<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    What are your strategies for Halloween? I'm nervous since I'll be the charge nurse at work tomorrow. I have to stay a little lower in cals since I can't workout and I know there'll be treats everywhere. Logically, I know I don't need to restrict myself but I need to make up for the weekend.

I will be bowling. :laugh: Mondays are our league bowling night! We also have a "pre-game" session at a local bar/grill where they make the absolutely most SCRUMPTIOUS burgers (with hand-ground 7 oz. chuck, or buffalo, or whatever is on special ... good God). So, Mondays, I'm pretty careful with my lunch to make sure I have room for that burger and a side of rosemary garlic fries. Generally, I try to keep it carb-free (grilled chicken or tuna salad is a go-to favorite). Downing a protein drink an hour or two after lunch helps to stave off cravings until pre-game, too. And then that burger is oh-so-satisfying, so I don't need anything the rest of the night.

The office has been a minefield for Halloween candy for the past month anyway; I've ignored it all. I'd rather spend my carbs/calories on donuts or bagels, if someone brings that into the office. :blushing:

I'll have a lot more trouble in the next couple of months when the homemade baked sweets start rolling into the break room ... :ohwell:
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty safe with Halloween, not really a big thing in Germany, so no real temptation for me. When I lived in the US, my strategy was always to buy candy I didn't like, then no temptation at all. Haha.
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Morning everybody! I had a super weekend with my family, ate lots, only did a 45 minute run (plus a bit of running after 4-year-olds which doesn't count) and so surprise, surprise I wiegh more this morning. Oh, well. I weigh myself first thing in the morning when I feel like it - probably about once a week but just whenever I get round to it.

Favourite cereal - probably Sugar Puffs (which aren't terribly healthy, so favourite healthy cereal would be Shreddies I think).

I'm fairly lax about logging calories so my family don't really know that I do that. They do think I'm a bit mad for the amount of exercise I do, but I don't get hassle about that.

Rest days - when I was doing serious amounts of triathlon training earlier in the year, my rest day would be total rest - I wouldn't even do the 20 minutes easy cycling to and from the train (I can do it by bus instead, just I'd rather cycle). At the moment as I'm not training so hard, a rest day will still include that cycling, just nothing else.

Welcome to the new people, and well done for all the successes! Running 15 miles in training (I think I got that right?) that's a fair old way to go on your own, nice one.

Oh, and I'll be 40 next year :noway: so I almost qualify for the old(er) farts club...
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've just caught up with this thread, you lot have been busy! :)

I've kept my calorie goal at 1570 but have been eating some of my exercise cals so I'm actually eating anything from 1700 to 2100, depending on the day. I was sure I would put on weight after I started eating more, but I've lost 0.4 kg in just over a week, yay! I feel so energetic and strong, I'm glad I found you ladies!

I had a brilliant weekend and walked 7,5 hours up and down hills with my husband and our dog. Normally I would take the dog for a gentle 60-90 min walk on my rest day(s) but since that last walk totally killed my legs I'm having a rest day today. The 25 min run (I'm on week 7 on C25K) and 30DS will have to wait until tomorrow!

I don't really eat much cereal (as a non-meat eater I worry about getting enough protein so I always have lots of yoghurt in the morning with some fruit and a sprinkling of muesli), but if I did it would have to be Bran Flakes. As for Halloween, the only thing that tempts me is pumpkin soup with a chilli kick! :)
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Really blew my calories out of the water yesterday...or at least I think I did. Anyone have a guess at how many calories are in a plate of delicious lebanese hummus and chicken....and about 10 pita rounds with 2-3 tbsp of garlic sauce? HAH. I couldn't figure it out so I just quick added about 2000 calories for that meal to my diary and called it a day. Bad thing was it was a rest day yesterday...so aside from shopping most of the day...I didn't burn any massive amounts of calories to counteract all that yumminess. Good news is at I ate at lunch...and continued to shop for a few hours after.

Other than yesterday, the past few days have been a smorgasboard of calories. I was going to ease up a bit since getting the BMF and trying to figure out my calorie burn for a typical weekday (is looking to be about 2200 for the day average). If that's the case, then I think I need to be sticking to about 1600-1700 cals....rather than eating more. On days with lots of cardio, I can go higher...but it seems the weight training doesn't burn much (well, duh, it burns throughout the day but how does the BMF register this to tell me what the increase is)?

At any rate....today is the last day to get in on the 50% off BMF Link armband deal...so if you were considering it, you might want to bite the bullet and save $100+ by ordering it today.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Really blew my calories out of the water yesterday...or at least I think I did. Anyone have a guess at how many calories are in a plate of delicious lebanese hummus and chicken....and about 10 pita rounds with 2-3 tbsp of garlic sauce? HAH. I couldn't figure it out so I just quick added about 2000 calories for that meal to my diary and called it a day. Bad thing was it was a rest day yesterday...so aside from shopping most of the day...I didn't burn any massive amounts of calories to counteract all that yumminess. Good news is at I ate at lunch...and continued to shop for a few hours after.

Other than yesterday, the past few days have been a smorgasboard of calories. I was going to ease up a bit since getting the BMF and trying to figure out my calorie burn for a typical weekday (is looking to be about 2200 for the day average). If that's the case, then I think I need to be sticking to about 1600-1700 cals....rather than eating more. On days with lots of cardio, I can go higher...but it seems the weight training doesn't burn much (well, duh, it burns throughout the day but how does the BMF register this to tell me what the increase is)?

At any rate....today is the last day to get in on the 50% off BMF Link armband deal...so if you were considering it, you might want to bite the bullet and save $100+ by ordering it today.

were they mini pita rounds or regular (6 inch) pitas? I could look it up for you!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    were they mini pita rounds or regular (6 inch) pitas? I could look it up for you!

They're the handmade kind where they bake them in the stone fire "oven" - not mini, not 6 inch, about 4-5" or so? Kinda puffy and full of air on the inside?
    Options
    I think I am SLOOOWLY losing weight :)

for the past 10 days I've gone progressively down .6 pounds. A few higher days that usual but all in all it has been a progressive decrease in weight. I would only ever get down to 94 pounds MINIMUM. That corresponds to a BMI of 19...92 pounds is a BMI of 18.58/the border of "unhealthy."

My goal weight range is 94-98 pounds (which I am currently IN at 96 or so pounds...so right in the middle). 99-100 is DANGER zone and I need to reign it in/make changes. So, I can still lose 2 pounds and be within my window but I'm trying to figure out maintenance right now...not necessarily lose weight per se...if it happens I welcome it but if it doesn't and I get to eat more then I WIN!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I like your take on maintenance, even though I have another 40-50 lbs to go, I've thought about how I want to approach it. I plan to give myself a 10lb range to stay in, & if I get too close to the top of the range, I'll log my food & actively keep a deficit for however many weeks I need to to get back to the lower end. I still plan to keep my beloved spike days. :)
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow I have a few pages to catch up on!

I had a lazy week last week and I am FEELING it! Been a whole week without working out and not really watching my diet. I dont like the way I feel. But last week was bad. Hubby was sick with the flu, so I had a big baby to take care of. My husband and I are trying to conceive #3 and I ovulated last week while he was sick, at least I have another month to get my body in shape for baby. FIL is going through a divorce and he is needing alot of help with things, he turns 60 in November but he is in a nursing home due to a accident 15 years ago. So i have alot to do for him shopping, organizing, running around. Oh and last night I got NO sleep, DD vomited ALL over her room just as I went to bed. (her dad took her to five guys lastnight, bleh) I was in bed for half hour and she came down stairs. It was EVERYWHERE, ewwww. Bed, floor, nightstand, under night stand, wall, oh and she was walking around all over upstairs. Then hubby started coughing till he vomited all night long. So i could use a nap! I was going to start over today, get up and work out. I am so tired cant keep eyes open. I had a BMF from a year ago that I gave my mom to try and she gave it back to me now so i just started that again. OK.. I am GOING to go get on the treadmill right now! Hopefully I can find some energy for the rest of my day.

Happy Halloween!! I hope it is not to cold out to take the kids out tonight. My daughter is Bella tonight and 2 of my dogs will join us as a K9 cop and a prisoner. (the chi-weiny is the cop and the border collie is the prisoner) HAHA!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Wow this thread moves quickly!

I'd been having trouble with some pain behind my left knee and down into my calf off an on for about a month. Thursday night into Friday, I woke up a lot during the night because when I'd move, pain would shoot all the way up and down the back of my left leg (even up through my glute!). I finally caved and made an appt with the orthopedist on Friday. Thankfully it turned out to not be anything major...an overuse injury with a strained knee/hamstring. When I asked the doctor about restrictions, he said only restriction is that if it hurts, don't do it. :laugh: So - I did my NROLFW workout on Saturday morning (squat day...no deadlifts...I don't think I could've done the deadlifts!!!) along with a 30 minute boxing dvd. Felt fine the rest of the day and yesterday. I didn't do any 'formal' exercise yesterday - it was my rest day. I take one per week. I did do more walking than usual yesterday and did a lot of housework, but like most of you ladies - I don't factor that in as exercise...it's more 'bonus calories burned!'

Went to a costume party on Saturday night with the hubby (despite getting 8-10" of snow here on Saturday!). It was a lot of fun!!! Splurged a little and had a small glass of red wine and a bottle of beer.

The leg is feeling really good today, so I'm going to attempt my NROLFW workout with deadlifts (going to reduce my weight a little bit to be on the safe side) and do 30-45 minutes of cardio of some sort.

I'm SOOOO torn about ordering a BMF today! My Polar HRM (which I really do love) has been on the 'fritz' the last couple of weeks...either not picking up my HR or giving me some crazy reading like 224 bpm! I have tried everything I can think of (washing the chest strap, replacing batteries in the chest strap and the watch, etc.) - to no avail. So I know I need to mail it in to a service center to have it looked at/fixed, but part of me is wondering if I should just order the BMF so I can see what I'm burning in a day...vs just my workouts. For those of you that have BOTH a HRM and a BMF - which do you prefer????

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Jess
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Still feeling pretty blah here, but trying to get a good day out of it anyways.
    Went on my usual walk with my girlfriend for an hour and I plan to do some weights and running today too.
    Aiming for a bigger than usual burn today to make up for both my rest day yesterday and my munching all weekend. I knew the munchies were coming and tried to prepare for it earlier in the week by eating a little under, but the scale has me up 4 freaking pounds today. I don't usually gain that much right before TOM, so I am baffled. I guess way to much sodium, too many carbs and PMS don't play well together.
    Just trying to keep my head in the game and not get too down on myself. I know it will pass, gotta give it some time and effort (and lots of water).
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    By my estimation, the grand total for my spike day ended up at almost 6600 calories. Not kidding! However, I had some huge deficits throughout the week because of my reduced calories, so even with yesterday's Foodapalooza I averaged an 800 calorie deficit over the last 7 days. Win!

My post-Spike gain was just under 5 lbs which is not unusual. The magnitude of my spike WAS unusual though, so I won't be disappointed if I don't hit a new low this week. I'll be happy with getting that 5 back off. I do suspect that another week of the lower calories could do a little more than that...we shall see.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Injured myself over the weekend. Can't walk on right leg. Mentally freaking out because 'how am I going to eat if I don't burn tons of calories' I know it's just in my head and a faulty belief. It's an old tape that goes on high when something out of my control happens. So after eating through the Halloween candy on Saturday and eating minestrone soup all day Sunday--the scale went up by 4lbs. Believe it or not I'm not crazy worried as I would have been in the past. I'm sure some of it's actual weight and a lot of it sodium. No biggie. I'm stickin with MFP.
    Today is normally an active rest day. Meaning--no run but an hour of so of walking. Since I can't walk. I did .....30DS
    D16---Level 1 and then Level 2. I modified all the cardio and strength so that I didn't keep injuring my calf. Yep, my arms and legs are shaking as I type this!!! I love it but still slightly worried that it doesn't burn enough calories to allow me to eat enough or as much as I'm used to. Guess I'll just have to stop whining and deal with it!! Haha.
    My husband actually got up even earlier and did D3L1!!! The two teenagers did L1 with me today. Who knew?

Have a great Monday!
    Cristi

Oh about telling my family about counting calories....not the best idea. I'm pretty sure we are a family choc full of eating disorders. Best to just do my own thing and avoid the craziness. (Not my immediate family--kids and husband but my parents and siblings)
    Options
    calcon-so sorry about your injury. eating disorders have a genetic component so i'd watch your daughter carefully...especially if you have scales around or actively count in front of her. it's weird how those things can have an adverse effect when we're not careful.

stubbysticks-awesome...800 calorie deficit is still 1/4 of a pound. I'd take it :) So you want to incorporate your spike day into your maintenance plan? I have "treat days" on weekends and eat about 300-500 calories more than usual. I like the freedom.

jomatho- you didn't gain 4 pounds...don't worry. It will go away. i know it can be mentally defeating despite knowing logically that your weight is just up for now.

jkuhn-we got snow here too! it's pretty but it's colder than all get out. I'm a CA girl not used to the snow. lol
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Halloween strategies? My strategy today (and for the rest of the week....) is to eat candy, but hopefully not too much.

I grew up in a healthy household where holidays and special occasions were the only time we got treats - we only had soda if we were hosting a birthday party, for example. The problem is I never learned that you should ONLY

Jade - I doubt it was actually that bad, next time just try taking a rough stab at it by picking entries out of the food search that look close. I usually like, look for pita bread for example, then look at 4 or 5 of them and pick one that falls in the upper middle of the calorie range.

Love - I'm a CA girl too but I stayed here. I lived in Japan for a year though and I always looked like a nut when I went anywhere because I'd have like 5 layers on, walk into the store, and have to strip off a bunch of stuff because I had no cold tolerance but hten the stores would be heated....

Stubby - I had to go look at your diary because that number blew me away - but I could totally see myself eating this much. I'm sure I did have days where I ate like that and didn't even realize it. Eep. How do you like the spike diet so far?

Jo- Its not real weight, I fluctuated FIVE pounds just over like 8 hours yesterday. Bodies are weird. Its only long term trends that matter.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Happy halloween!!!

My strategy to avoid disaster on halloween is to get rid of most of my daughters candy before we can all eat it!! I let her keep the stuff she likes, but only so much, and I let her eat 1 piece per day IF she eats her fruits and veggies for the day. As for myself I really dont get into the candy because I would rather have a tbsp of peanut butter than a small candy bar, so thats exactly what I do!!! This year they actually cancelled halloween because of the freakish storm, so thursday will be our halloween day and I suspect alot of people wont be participating so hopefully that means less candy in the house!!

Trying to get in a healthy 2000 cals today!!
    Options
    Dawn...how old is your daughter?

Tameko...where abouts in CA do you live?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I think we're about to trigger a new topic....

I live in Orange County - went to school in Santa Barbara and then came back. I thought I might leave the state or go up to the bay area but you really can't beat the weather here.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I need to go up from 1750 to 1850-1900... Are you starting a group?