<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! Just tagging the new thread.

My halloween strategy?: Eat candy and deal with it later.:devil:
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I just saw this thread. :) I would love to join. I feel like a freak eating so much with all these other people trying to eat 1200-1400. I tried that ONE DAY (I think my limit was 1450) and I wanted to cry. I figured there had to be a better way.

So, now my calorie allotment is set at 1600, but I work out for an average of 40-80 minutes, adding 400-700 calories - almost all of which I eat, WILLINGLY, GLADLY, and WITHOUT HESITATION. hahaha.

My food calorie total/day ranges from 1800-2400 a day.

I look at this as a lifestyle change. I'm sorry, but there is NO WAY I am going to adopt a lifestyle where I have to eat like a bird and start pecking everyone's head off, out of hunger and frustration.

Love seeing this thread. :) Woo hoo!

Add me as a friend if you'd like.. :)
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I think we're about to trigger a new topic....

I live in Orange County - went to school in Santa Barbara and then came back. I thought I might leave the state or go up to the bay area but you really can't beat the weather here.

Weird - My husband actually grew up in SB, went to Laguna Blanca, then moved to Dana Point when he was 14. His parents still live there and we visit often!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    jade999a, do you have a link to the 50% off the BMF? If so, I may truly get it....... :bigsmile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I need to go up from 1750 to 1850-1900... Are you starting a group?

Basically this group is anti 1200. You are welcome (right?) even if you don't make 2000 every day. OR you could work out a little more to push you up to 2000....
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I need to go up from 1750 to 1850-1900... Are you starting a group?

Basically this group is anti 1200. You are welcome (right?) even if you don't make 2000 every day. OR you could work out a little more to push you up to 2000....

I agree. 2000 isn't the magic "entry" number. Just anyone who agrees 1200 is reDONKulous and eats for fuel and loves it.:heart:
    you're at 1750 and want to RAISE it???? Then WELCOME!
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I think we're about to trigger a new topic....

I live in Orange County - went to school in Santa Barbara and then came back. I thought I might leave the state or go up to the bay area but you really can't beat the weather here.

I left the weather ... I grew up in L.A., spent college and 10 years in San Diego (which I LOVED). Never, ever, ever thought I'd leave CA ...

But, life happens. :laugh: Spent 6 months in TX, then moved to UT for a job. Still here. Absolutely FELL IN LOVE with the snow ... although i'm still terrified of driving in it (and I still drive my 2002 Altima that I bought in So Cal, haha). We'll see how this winter treats me now that this will be the first real winter where I'll be commuting to work (previously used public transportation to get to school).
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bumping to get in the new thread...

Halloween strategies...we're taking my daughter to a new neighborhood for trick or treating, one of those gated communities where they pass out full sized candy bars. This could be a problem! I think we'll have to freeze everything.
  • caveats
    Options
    I agree. 2000 isn't the magic "entry" number. Just anyone who agrees 1200 is reDONKulous and eats for fuel and loves it.:heart:
    you're at 1750 and want to RAISE it???? Then WELCOME!

I'm thinking I need to actually raise my calories a little more ... looking back at my numbers and thinking I've plateaued for the last couple of weeks. 1800-2200 calories still isn't enough for poor little ole me trying to add muscle (although I'm definitely feeling a difference in less flab, more firmness ... woo hoo)

MOAR MEAT AND FAT, BRING IT ON!!! :bigsmile:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Just tagging the thread.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Wow we are plugging away here!!
    I just figured out that I have averaged 2100 calories per day for the past week. I am surprised at how hard it is for me to get to 2100 in a healthy way!! It seems that if I hit my protein for the day, I am way over in sodium and way under in fiber (which I really need alot of), and if I hit my fiber, I go over in carbs, and somedays to hit the calorie mark I have nuts or PB and end up going over in fats...arghhh all this number crunching is tough!!!!
    ANyone have any good high protein breakfast ideas that dont involve eggs or protein poweder? I love eggs, but I wonder if eating them day in and day out will stall my weight loss??? I have been told to "shake things up" with regard to my daily diet because I tend to eat the same things all the time....
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    jade999a, do you have a link to the 50% off the BMF? If so, I may truly get it....... :bigsmile:

Here is the link for the BMF deal: http://www.bodymedia.com/site/landing/bwsavings.html

Hope everyone has a great Halloween! :bigsmile:
  • caveats
    Options
    ANyone have any good high protein breakfast ideas that dont involve eggs or protein poweder? I love eggs, but I wonder if eating them day in and day out will stall my weight loss??? I have been told to "shake things up" with regard to my daily diet because I tend to eat the same things all the time....

Steak 'n' eggs? :happy: Also a huge fan of homemade corned beef hash. You can control how much "hash" so it doesn't get too carby (and corned beef is supereasy to make in a crock pot.) Pre-make a batch to keep handy in the fridge, and it heats up quick in a microwave or with a quick stir-fry in a skillet.

"Deli cut" roll-ups are easy and quick. Sliced luncheon meat (I dislike preprocessed deli meat though because of the sodium, so I usually roast a turkey breast and slice it up at home for this) wrapped around sliced cheese, maybe a celery stick too for some crunch. This is almost "lunch"-like, but I never have a problem eating dinner for breakfast, breakfast for dinner, etc., so YYMV.

Don't know how you feel about tofu or soy, but my mom used to make warmed soy milk with egg scrambled in it (it's a traditional Chinese breakfast) and it's awesome for cold winter mornings. It's like making egg drop soup, but in soy milk. (I know it sounds odd, but it's really very good.) I also have vegetarian friends that are also a fan of the tofu scramble -- basically, substitute medium (or if you like it runny, soft) tofu for eggs, add ingredients, scramble in skillet = deliciousness.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Welcome to our newbies! yay for new faces!

We don't celebrate Halloween in New Zealand....well, the big stores try to push it on us and we did get one group of kids around last night but I think the little sh*ts were just trying their luck!

Weight circuit last night followed by a 7km walk to work this morning, I'm on fire!

Spent some time arguing the 1200 rule with other members on MFP last night, to be honest I just like winding people up :devil:
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Here is the link for the BMF deal: http://www.bodymedia.com/site/landing/bwsavings.html

Hope everyone has a great Halloween! :bigsmile:

Thanks so much! :)
    I'll ruminate over this today. I'm at maintenance and wonder if I really need something like this, or if I'll just get by without it for now. It really comes at a time when I can't afford it, unfortunately.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    darn it, the cheap deal on BMF only ships to US and Canada....oh well, have to look at that Australian site suggested by another member. Why is NZ so behind everyone else in cool gadgets :(

lol
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Bump to tag new thread!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    yeah 2000 is just a rough number - some people are eating that or more but I don't think all of us eat that every day. I know I don't - not active enough, don't work out enough, and still trying to lose so i need to eat a deficit.

Its just that we're all so tired of having those groups where people go "omigosh I ate a mini snickers bar that's 80 calories now I can't eat dinner or I will be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat"

I had the free halloween lunch today - kind of bland but at least it was a nice "balanced" meal (salad, pasta with meat sauce, a small roll with butter). And a full sized snickers bar which is currently waiting for me in the freezer. That's sadly healthier than I have been eating lately - yesterday I had 2 pretzel buns (equivalent to 4 pretzel rolls), a bratwurst, a chicken sausage, and like a huge helping of store made potato salad (so you KNOW it must have been horrible for you).

Oh and a beer which I just realized I forgot to log. Bah. ... and a thin slice of apple strudel which I also forgot to log. And darnit, that puts me over. Oh well.

I ended up not eating dinner because I was totally stuffed for HOURS....which is good because I was already well over 1800 and that's a highish day for me.

psych - maybe you can have it shipped to the states and have someone ship it over to you? I mean international shipping is expensive but probably not quite as much as the australian site is (Although maybe not - depends on what the exchange rate is like?)
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt! it's a great source of protein without a lot of fat or carbs. i prefer the 2% because it tastes much more flavorful. if i have the 0%, i add splenda to sweeten it up.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    We haven't bought halloween candy for trick-or-treaters since the year that we were left with 4 nearly full bags after exactly three kids came by. If we want stuff, we buy a small bag for ourselves. We've already had reese's mini cups, peppermint patty minis, and candy corn so far this fall :-)