'm kinda doing both, if you want to look at it that way. I'm changing my body composition is the real answer -- lose fat, gain muscle. I'm focused more on the "gain muscle" stage right now because I want something to show off. I figure the "lose fat" is happening alongside anyway as I build more muscle mass, just at a slower pace than if I focused on the "lose fat via caloric deficit" method. If I can get to the point where I can do an unassisted pull-up, I would die a happy woman. :bigsmile:
    Bodyfat goals are excellent. As a female with less testosterone than a male you will find it more difficult to gain muscle. So I would say 1% is a good goal. That's gaining about 1-1.5 pounds of muscle and losing an equivalent amount of fat.

Great, then I will stick to aiming for 1%. Always good to get a reality check to make sure I'm not setting myself up for failure. :wink:
    Pilates class number 2 for me yesterday - it is interesting how hard it felt given that all we did was stand and then lie on the floor! Today the blood donor van is at our office so I won't do any exercise other than my utility cycling. (How many calories do you reckon giving blood is worth?

650 calories?

http://caloriecount.about.com/replacing-calories-lost-donating-blood-ft5556

Really interesting question though! I never thought about it quite in those terms ... I'm Type O, this may motivate my universal donor butt to go donate more! :laugh:
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Today I had a health screening at work to check my cholesterol and sugar levels. I'm proud to say that one year of exercising and eating healthy has helped me drop my cholesterol more than 30 points! One year ago I was just over the line on my overal cholesterol and my triglycerides were pretty bad. Today I'm well within normal range. I'm excited that I made a change in my health while still eating real (as in not diet) food in sustainable amounts. No "I can't have that because of my cholesterol" discussions, no special pills, nothing. Woohoo!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Today I had a health screening at work to check my cholesterol and sugar levels. I'm proud to say that one year of exercising and eating healthy has helped me drop my cholesterol more than 30 points! One year ago I was just over the line on my overal cholesterol and my triglycerides were pretty bad. Today I'm well within normal range. I'm excited that I made a change in my health while still eating real (as in not diet) food in sustainable amounts. No "I can't have that because of my cholesterol" discussions, no special pills, nothing. Woohoo!

^^^this....this is what it is all about!! Great job!!

Speekwork last night, lifting tonight and about 2200 calories mmmmm calories!

You know, I realised on my way to work this morning that this whole healthy living thing is *finally* a part of my everyday life. Like I dont get massive cravings or guilty feelings anymore, working out is just something that I do...I think it might have finally become **gasp** easy!!!

woohoo

xx
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

You know, I realised on my way to work this morning that this whole healthy living thing is *finally* a part of my everyday life. Like I dont get massive cravings or guilty feelings anymore, working out is just something that I do...I think it might have finally become **gasp** easy!!!

woohoo

xx

YES!! I had the same thought (or should I say EPIPHANY!) occur to me this week. I'm not just working toward a number then going back to the way it was before. THIS is how I will live from now on. You're right, it gets easier!

And we don't have to be perfect every day!

Hey...I think we can do this!!!!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    @xc, thought I replied but my computer is being retarded today so I guess I didn't, lol. Glad the leg positioning of the armband worked for you! I don't switch mine frequently, like I said if calf doesn't work then I slide it up to top of the thigh. I can't imagine the readings would be all that different, but to keep consistent readings you'd want to try to keep it in the same place most of the time.

@ruststar, congrats on the chol results! I too found drastic improvements in all chol measurements within a 1 year period. Awesome!

I'm one of the losers in the group, aiming to lose another 40-50 lbs for now. Once I do that, I plan to give maintenance a go for at least a month or two then decide if I want to lose more. I plan to continue incorporating spike days into maintenance, & I've found from past experience that eating at a deficit during the week & spiking 2 days instead of 1 on the weekend results in maintaining my weight & I'm pretty comfortable with that. Alternatively I'd raise my weekday calories a bit & keep the 1-day spike. OR I could see how I do just trying to eat responsibly through the week without logging & limit indulgences to spike day, but at the moment the idea of not logging my food terrifies me, lol. After close to a year & a half of doing it, it has become my binky. :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda doing both, if you want to look at it that way. I'm changing my body composition is the real answer -- lose fat, gain muscle. I'm focused more on the "gain muscle" stage right now because I want something to show off. I figure the "lose fat" is happening alongside anyway as I build more muscle mass, just at a slower pace than if I focused on the "lose fat via caloric deficit" method. If I can get to the point where I can do an unassisted pull-up, I would die a happy woman. :bigsmile:

This is what I am trying to do. And totally agree I can't wait to do an unassisted pull-up.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    just posting here for the sake of it lol

I'm lurking/procrastinating from work and studying for my english lit exam....aargh why did I take this paper for interest...bring on the nutrition papers next year!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I was gone all day and clearly missed a lot! Had a good day - was feeling really chubby these last few weeks, but walked into Banana Republic this morning and walked out with a size 27 pair of jeans - I've heard BR has some "feel good" sizing practices, but I don't care - it made my day!

I do have to say, though, it is HARD eating away from home. I feel for you all that have to do it often. As a stay at home, working mom, my food is 90% homemade. I didn't have time this morning to plan my day, food-wise before I left for Denver. I wanted so badly to stop at Whole Foods for lunch, but it didn't work with my schedule.

I burned 953 cals in spin class this morning and was itching to eat something GOOD for me. That's so hard to find on the run, so I settled with a strawberry, blueberry, chicken and goat cheese salad from Target. It was fine, but not what I would have made for myself. Dinner tonight is feta, spinach, kalamata olive stuffed chicken breast with sweet potato fries - can't wait!

Welcome to Urbanhippie! Pull-ups are my nemesis, but I'm finally feeling like I'm getting the better of them. After one whole year of constant work, I can now do 8 unassisted pull-ups. I can do more than my husband! Last year, I could literally not even pull my chin up to the bar. You'll get there! And be SO satisfied when you do.

Way to keep on kickin' *kitten* ladies. So proud of everyone!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1133 today and I'm just NOT hungry right now. We went for our run and that makes me so NOT want to eat.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    new thread yay
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1133 today and I'm just NOT hungry right now. We went for our run and that makes me so NOT want to eat.

I never feel like eating right after running either. So I usually have a low day, and the next day I am famished and end up having a high day, it all evens out...call it natural zigzagging if you will...
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

I never feel like eating right after running either. So I usually have a low day, and the next day I am famished and end up having a high day, it all evens out...call it natural zigzagging if you will...

Me too, I almost always roll running calories over to the next day or two. It works out well for me, because my long run is on Thursday and then I have a little wiggle room going into the weekend!
  • ltki
    ltki Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi all, love this thread!

Just catching up after a couple of days away and there is heaps to read!
    It's Wednesday afternoon here in Melbourne, back at work after a long weekend full of fun, food and wine, wine and more wine. I don’t think any other country in the world that gives everyone a public holiday just for a horse race, only in Melbourne! I didn’t even bother logging my cals over the weekend, feels like I hit about million! I looked like I was 6 months pregnant by Monday evening so I'm back to a clean eating this week to try and reverse the damage caused by excessive sugar, salt and wine :-) oh well, it was totally worth it!! Seems like everyone had a bit of a blow out, we are only human!!!

Started the morning with a great run, about 8.5-9km with some monster hills and sprints and finished with some weights in the gym. A good 600+ cals

Last night I entered myself (and my boyfriend) to do a Tough Mudder event in Melbourne next year, if you haven’t heard of it, Google it, it’s basically an 18-20km obstacle course but on steroids. Can’t wait and it’s the best motivation for working on strength and endurance.

I’m getting hungry again so I think it’s time for something to eat. Still not hitting 2000cal, but working on it. Takes so much planning for me!!

x
  • ltki
    ltki Posts: 77
    Options
    Goals for November:
    - Train hard 6 days per week - 2x run, 2x cycle, 1x swim, 2x circuit, 2x weight sessions
    - Complete my first triathlon of the season (500m swim, 20km ride, 5km run)
    - Attend weightlifting training every week (so my coach doesnt tell me off again!!)
    - Hit 2000 cal each day
    - Drop a kg or 2 (or three......)
    - Have fun doing it!!!

Think that'll do for November, there is always December...... :-)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options

This is what I am trying to do. And totally agree I can't wait to do an unassisted pull-up.

Do negative pull ups (If you're not already)! I'm now at 4 sets of 5 unassisted pull ups and I credit all my pull up success to working hard for about a week or so doing negatives. It really really helps!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Wow we are plugging away here!!
    I just figured out that I have averaged 2100 calories per day for the past week. I am surprised at how hard it is for me to get to 2100 in a healthy way!! It seems that if I hit my protein for the day, I am way over in sodium and way under in fiber (which I really need alot of), and if I hit my fiber, I go over in carbs, and somedays to hit the calorie mark I have nuts or PB and end up going over in fats...arghhh all this number crunching is tough!!!!
    ANyone have any good high protein breakfast ideas that dont involve eggs or protein poweder? I love eggs, but I wonder if eating them day in and day out will stall my weight loss??? I have been told to "shake things up" with regard to my daily diet because I tend to eat the same things all the time....

have a look at my diary if you like, im usually spot on with my macros. and i DOUBLE fibre every day (:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1660 cals net a day but I eat about 2000-2500 with exercise calories in the total :)