<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    belly fat ...I think it's an individual approach kind of problem...some people have flat stomachs and collect weight in their bottom half. I have several friends like this. First you have to have reasonable expectations...some people can get an 8 pack in a few weeks while others can labor over it for years and get a flat stomach but never definition of the same kind. Okay...so tips for that area...lots of healthy fats and whole grains....and I mean lots of fat....vary your workouts, incorporate interval training 1-2x a week (more than 2 is not necessary) and do weights to build muscle. I do core work because I want defined abs.

Anywho...hope that helps. I will do one more post this morning to list by goals.
    Options
    November goals:
    -ripped in 30 6x a week
    -abs every other day
    -75 min cardio 6x a week

-lose 1 pound (still within my range but toward the lower end)
    -get 8 pound dumbbells and use those by the end of the month

-don't eat over my calorie target (1 free one but no more)
    -drink more water
    -cut back on froyo to 3x a week maximum (instead of daily)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    November goals:

1. log everything, I've been having a lot of blank days lately and I use them as an excuse to put things in my mouth I wouldn't have if I was going to log it.
    2. Keep sugar below 50g a day
    3. Exercise purposefully at least one day a week minimum. I work a lot of 10 or 12 hour days and have high TDEE but never find the time to pick up the weights....
    4. Drink water for real instead of counting my coffee and diet soda towards my water!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies -

I'd love to comment on everything, but Halloween business kicked my butt and now I'm on the run.

Goals for November:

DRINK MORE WATER!
    Get more in tune with my body - sleep when I need sleep, make better food choices when I feel sluggish, etc
    Pre-plan my food more effectively - From a nutrition and budget standpoint.
    Not get so riled up about silly misinformed people on MFP
    Keep up with this thread!! :laugh:

Off to spin class and then a full day of errand running in Denver before we get 12 more inches of snow tonight. :ohwell:
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Real quick my goals for November:
    1. Log my food here since I spend more time here anyway (have been using FatSecret for over a year to track food, but figured I can make a clean break with the new month).
    2. Full-body workouts 3x/week, abs 2x/week.
    3. Run 3x/week, maybe sign up for Drumstick Dash 10k on Thanksgiving Day??
    4. Continue with the Spike Diet, periodically evaluate progress & adjust calorie targets if needed.
    5. Log a net loss for the month! I don't care how small, as long as it's a loss. :)
    6. Drink a gallon of water a day! I don't hit this every day, but pretty darn close.

Managed to get through Halloween with eating only 1 tiny Twix mini last night, can you believe it? Plus I walked my son around t-or-t'ing for an hour & a half so I'm sure I got a decent burn doing that. Can't wait to upload my BMF data to see.

Glad I'm doing a low day today (1350 cal) since I can already tell I don't have much of an appetite. Speedwork today...I hear it's going to be nice out so I might take advantage & run outdoors this evening. Have a great day all!
    Options
    I feel like ****! sorry for the profanity but it's true. My weight is up 3.4 pounds for NO REASON and I feel it. Of course it's not "REAL" weight but it feels real when it's on me. ((sigh)). woke up with a migraine too. That was not fun at all. It's still here. Hoping the caffeine takes care of that.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ok...I've had quite a Halloween with the snow storm. Been around the house for 4 days straight and would start off great but by 5pm the wheels would fall off. Ugh. Went from 138 to 142. Plus with my calf I can't just go for a long run and burn extra calories. I know there is a silver lining. I will focus on today and what I can accomplish. Going to do 2 levels of 30DS and then get on the spinning bike and see if I can pedal with my leg. I'm going to visualize a great day eating wise. Great choices and an easy evening where I end up finishing around 1500 net. (I know I'm eating those exercise cals)

My goals for November--
    1. Release the need for the night time 'I'm tired but have too much to do to sleep' binges.
    1a. Stay within my cal range.
    2. Heal my leg and pick up on my 1/2 Marathon training
    3. Commit to foam rolling and lots of stretching everyday
    4. Finish 30DS and start Ripped in 30.
    5. (Hopefully the 4lbs is a fluke) And end up around 135 by Dec 1. I'd take a solid 138.
    6. Cultivate an awareness of positive thinking all day.

That feels good to get that out there!
    Good luck to everyone!!!
    Cristi
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to this 2,000 level. Today is the closest I've ever come, and I found myself eating until I was beyond stuffed.
    Are you all maintaining, or gaining? I'm told to eat about 2,400 a day, but that seems like a LOT! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I don't think anyone here is gaining for the sake of gaining. Muscle gain is a bit different though.most of us are trying to lose slowly while primarily focusing on fat loss. I am focused on a really slow loss...maybe 1.5 pounds per month. I eat 2100+ usually since I upped my calories and usually burn more than planned.

Tip for food
    Nuts--2 Oz a day is 320 cals and not super filling.
    Peanut butter- blend into shakes or stir into oatmeal
    Whole milk yogurt and dairy products (if no heart disease history)
    Seeds- on cooked veggies, salads, as a snack
    Avocado
    Olive oil
    Fatty fish
    Hummus/tahini/guacamole for dipping
    Olives

Basically choose healthy foods that are calorie dense so that you don't have to stuff yourself. Don't "save" calories unless you know you cab eat them later. Really...just enjoy food and rid yourself of food guilt because that's the biggest demotivator when it comes to getting enough cals in.

I AM trying to gain muscle, at least for the winter anyway, then I'll go back to fat loss.

I'm the one who gave shovav the link to this post so she could get some help eating more. Glad you came over! And yeah, eat more, all day long.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to this 2,000 level. Today is the closest I've ever come, and I found myself eating until I was beyond stuffed.
    Are you all maintaining, or gaining? I'm told to eat about 2,400 a day, but that seems like a LOT! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I don't think anyone here is gaining for the sake of gaining. Muscle gain is a bit different though.most of us are trying to lose slowly while primarily focusing on fat loss. I am focused on a really slow loss...maybe 1.5 pounds per month. I eat 2100+ usually since I upped my calories and usually burn more than planned.

I AM trying to gain muscle, at least for the winter anyway, then I'll go back to fat loss.

I switched to maintenance mode a couple of months ago and will be switching to gaining mode in a couple of weeks, until mid-May. Then I'll switch back to slow loss mode. :laugh: I want the healthiest pregnancy possible.
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Love-sorry you aren't feeling well....migraines suck! I get them too.

@stubbysticks and other BMF gals-This armband is hurting my arm and bothers me on my arm. My arm is now bruised after two days. Last night I put it on my calf just below my right knee to the outside. It is sooo much more comfortable. Do you think this will be as accurate as my arm? Also, I have to have it on my arm when I ride because it will be in the way of my boot on my calf. Do you think it matters if I move it back and forth within the day??

According to my BMF, I sleep like crapola! I knew this but didn't know how bad it really is. Ugh, no wonder I always feel like I never sleep even when I'm in bed for 9 hours.....

Belly fat-I am one of those blessed in this area. My problem lies in my booty and legs :) I actually have defined muscles in my abs which I love!

To whoever asked if we are all trying to gain or maintain...I am trying to LOSE but slowly.

No problems here with halloween candy. I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't like candy. I will take a tootsie roll now and then but that's about it. Now cookies and ice cream are a whole other story!!

November goals:
    1) Add upper arm workouts on a consistent basis
    2) Try a spin class
    3) Get back to 3 days a week of yoga....my back is needing it badly
    4)Use Foam Roller every day
    5) Continue 1/2 training
    6) Decrease alcohol intake and try to limit to social occasions only (I like a glass or two of wine with dinner....sigh).

Still warm here during the day so I have to get out the door to run but will catch up again with you guys later!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    @stubbysticks and other BMF gals-This armband is hurting my arm and bothers me on my arm. My arm is now bruised after two days. Last night I put it on my calf just below my right knee to the outside. It is sooo much more comfortable. Do you think this will be as accurate as my arm? Also, I have to have it on my arm when I ride because it will be in the way of my boot on my calf. Do you think it matters if I move it back and forth within the day??

Have you tried loosening the strap a little; it might be too tight. I had that problem in the beginning because I was worried about it falling off, but had to loosen it or give it up. It stays up just fine still.

One of the things I do, is switch my BodyBugg (same thing, different marketing) to my left arm over night... I figure I'm not using either arm more than the other when I'm asleep. :smile:
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Not get so riled up about silly misinformed people on MFP

LOL love this one!

I don't get riled up so much, but I do get really confused. When I first joined MFP and was getting back into proactively changing my body composition (instead of slowly letting it run all into fat), I wasn't sure if everything I'd learned about nutrition 10 years ago still applied, or was I really out of date -- bearing in mind that the beloved food pyramid I'd grown up with had just gotten blown up and reassembled by the very feds who shoved it down our throats in elementary school to begin with! (Yes, I had a similarly emotional and traumatic reaction when Pluto got demoted. :sad:)

That's why I'm thrilled to keep up with this thread and see other viewpoints than the more common ones on MFP's forums. I'm glad to know that I'm not completely out of the loop when it comes to the latest fitness trends these days. :wink:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi. I introduced myself yesterday.

November Goals:

Drink More Water
    Exercising at least an hour a day (expect rest day).
    Continue working on belly fat (the only place left I swear!)
    Do not let turning 30 bring me down, but only to get myself motivated.

Today I got quite a workout in. I was on the arc trainer for 45 minutes and then lifted weights. Today's target areas were biceps, triceps, glutes and abs.
    Today my calorie total is going to be 2,732. I have a hard time getting there when I work out for 2 hours.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Goals for November:

Lift 3 times a week.
    Hit my protein macro every day.

Thanks pretty much it.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Goals for November? Tough call, because I'm on a cruise from November 17-26 and I will NOT be logging! :happy:

But, I'll say:
    1. Complete the 25-day yoga challenge at my studio - which means 13 classes in the next 14 days.
    2. Maintain weight below 130 up until the cruise (my regular monthly weigh-in is the day before we leave).
    3. Maintain my running and lifting schedule for the entire month, *including* on the cruise. I'm scheduled to log 55 miles in November, and NROLW twice a week.
    4. Be in bed before midnight!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    belly fat ...I think it's an individual approach kind of problem...some people have flat stomachs and collect weight in their bottom half. I have several friends like this. First you have to have reasonable expectations...some people can get an 8 pack in a few weeks while others can labor over it for years and get a flat stomach but never definition of the same kind. Okay...so tips for that area...lots of healthy fats and whole grains....and I mean lots of fat....vary your workouts, incorporate interval training 1-2x a week (more than 2 is not necessary) and do weights to build muscle. I do core work because I want defined abs.

Anywho...hope that helps. I will do one more post this morning to list by goals.

Thanks, Love, (I hope your migraine disappears ASAP!) and everyone who answered about their belly fat (or lack thereof). My goal for shedding the belly fat is totally reasonable for me, IMO. I can see the potential. And I'm willing to put in the hard work to do it. I just don't want it to take forever. Thanks for the tips, which I do a lot of already. Avocados are my new best friend already, I love 'em. I just ordered the Jillian Michael's Blast Fat Boost Metabolism DVD and will start that after 6 Week 6 Pack (I have 2 weeks left). I also do strength training after my DVDs, and run on a track 2x/wk. I actually forget to take rest days, unless something forces me to miss a workout (kids, their sicknesses, a business meeting, can't-miss errands). And I'll start incorporating more core work besides crunches e.g. Russian twists and planks.

This morning as I finished my run, my daughter's preschool called me to come get her because she wasn't acting well. She's fine, but in my mind I was bummed because I didn't get my extra 10 minutes to do core work, earning me the right to eat more. :grumble: I'll be shy of 2000 by a few, so I'll just roll with it. My cold is now making it harder to breathe and I hope it doesn't get worse.
  • xcjumper
    Options
    Have you tried loosening the strap a little; it might be too tight. I had that problem in the beginning because I was worried about it falling off, but had to loosen it or give it up. It stays up just fine still.

One of the things I do, is switch my BodyBugg (same thing, different marketing) to my left arm over night... I figure I'm not using either arm more than the other when I'm asleep. :smile:

I tried it loose but it fell down while I was riding and it fell down yesterday at work when I was using that arm. I tried it on the calf. Major fail! It was totally not accurate while I ran but it was oh sooo comfy. I'm bummed. Back to arm. I'll wear it loose and then tighten it up when I ride today. I will put it on my leg to sleep though so I can rest my arm. That seemed to work ok.

@Agthorn- I love yoga! I do hot yoga. I am going to try a new studio today that I got a Groupon for. My studio (which I love) is SO expensive. It's crazy. I can't afford it :( At least this new studio offers a student discount! Hoping I like it as much.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    @Agthorn- I love yoga! I do hot yoga. I am going to try a new studio today that I got a Groupon for. My studio (which I love) is SO expensive. It's crazy. I can't afford it :( At least this new studio offers a student discount! Hoping I like it as much.

I do "very warm" yoga - the studio is usually about 85-90 degrees. So enough to sweat a little and lubricate the joints, but not so hot as to be uncomfortable. I don't want to drip while working out. I'm (finally) no longer a student, so my studio works out to about $85 a month. Plus however much I spend on yoga clothes! :happy:
  • xcjumper
    Options
    Yes, this new place is the "very warm" yoga. My other studio is HOT. As in, 110 degrees and 80% humidity. And don't get me started on yoga clothes. I have a lulu lemon just down the street :)
    Options
    Hi. I introduced myself yesterday.

November Goals:

Drink More Water
    Exercising at least an hour a day (expect rest day).
    Continue working on belly fat (the only place left I swear!)
    Do not let turning 30 bring me down, but only to get myself motivated.

Today I got quite a workout in. I was on the arc trainer for 45 minutes and then lifted weights. Today's target areas were biceps, triceps, glutes and abs.
    Today my calorie total is going to be 2,732. I have a hard time getting there when I work out for 2 hours.

Oh, it's easy...
    2 slices hearty bread (200 calories) w/ 2 oz cheese (200) and 1/4 sliced avocado(50??) (made into a sandwich)...then cooked in a pan with 1/2 tbsp earth balance butter (or olive oil if you wish) (50) --TOTAL: 500 calories for a grilled cheese with healthy fat

1 baked sweet potato (or microwaved) with cinnamon, brown sugar, and 1 tbsp earth balance or butter ~ 250-300 calories

protein shake w/ 1 cup milk (80) 1 banana (100) 2 tbsp pb (180) and protein powder (120) -480 calories