<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I hate when I feel this way. I like being chipper and happy. So I hope you all are doing much better than I am!!

nope. blah here.
    It snowed 4 inches, everyone is in a bad mood, we're all in separate rooms ignoring each other because it seems anything anyone says turns into a fight. I'm starving and do not want anything good that is in the house. I want something horrible, like Chinese, but Mr. Crabby Pants won't take me anywhere.

:( It snowed in RI as well and in CT. I am going back home now but my train being late was craptastic. Then I had like NOTHING good for breakfast. 3 musketeers minis, instant oatmeal, pirates booty, cereal --all carbs basically. I had all carbs yesterday for the most part and it makes me feel like **** when I have an imbalanced diet. At least I did eat veggies yesterday. Much better than I'm doing so far today.

I am going to have Jillian whip my butt into shape after I get home, eat, and get some work done. That will make me feel better. I just feel groggy. The calories don't bother me but the utter lack of nutrients and the way it's making me feel physically (not mentally) is really not fun.

Snowed 6-8 inches yesterday. Sat around and ate all the Halloween candy--no trick or treaters! Big plate of nachos too. Not gonna lie the nachos with chili was great. Did have a stomach ache afterwards. Woke up happy to run 6 miles and do 30DS. Went out for my run---weather was gorgeous!! Sunny! Calf started aching at 3 miles and I ignored it. Hurting by 4 1/2 and then at 5 -BANG--sharp knife like pain. Unable to even step on that foot. I actually had to call my husband to pick me up!! I was dragging my leg on my heel when he got there. UGH!!! Got home and decided to do 30DS ---just the things that I didn't have to use my right calf for. It was funny but got through it--no cardio!. I am determined to stay happy and believe that this will heal quickly. I'll take a rest day from running tomorrow and then see how it feels Tuesday. In the meantime, I will find other stuff to do and roll with the punches. I managed not to freak out over my crappy eating yesterday and I'm filling myself up on healthy veggie soup today. I treasure piece/peace of mind more than everything else. It will all work out!
    Cristi
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I hate when I feel this way. I like being chipper and happy. So I hope you all are doing much better than I am!!

nope. blah here.
    It snowed 4 inches, everyone is in a bad mood, we're all in separate rooms ignoring each other because it seems anything anyone says turns into a fight. I'm starving and do not want anything good that is in the house. I want something horrible, like Chinese, but Mr. Crabby Pants won't take me anywhere.

Blah here too. Haven't worked out and doubt I will at this point. Just trying to keep the calories eaten under the calories burned, that's my huge motivation for the day. Ho-hum. I hate days like this. . .
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry everyone seems to be feeling yucky today! Not to be that annoying upbeat person "Do you have a case of the Mondays??" Ha - but I'm having a great day so far. I slept like 10 hours last night - got up and made the family Swedish pancakes. It's an old family recipe that I never dared put in the recipe maker to figure out the cals because I didn't want to stop eating them. But, I finally sucked it up and did it and was pleasantly surprised - 210 calories for 2 pancakes! So happy!

Went to church and then came home and had the kids make some trail mix and now I'm making mummy dogs and frozen bananas dipped in white chocolate (ghosts) for my 7 year olds Halloween party tomorrow.

THEN while the hubby watches the Steelers game, the kids and I are headed to a friend's house for some Halloween crafts and movies...AND WINE! I'm not paying too much attention to calories today and it FEELS GOOD!

I hope everyone else's day gets better! It helps that the sun is shining and my snow is starting to melt!

I'm also taking an official rest day - I don't do it much and instead of freaking out about it, I'm going to embrace it.

Oh and about weighing - I actually weigh myself constantly, but just don't let the peaks and valleys bug me too much. It's just when the valley gets too high is when I pay attention.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    wow, sorry so many of you are having such a crappy day :(
    I am so thankful that we have power, that I am feeling pretty good this sunday. We had an unseasonably early snowstorm, 6+ inches of snow, trees down all over, and all over the state there are people without power so i am just happy that we have it!!! got my workout in and now relaxing!!

Heres hoping everyones day picks up!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I walked home from the train station. Stopped and got pralines n cream froyo...yummy. Doing a 30 min run and then ripped. Homework then another 30 min run and abs. 1 hour run, 45 mins strength. ~2000 calories I think. I have to log by exercise to double check. I have my deficit set to ~250 which is ~1100 net calories. My burn has to get to 900 for me to eat 2000 since the 250 deficit is a buffer for mfp's overestimations of my burn and my own calorie estimates. Not leaving a "deficit" would result in weight gain.

So I night not burn 900 but I will be close. I would guess that 800 burned would be a good guess since I also walked. I will report back.

What's everyones favorite cold cereal?

Mine is kashi honey sunshine or go lean. Yummy. I had 2 of those prepackaged cups at the stations and that cost me 5 bucks...I was pissed but I had to eat something since I was up since 5 and didn't get back till around 2.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Went for a nice walk/jog with my dog this afternoon. The forest around here is so beautiful right now. We're having opposite weather from that snowstorm I keep hearing about in the US, it's been 16 C and sunny, very strange end of October weather for Germany, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts.

I did 2 Tabata intervals today, one with the jump rope and one with a mix of Burpees, Mountain Climbers, High Knees and Jumping Jacks. So much for a "rest day". Haha

I don't eat cereal anymore, so I don't have a favorite one. I'm eating mostly Paleo at this point and cereal's out. Also, the cereal choices around here are pretty poor, I guess most Germans aren't big cereal eaters.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Chocolate Chex. Don't say it, already know. But I love it, & eat it on almost every Spike Day. :)

Placement of BMF: When I first got mine over a year ago I did wear it on my left arm but wasn't crazy about it. A couple months in I started wearing it on my leg instead & have been doing that ever since. Didn't notice any changes in the readings & it's much more comfortable there, not to mention invisible since I rarely wear anything above the knee. I wear it on the inside of my right leg just above the calf. I find that I can tighten the strap just enough to keep it from sliding around & it reads fine. Since I have less fat there it's a million times more comfortable. If I wear a dress shorter than knee-length, I'll widen the strap & wear it at the top of the thigh. Readings seems fine then too, not as comfy but I can tolerate it for a night out.

I personally weigh daily. I don't calculate the weekly average, but every time I reach a new low I'll log it here. Fluctuates wildly just because of the way I eat but it does follow a predictable pattern so it doesn't freak me out. I gain an average of 4.5 lb after every spike day, but then I'll lose more than 5 throughout the week. I find that the post-spike gain actually keeps me motivated, because I'm challenged to work really hard through the week to get down to a new low, & each day I see that scale creep down just a little bit more. I also recognize my body's patterns, so if I'm - ahem - irregular, I know that will show up on the scale. Sometimes I might indulge in something super carby or high in sodium, so I'll know that could impact my next weigh-in too, but I accept that as a consequence & some things are just worth it. :) I've gained as much as 9 lbs after 2 consecutive days of spiking, but I got it back off within a couple of weeks & was logging a new low by the third week.

I don't usually do active rest days, though I did go with my husband to the gym this morning & today was my planned rest day. I walked a few laps around the track with him but I'm not counting it as exercise.
    Options
    Weigh ins: I weigh in daily. Same scale, roughly the same time, AFTER the same length workout (if i don't workout i can't poop so I weigh in after working out and pooping then add a pound back on for sweat loss--it might be SLIGHTLY off but still consistent).

Rest days: usually "active rest days" with a very slow run and pilates as opposed to circuit training and a faster run.
    Options

I don't usually do active rest days, though I did go with my husband to the gym this morning & today was my planned rest day. I walked a few laps around the track with him but I'm not counting it as exercise.

but it is exercise, why not count it? you earned it! :) What did you have for this past spike day?
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    What did you have for this past spike day?
    OMG...so many things, lol! I just logged what I guesstimate I ate & it's up to 4500 calories now. Last night's dinner was Chinese food - shrimp chow fun, cream cheese wontons, beef fried rice, breakfast was Denny's - Ultimate Omelette with hash browns & french toast, Lunch was just a couple of things picked off an appetizer sampler plus 2 choc cupcakes, & some time between all of that a pint of Ben & Jerry's has been annihilated.

It definitely has run its course! Chugging the water big time - never a problem after eating so much crap lol!! - & will pick at some leftover Chinese for dinner. :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Monday here - blah!

had a great run yesterday and for the first time ever, actually struggled to meet my calories! Who am I?!?!
    Today is work, study for exam (English lit paper that I took for interest and I'm hating lol) and lifting when I get home tonight!

As far as weighing everyday - I do this. and for a long time that stupid little number would control my entire day. But these days I just acknowledge what it is and move on :)

We're finally coming into some kind of Spring/Summer here in NZ after what seemed like the longest winter ! Its so nice to actually see the sun and I find that I'm in a better mood when the weather is nicer.

As for favourite cereal - hmmm Im such an oatmeal girl that I hardly ever have cold cereal, and if I do its usually oats lol but I also like All Bran....good for keeping you regular if you know what I mean!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Favorite healthy cereal: Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble
    Favorite crap cereal: Lucky Charms
    Favorite cereal to eat dry: Cracklin Oat Bran
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my measurements are about the same, give or take a few cms. I wouldn't say my clothes are fitting much better, but they aren't tight or anything. I've been heavy lifting for about 12 weeks now, so I think my fluid retention should be under control...but I suppose I could have gained muscle weight, considering I have been doing it for about 3 months. They say roughly a pound/month, don't they?

My issue too is that I have to consume more sodium than the average person, which I why I think my weight fluctuates so much....but, I don't typically sit in the 150s for very long. GRRR. I hope it works itself out.

Yes, I've also heard the lb/mo metric, although of course it varies with people (I tend to gain more than that early on); I definitely wouldn't rule out muscle gain for you, especially if you've been at it for 3 months already.
    I take my measurements every two weeks as well and they seem to be the same, and my clothes fit the same as well. Since it's been two months I thought any fluid retention would have worked itself out by now. Right now I'm focusing more on lowering my intake a bit and upping my cardio to increase my calorie burn. We'll see what happens over the next month.

ruststar, let us know how that goes ... I'd be curious to know. I'm sticking to weight training because I know I'm soft and flabby underneath the love handles, so when I finally burn those off, I want some definition to show ... not more flab. :) I'm struggling with the mental aspect of realizing that my body in its 30s does NOT work the same as it did in the 20s. Ugh. And I haven't even added kids in the mix yet!

Rest day -- usually unplanned, and usually a day when I'm too busy for the gym or I've been too busy AT the gym/outdoors and want a break (couch time with my sweetie! currently on "House" and "Tudors" marathons, haha). I still try to eat normally (i.e., not binging on junk food).

Cold cereal -- not a part of my regular diet. We had it growing up, but as an adult, I've fallen out of that habit. But if I had to pick a favorite ... probably Corn Pops, followed closely by Cheerios (the original, not any of the wacky ones they have now. :tongue: )

Weigh daily -- yes, because it's easier for me to incorporate it into my regular daily routine (I just hop on in the mornings after using the toilet and while still nude) than to find a time every ___ days/weeks and remember. I already do measurements every 2 weeks, and believe me, it's not a strict every 2 weeks because I'm terrible at remembering. :laugh: I keep the scale numbers in perspective. I like using the reporting tool on MFP for last 7 days/last 30 days and seeing how it all evens out.

Of course, there are days like today where I'm up a whole 1 lb. and it's :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: . Then I remember I had homemade apple cobbler and ramen for breakfast, and Mexican for dinner last night -- a carb-heavy day -- so what did I expect? heh. Just means I'm due for the weight bench tonight. :happy:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Rest day- I usually have active rest days, where I just do yoga, stretching, or take a walk...no lifting, running, or heavy cardio. Depending on the day, I am able to get a full 24 hours of rest...but if I'm really feeling tired or run down I allow a day of total rest.

Cold cereal- I usually prefer oatmeal, but I do enjoy the Kashi cereals as well.

Weigh everyday- Yes, and I don't take the average or anything. I keep in mind that there will be fluctuations, but look for a trend over time. Assuming that any upward swing isn't just from extra salt/carb/sugar or lifting and it hangs around for too long, I know that I need to reign it in and get the food intake on track.

Since yesterday was my long run day, I allowed my really yummy treat meal for dinner. We stayed in because the weather was gross, but I made turkey burgers and oven baked fries...with baked chicken wings as an appetizer. SO GOOD. Didn't log my food (oops), but I'm pretty sure that I was well under the 3000ish calories that my BB gave me, even with the picking I did, and the yummy dinner. I should have just let myself have the latte I wanted at Starbucks!

Pretty good so far today, did my lifting and some work around the house. Not overly hungry anymore, so the food and water are in check. Looking to come in around 1700 cals today, and I'm happy with that. Ready to enjoy my baked ziti with spinach and turkey sausage for dinner!

Hope everyone's day gets better! :flowerforyou:
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Favorite healthy cereal: Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble
    Favorite crap cereal: Lucky Charms
    Favorite cereal to eat dry: Cracklin Oat Bran

^^^KASHI GO LEAN CRISP TOASTED BERRY CRUMBLE! My favorite. I am obsessed with this cereal right now. You may see it more than once on my diary on any given day. I. Love. It.

Re: weighing, I weigh in daily. I personally could not stand to wait a week to check my weight. I rather like seeing the daily fluctuations. They keep me in check so I know if I should start going easy on the sodium or that I overdid it on those chocolate covered acai berries. It also showed me that I weigh two pounds heavier than what I'd weigh on the scale in the morning. That might be common knowledge, but it was just proof to me.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I walked home from the train station. Stopped and got pralines n cream froyo...yummy. Doing a 30 min run and then ripped. Homework then another 30 min run and abs. 1 hour run, 45 mins strength. ~2000 calories I think. I have to log by exercise to double check. I have my deficit set to ~250 which is ~1100 net calories. My burn has to get to 900 for me to eat 2000 since the 250 deficit is a buffer for mfp's overestimations of my burn and my own calorie estimates. Not leaving a "deficit" would result in weight gain.

So I night not burn 900 but I will be close. I would guess that 800 burned would be a good guess since I also walked. I will report back.

Mine is kashi honey sunshine or go lean. Yummy. I had 2 of those prepackaged cups at the stations and that cost me 5 bucks...I was pissed but I had to eat something since I was up since 5 and didn't get back till around 2.

I hardly ever eat cold cereal because I dont find one serving filling, and I tend to get carried away, but I love Life cereal!! I also like plain fiber one cereal with almond milk!!
    Options

I hardly ever eat cold cereal because I dont find one serving filling, and I tend to get carried away, but I love Life cereal!! I also like plain fiber one cereal with almond milk!!

ditto. i just had it today because it beat the alternative. chips from the vending machine are a crappy choice! lol. i love life. I also love kix. honey bunches of oats. and peanut butter puffins/ cap n crunch.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Only had 1967 calories today - I woke up feeling meh and just had coffee in the morning, and a bowl of soup for lunch. After my 4 mile run this afternoon I was only at a net of 165 so I had a lot of catch up to do! Just finished a bowl of apple crisp topped with marscapone cheese :-)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I really don't eat cereal - I guess my favorite right now is frosted mini wheats.

Generally though if I'm going to have something like that I make sort of a muesli.

Also - I do weigh in every day but I'm kind of irregular about it. If I pass by the scale I tend to just step on. I only really count a weighin in the evening after work, generally friday, and only if I didn't have a weird day -- you know how you can totally feel when you are having an especially thin or fat day? Just really retaining water or waste or something? I don't count those - I look for a nice even day and I wait til I see my fluctuations sort of centered around that number. Then I log it.

I've been having a weird week. Just eating TONS and kind of uncontrollably and NEVER nearly enough protein. Really struggling to make myself log too.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I really should be asleep but I have to catch up and get inspired! Sorry to hear about all the blah, snowy days! We usually have snow here in UT by now, but it's slow in coming. I don't mind since I get to keep up my running but the skiers are all bent out of shape about it.

As to weigh-ins, I do it every two weeks minimum!! But, I admit, I'm a mental case in regards to the scale.

My favorite cereal is Post Great Grains w/ raisins, dates, and pecans!!:love:

What are your strategies for Halloween? I'm nervous since I'll be the charge nurse at work tomorrow. I have to stay a little lower in cals since I can't workout and I know there'll be treats everywhere. Logically, I know I don't need to restrict myself but I need to make up for the weekend.

Or maybe I should just not worry about it!